Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 05:24 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Wow thanks for detailed explanation as to why it took so long. The steps to fire a senior official are really involved.

I think many departments in our government are in the same boat and I have heard of teachers who are shunted to sit and get paid in empty rooms because it costs more to fire them than to continuing paying.
I read a Commission Report (67 pages) TWICE, and a couple of OIG reports - the process is actually a LOT shorter in the DOJ related departments than it is in some other Agencies. I think Strozk entered this entire process in 2016 when the OIG report was released about his activities and he was demoted.
These reports were ordered due to CNN and 60 Minutes Investigations some years back on Endemic Problems in the FBI. It's really, really corrupt in it's discipline.

Just to be clear, and I hope everyone understands this - there are ONLY 2 people who have the Authority to reverse an OPR (and it's many steps) Investigation determination.

1). Director of the FBI (Christopher Wray)
2). Deputy US Attorney General (Rod Rosenstein)

No Director of the FBI has ever reversed one of the Inspections determinations since the process was put in place - Mueller, Comey, Wray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 05:28 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's not hard at all to disagree with "facts" when they're as questionable and politically skewed as most of the other "facts" related to this situation are.

As long as that POS is fired, at this point what difference does it make?
You were the one claiming that Strzok unilaterally the changed “grossly negligent” language to help keep Hillary Clinton in the election and free from criminal prosecution. Don’t be mad at me just because I’ve shown you that you are not correct.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You were the one claiming that Strzok unilaterally the changed “grossly negligent” language to help keep Hillary Clinton in the election and free from criminal prosecution. Don’t be mad at me just because I’ve shown you that you are not correct.
Yet, the language was CHANGED; from criminal to minimal to protect Hillary.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:57 PM

57,228 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Good idea, that's what the punishment for treason normally is.

Strozak was part of the plot to elect Hillary and then to depose Trump, hang em.
He was guilty of using a government phone to present a political statement, if you have evidence that he was fired for treason I would love to hear the details. The Russians must be tremendously satisfied with these actions.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Yet, the language was CHANGED; from criminal to minimal to protect Hillary.

According to the IG, it was changed at the direction of an FBI lawyer who is not accused of any bias.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:05 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,421 times
Quote:
According to the IG, it was changed at the direction of an FBI lawyer who is not accused of any bias.
The preliminary IG report is SO convoluted, as it describes blatant bias, and then dismisses all of it in conclusion. This ain't over....

Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Who is that lawyer and how do you know he/she or whatever is not biased ? Do you have a quote you can reference from the IG report ?

Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:
Hard to disagree with facts. The attorney independently corroborated Strzok’s account of the change, under oath. Other than the one change, you haven’t identified any other act that Strzok took that supposedly affected the Clinton investigation. Certainly, after months of investigations, the IG didn’t find one.
Doesn’t matter, he violated the Hatch Act.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who is that lawyer and how do you know he/she or whatever is not biased ?
Because it’s in the IG report.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Fired? I thought exorcism would have been more appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies