Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 07:01 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We know where you stand now, anyway.
Hardly a mystery.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 07:01 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
They exist but they are a very, very small group that is blown out of proportion for a variety of reasons.
When you see one cockroach in your house, do you think that is the only one that exists? No reason to believe there are thousands more living in your walls and furniture. If you call an exterminator it's just blowing things out of proportion, right...?

Old 08-14-2018, 07:04 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Explain to me, please, just what you think my motivations are?
Dunno, but I do know totalitarianism exists without fascism, genocide exists without fascism, oppression exists without fascism, discrimination by genetic heritage exists without fascism, extreme nationalism and collective behavior standards exists without fascism, initiating unwarranted collective violence against others exists without fascism. Fascism may exhibit one or all of these (and it's not exhaustive).

However I take exception with any political position that demands one or all of these, even political collectives claiming to be anti-fascist. Further political collectives displaying all of these claiming to be anti-fascist are certainly not anti-fascist. Personally I choose to fight those aspects because they are that which causes harm, and any collective claiming anti-fascist that displays any of those will never have my support.

You do not destroy an ideology, by adopting the common behaviors exhibited by that ideology.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:06 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
That's a pretty bold statement, so you'd align with a non-fascist genocidal tyrant like say Gaddafi, or Hussein, or Khomeini to defend the world from fascism?

I think you need to think deeply about your motivations, before you become indistinguishable from those you purport to fight.
Just keep in mind that we used to like Hussein when he was fighting against Iran, the US had some pretty strange bedfellows over the years when it suited our needs.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:07 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hardly a mystery.

No, really, go ahead and label me in your own words.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:10 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
I'm not in the least ashamed of being known as anti-Nazi, anti-Klan, anti-white supremacist, anti-racism, and anti-fascist.
Do you believe that even people who engage in white flight are no different than Klan and Nazi?

Old 08-14-2018, 07:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
The Little Nazi Rally That Couldn't
It's becoming clear.

Even the neonazis and klan are now seeing that tRump's luster has tarnished and they know that coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches as they did last year won't aid their cause.

The racist tRump tide is now going out.

Who will it drag under?

Old 08-14-2018, 07:33 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just keep in mind that we used to like Hussein when he was fighting against Iran, the US had some pretty strange bedfellows over the years when it suited our needs.
Hussein received targeting information for Iranian troop formations attacked with chemical weapons from the CIA several times. OBL was a one time ally too back in the Soviets in Afghanistan days. Khomeini was the direct result of the US backed Reza Shah, after the democratically elected Mossadegh was overthrown in a CIA backed coup. Gaddafi overthrew the western backed Senussi monarchy, which means we're kind of complicit in them all.

Just because my country does something does not mean I support it.

ETA: It does however show the depths you can plumb in attempting to defeat an ideology, and how you can adopt the very things you're trying to prevent.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:38 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do you believe that even people who engage in white flight are no different than Klan and Nazi?
White flight is a passive reaction to the fear of diversity. I saw it in the 1960s with the building of private schools where the darling white kids didn't have to consort with those of a different upholstery. My grandmother was responsible for the establishment of Hammond Academy here in Columbia in 1963. Their first yearbook was dedicated to her, and the school is still in operation today, although they have changed their admission policies now to discard the unwritten ones of the mid-60s. Today it is about who can afford to send their children there, so it has become a social club where parents can compare money.

If you would rather call it bigotry or prejudice, be my guest.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:40 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
And how about White Dems who force a city to implement an "equity insurance policy" so they don't lose money on their homes when Blacks move into their neighborhoods (Chicago, late 1980s, the program still exists to this very day)?

Chicago Isn't Just Segregated, It Basically Invented Modern Segregation - Chicago Magazine

Plan to Insure Chicago Home Value Brings Racial Rift - 1988 - NY Times Archive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies