Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 07:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Boy--the Marxists are out in full force today.

To answer the question...nope, I wouldn't violate property rights. I'd rather die than violate natural law.
The only thing that gives life meaning is your principles. And aggression is simply a non-starter.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:20 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Short answer, no.

Maybe if I expect that the person whose property I'm using WOULD consent but they're not around and I'm about to pass out any minute, I might do it rather than die and hope I was right. Then if I was wrong, I'll try to make things right and pay them back afterward.

But if they acquired or produced it honestly and are the rightful owners, they have the highest claim to it...simple as that. So I'd respect that and move on to someone else who would help me out, or produce/gather/hunt it myself if I had to.

There's just no reason to harm others or their property, unless they're actively preventing you from getting what you need. Your need alone doesn't place any obligation on anyone else, unless you're a dependent child....which Marxists have the mentality of...

Old 08-13-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Short answer, no.

Maybe if I expect that the person whose property I'm using WOULD consent but they're not around and I'm about to pass out any minute, I might do it rather than die and hope I was right. Then if I was wrong, I'll try to make things right and pay them back afterward.

But if they acquired or produced it honestly and are the rightful owners, they have the highest claim to it...simple as that. So I'd respect that and move on to someone else who would help me out, or produce/gather/hunt it myself if I had to.

There's just no reason to harm others or their property, unless they're actively preventing you from getting what you need. Your need alone doesn't place any obligation on anyone else, unless you're a dependent child....which Marxists have the mentality of...
Not only do they have that mentality they want all of us to partake in their delusion...at gun point.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Non-humans don't have the cognitive ability to negotiate life in the same realm humans do.
Nah, at the base level, we are all animals just like any other.
Ever heard of Maslow's Hierarchy?

The first level is food, water, warmth and rest.
Even bears are safe to be around after they have had a belly full of Salmon, assuming you do get to close to their dens where the cubs are.

But when the food gets tight, you are on their menu.

Anyone that would forgo the survival instinct to eat when starving, no matter how it is obtained would be worthy of a Darwin Award since they would be removing themselves from the Gene Pool.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:42 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Not only do they have that mentality they want all of us to partake in their delusion...at gun point.
"But I need it, sooo....self-defense."

Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Nah, at the base level, we are all animals just like any other.
Ever heard of Maslow's Hierarchy?

The first level is food, water, warmth and rest.
Even bears are safe to be around after they have had a belly full of Salmon, assuming you do get to close to their dens where the cubs are.

But when the food gets tight, you are on their menu.

Anyone that would forgo the survival instinct to eat when starving, no matter how it is obtained would be worthy of a Darwin Award since they would be removing themselves from the Gene Pool.
Sure we are animals but we can negotiate unlike bears.

Maslow is getting some 2.0 updating that may include mental and emotional motivation on the primary level. Haven't seen anything concrete yet. Just throwing it out there.

Shrug on the last paragraph. I'm not a collectivist so it doesn't matter to me what people choose to die over as long as I'm not on the receiving end of aggression.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:47 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
The only thing that gives life meaning is your principles. And aggression is simply a non-starter.
I can't tell you how many times I've repeated your first sentence verbatim. Without principles you're just a mass of cells.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
You have a chance of getting shot if you trespass and steal, but if you don't eat you will 100% die.
I call BS on that.

You have more than 2 options in life. Walk a mile down the road and ask another farmer. Catch fish.
Get a job. do odd jobs.

The OP presents a scenario of an either or life choice which isn't at all realistic.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've repeated your first sentence verbatim. Without principles you're just a mass of cells.
Well, you have to admit, that is in short supply today, since people tend to follow their party over principles and morals.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Well, you have to admit, that is in short supply today, since people tend to follow their party over principles and morals.
We live and work among you folks but yes we do exist.

The freak show is real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies