Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 07:58 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Racism is a mechanism of maintaining an imbalance of power -- making it literally impossible, by definition, to be racist against white people, or to tell a racist joke about a white person.

Translation : We want to be racist against whites and demand they stand aside while we take power and they are not to offer any resistance. We are the lions and whites must be the lambs.
What a bunch of mutton heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Opinions are like, well, you know.

The opinions of the racist idiots at NBC are of no concern to me.

Opinions articles aren't from NBC employees. People submit Opinion articles and get published. It's usually propaganda. Who knows, maybe a Russian troll wrote the Opinion piece in order to sow racial discord in the USA. Anyone can submit an Opinion piece. Don't confuse an Opinion piece with a new piece done by someone that's a reporter. There's a reason "Opinion" is clearly noted.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
In most cases around this country it might be true that the majority of cases that go on are only white people being racist. But that's because most cities/towns in this country are majority white.

But let's say you're a white person working in a city that is 80% black. The company you work for is 90%. If your bosses treat you different because you're white then that damn well is racism. They are in control of the majority & looking at you as inferior.

The problem white people have against them is if a white person doesn't like somebody for whatever reason but will respect them & treat them as equal. It's called prejudice. Not racism. Same for blacks vs whites. I can understand a black grandma having issues with white people if she saw her husband lynched to death in the 60's by whites. It doesn't mean she is racist towards white but she is prejudice.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:04 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Opinions articles aren't from NBC employees. People submit Opinion articles and get published. It's usually propaganda. Who knows, maybe a Russian troll wrote the Opinion piece in order to sow racial discord in the USA. Anyone can submit an Opinion piece.
The guy is real. I googled him.

He's also TDS-infected.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:07 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
A writer of an NBC news opinion article came up with a new definition of racism, saying

Quote:
Racism is a mechanism of maintaining an imbalance of power -- making it literally impossible, by definition, to be racist against white people, or to tell a racist joke about a white person.
The guy who writes this is a moron. Whites are uniquely forbidden from exercising power in this country, and consequently they face more racist discrimination than any other race in this country. And that's government-mandated discrimination.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:10 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
White liberal guilt is just about the saddest thing there is.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:14 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
If you are White and you live in one of the Democrat's Mad-Max creations, where there is next to no Whites.......I am sure there are many people there who are plenty empowered to project their racism onto those minority Whites.

Last edited by tickyul; 08-13-2018 at 08:31 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 08:31 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Ridiculous. Of course it's possible to be racist against white people.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I clicked on the link and started reading it. I wanted t be able to put into context what the writer was actually saying and what the OP stated. Before I finished reading the first paragraph, I decided I didn't really care. Here's what I think. White people can be stereotyped. They can bear the brunt of racism just like anyone else. This would be like saying men can't be the subject of sexism, but I bet some folks on tis board actually think that. My guess is that the opinion that whites cannot be the victims of prejudice is shared by few other people and that the OP was really just a chance for someone to be able to point at Democrats and call them names.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ahh, yes. You would like us to believe that white people - the majority - the ones that control corporations and hence our government ~ now bear the brunt of racism.

GTFO. No one's buying your white identity politics.
Excuse me, but just in case you haven't noticed, hate directed at white people, and especially Christian white people, is broadcast daily everyday through our televisions and social media. It has become the "it" thing to do. If you say anything, and I mean ANYTHING, about a "minority" race, you will be destroyed. But if you come out and blame white people for everything, or straight up talk horribly about them, well, you'll get a better paying job and the media will love you.

Of course, no one here is saying that white people are the only ones being discriminated against. However, we are the only race where it seems to be an acceptable occurrence. This has nothing to do with "white identity politics" and everything to do with equal rights and equal treatment. So, I'm sorry to share this with you folks but I have some very real and truth-filled news for you. If you take part in or enjoy watching another person be attacked, belittled, etc. based on the color of their skin, you are a racist. No matter what color you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies