Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 08:24 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So quote a Conservative who's endorsing abolishing all immigration, like you and most Liberals seem to infer is the goal of Conservatives when you habitually omit the word "illegal".
Laura Ingram is fresh in my mind. Bottom line though, I didn't omit the word, I was talking about legal immigration. Illegal immigration is bad and I'm against it. It doesn't help anyone but the business owner who's selling out his country for a quick buck. Are you for upping immigration quotas, cracking down on employers or streamlining the entry process, in addition to improving border security?

It is all related, the low numbers we allow in (in particular from poor places whose people are particularly motivated to improve their lot), the length of time it takes to go through the process prior to entry, the antagonistic attitude some immigrants encounter, these things all are part of the reason why we have the illegal mess we do. Better border security is part of the answer but so are these issues. Each side dwells on their take and ignores the truth of the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 08:27 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
No. We don't like discrimination. It's as simple as that.

The right continually tries to insist we are discriminating against them by impinging on their right to discriminate. The prospect is as silly as it sounds, but, I guess, if you hear it enough times you start to believe you're being mistreated, when you're not allowed to mistreat others anymore.
Complete Bull$hit, you LOVE discrimination if it suits your agenda. I don't want to mistreat anyone who doesn't clearly deserve to be mistreated.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:45 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You only take strong offense to his comment because, deep down, you wonder if he is correct.

If you had a strong enough feeling about the beliefs you claim to have, you wouldn't be offended because you wouldn't care one whit what anyone else thought.
No. It's just that the same blanket condemnations from the same people, day in and day out, get really old. This is especially true when these posters use the most outlandish comments or behavior of a few and present them as representative of all on the left. FWIW, I find it equally annoying when certain of my fellow liberals use the same tactic against the right, and have occasionally said so.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:47 AM

13,949 posts, read 5,620,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm down with abolishing the Presidency.

While we're at it, abolish Congress, the Supreme Court, and the rest of the federal government. Then get to work abolishing state and local governments.
This.

No reason 536 people should have absolute rule over 330 million.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:50 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Laura Ingram is fresh in my mind. Bottom line though, I didn't omit the word, I was talking about legal immigration. Illegal immigration is bad and I'm against it. It doesn't help anyone but the business owner who's selling out his country for a quick buck. Are you for upping immigration quotas, cracking down on employers or streamlining the entry process, in addition to improving border security?

It is all related, the low numbers we allow in (in particular from poor places whose people are particularly motivated to improve their lot), the length of time it takes to go through the process prior to entry, the antagonistic attitude some immigrants encounter, these things all are part of the reason why we have the illegal mess we do. Better border security is part of the answer but so are these issues. Each side dwells on their take and ignores the truth of the other.

All immigration needs to be controlled.

Ilegal needs to stop and legal immigration needs to be more tightly regulated.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:51 AM

19,020 posts, read 14,196,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Most liberals don't even understand the concept of a republic vs. democracy. They continually refer to "our democracy."
More ironic, is that a republic is not synonymous with a republican form of government.
(The People's Republic of China is a republic, but NOT a republican form.)
Not 1 in 100,000 Americans can accurately define it, its source and origin.
(NO, it's not the constitution.)

Old 08-14-2018, 08:54 AM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Liberals cry - Donald Trump broke the presidency. It's time to get rid of the job altogether.

The typical mindless chant from the left. Yesterday it was "Get rid of America's Presidency altogether". Today it's the Antifa-thug wing of the Democrat party yelling "No border, no Wall, no USA at all". And tomorrow they will come up with some other I-hate-America chant.

Spoiled children always try to come up with something to get the grown-ups' attention.

(yawn)

Old 08-14-2018, 08:57 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Trump is responsible for the downfall of America ,trump and the people that support him.

You're sadly disillusioned. The downfall of America started with LBJ, further expanded under Bill Clinton, and then Bushes to some extent, and really gained steam under Obama.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:58 AM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The People's Republic of China is a republic,
Uh-huh.

And the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea is both a republic and democratic.

Would they lie?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:59 AM

13,949 posts, read 5,620,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
You're sadly disillusioned. The downfall of America started with LBJ, further expanded under Bill Clinton, and then Bushes to some extent, and really gained steam under Obama.
Sorta close, but start a bit further back and go with Wilson and make sure to include Hoover and FDR in your downfall argument. Minus the 6 years of Calvin Coolidge, the period 1912-1944 might be the worst run in the Executive Branch ever? Wilson, Harding, Hoover ad FDR were a superfecta of suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies