Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Hyperbole noted. Pathetic that's all you have for arguments. Hyperbole and feels.
Were you not proposing arming teachers? Do you think loaded firearms in high schools in the possession of those distracted by their...job of teaching is safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinred92 View Post
A teacher is not enough. There could be multiple shooters, remember Columbine?

We should allow the students to carry too. The second ammendment has no age limit. The rights of those children are being violated.
OMG! What a solution! That should work out just fine according to the NRA. This will add a new dimension to the "Stand your own ground" law in Florida.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:58 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,482,550 times
It would be great if for once, just once, the vehement anti gun crowd could bring forth a legitimate argument that isn't built around emotional instability, irrational fear, and hyperbole. Just once...

What I find most disturbing... For a crowd that claims science is being slaughtered by religion or an administration's motives... they defy the scientific method of testing theories.
You've had a failed good feels bill become law and be law since 1994. As a result of that bill and reporting on the tactics and weapons used, an increase in these heinous acts has continued unchallenged by an armed deterrence present within the schools.
It's almost as if it was passed to further an agenda to have Graves to stand atop and statistics to support an agenda.

In science... you test theories...
I'm willing to test mine against yours. You allow faculty to be armed to serve as a deterrence, allow volunteers to stand guard outside, could be parents, could be members of the local community. We can compare the results with a homicidal scumbag descending on their gun free school vs a voluntarily armed presence and see which one works at stopping the scumbag armed.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We are a nation of religious freedom. Don't you think that motto should then include all gods?

Adonai.
Ahura Mazda.
The All.
Allah.
Bathala.
Brahman.
Cao Đài.
El. Elohim. El Elyon. El Shaddai.
In God we Trust does that as it is a non specific God, where as clarification is up to the individual.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:01 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,733,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinred92 View Post
A teacher is not enough. There could be multiple shooters, remember Columbine?

We should allow the students to carry too. The second ammendment has no age limit. The rights of those children are being violated.
You're exposing your game too quickly. Ease off a bit.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Were you not proposing arming teachers? Do you think loaded firearms in high schools in the possession of those distracted by their...job of teaching is safe?
Teachers. Janitors. Librarian. Hall monitor. Principal... Faculty. You know, employees that comprise the schools staff.

Strange. My employees and I are armed. We perform work. More so than drawing on a white board and communicating and teaching. Like lifting bending squatting walking using machinery etc etc.
I don't see why it would be unsafe to have armed faculty.

But yeah totally leave a loaded weapon on a desk would absolutely play out...

Old 08-15-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
It would be great if for once, just once, the vehement anti gun crowd could bring forth a legitimate argument that isn't built around emotional instability, irrational fear, and hyperbole. Just once...

What I find most disturbing... For a crowd that claims science is being slaughtered by religion or an administration's motives... they defy the scientific method of testing theories.
You've had a failed good feels bill become law and be law since 1994. As a result of that bill and reporting on the tactics and weapons used, an increase in these heinous acts has continued unchallenged by an armed deterrence present within the schools.
It's almost as if it was passed to further an agenda to have Graves to stand atop and statistics to support an agenda.

In science... you test theories...
I'm willing to test mine against yours. You allow faculty to be armed to serve as a deterrence, allow volunteers to stand guard outside, could be parents, could be members of the local community. We can compare the results with a homicidal scumbag descending on their gun free school vs a voluntarily armed presence and see which one works at stopping the scumbag armed.
Would you leave a loaded gun on your kitchen table in a house with children while you cook dinner to test your theory that this is a safe solution to preventing a home invasion?

Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Would you leave a loaded gun on your kitchen table in a house with children while you cook dinner to test your theory that this is a safe solution to preventing a home invasion?
I leave it in my waistband.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
In God we Trust does that as it is a non specific God, where as clarification is up to the individual.

Then it should read, "In gods, we trust." Polytheists believe in many gods.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:06 AM

Why would you advocate for irresponsible practices? Is that to further your agenda when an accident/act of negligence takes place to add to your statistics?

I find that profoundly stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies