Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 01:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ent/934661002/

All the mayor, police and churches can do is offer worthless speeches and use tough words like "cowardly".

Seems as though on per-capita basis that Milwaukee over the last weekend was twice as bad as Chicago during the following weekend that garnered international attention.

So many cities these are nothing more than a few yuppie areas and the rest poor families who have baby after baby to fatten up the welfare checks, housing vouchers and EBT used to by fattening and greasy food.

These liberal cities are basically powerless and all they can do is raise taxes which is nothing more than a short-term bandage.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 08-13-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 02:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
According to your link, “ Police say 5/6 killings were prompted by arguments.

What exactly should Milwaukee’s Mayor and LE do to prevent arguments that could result in murder?

https://fox6now.com/2016/11/02/ameri...american-city/

According to this, Milwaukee has the 10th highest homicide rate in the US. Chicago comes in at # 24. Yet there are endless threads posted to this forum about Chicago. Why is that?

Most homicides that occur in Chicago occur in 5/25 Police Districts.

Why do you persist in trolling about topics and places you know nothing about? Have you considered volunteering your time to do something to make your own community a better place?

Old 08-13-2018, 02:25 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to your link, “ Police say 5/6 killings were prompted by arguments.

What exactly should Milwaukee’s Mayor and LE do to prevent arguments that could result in murder?
It boils down to the culture of violence in the ghettos. The mentality of "disrespect me and I'm shooting you" is strong among some individuals. That is something law enforcement and the mayor cannot solve. LE and the Mayor cannot solve the severe anger issues among some young men in the ghettos. And since this is Milwaukee, I am reminded of an episode of Gangland I saw.

Quote from gang expert Stan Stojkovic (from Gangland episode Gangster Inc)

"Some areas of the city, despair is normative. If you talk to gang members, young people who are 14, 15, 16 and you ask the 'where do you see yourself at 30?', they laugh. They don't see themselves living to 30".

Basically, young angry men who don't think they'll live past 30, so they have no problem killing someone else.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It boils down to the culture of violence in the ghettos. The mentality of "disrespect me and I'm shooting you" is strong among some individuals. That is something law enforcement and the mayor cannot solve. LE and the Mayor cannot solve the severe anger issues among some young men in the ghettos.
Yep.

Poverty does not pull the trigger.

Lack of marketable skills does not pull the trigger.

Race does not pull the trigger.

It comes down to a personal choice, always.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Yep.

Poverty does not pull the trigger.

Lack of marketable skills does not pull the trigger.

Race does not pull the trigger.

It comes down to a personal choice, always.
Poverty does not pull the trigger. However, I will say this. Poverty can create a situation where people try to make a living in illegal ways, ways that could mean getting killed or having to kill. Example: Drug dealing. Alot of gang shootings are related to drugs and gang turf.

As for why murder is more prevalent in impoverished areas where the population is less educated and has higher unemployment rates, that is something to examine. Where does that culture of violence come from? Alot of questions to ask.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:43 PM

Before someone blames this on liberals, consider this. Madison is also in Wisconsin and it is even more liberal than Milwaukee. For the city of Madison, 11 murders is considered alot. This is a city of 255,000 people and only had 11 murders last year. Milwaukee is a violent city, far more violent than Madison. Madison is ran by Democrats and very liberal. It has a low murder rate, and a low violent crime rate in general.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:47 PM

The most dangerous city in the US:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/realest...r-12737063.php

Old 08-13-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Monroe is pretty violent. The truth is, Louisiana over all is a violent state. Baton Rouge, and New Orleans too. Louisiana has the highest murder rate of any U.S. state and has been this way since the late 1980s. Over the last three decades, the murder rate has remains in the double digits.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:10 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
My brother lives there and is disgusted with the violence but he loves it there and has stayed even though he has the resources to live anywhere he chooses.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My brother lives there and is disgusted with the violence but he loves it there and has stayed even though he has the resources to live anywhere he chooses.
I'm not him. I would never want to live in Monroe,Louisiana. And in general, there are other places I would rather live in than Louisiana. States I'd rather live in: Colorado, Washington state, Minnesota, Iowa, Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies