Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There's plenty of things that needs addressing that Trump hasn't gotten to. Is he the only one available? Does he have to do everything?
Here I am repeating myself. He is the president, he is suppose to be leading the discussion. Is e-verify more important than calling ex employee's dogs? He seems to have time for that. He has time for golfing. He has time for worthlessly threatening other countries. He doesn't have time for this?

Quote:
While he has done more than anyone is recent history - he can't do everything. And I don't want him doing everything. This country is a collective effort for everyone to be involved in. What about the states - do they have laws and are the corporations breaking those laws?
You know the answer to this. It is NOT the job of the states, per the courts and the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:28 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
How many people who caused the economic crisis went to prison under Obama? One.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/04/m...al-crisis.html

Rich crooks almost never go to prison. It's not just under Trump.

The Untouchables: How the Obama administration protected Wall Street from prosecutions

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ecutions-obama
And I think more should have been prosecuted.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:29 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Seriously? I can think of a few that have gone unpunished under Obama ...Hillary, to name just one, and her corrupt "foundation."

Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And I think more should have been prosecuted.
More? There were none in actuality.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 AM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
Quote:
New report shows corporate crime going unpunished under Trump
There's a shocker.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
White collar crime in big business is why Trumps in office. He’s paying back all those who supported him for president. There’s no one in his administration that is qualified to be there and capable of doing their job. The American voters ( 1/3 of them ) were suckered…………….
Right. That's why he's so successful, I suppose. Obama damn near destroyed this nation, and was probably the most unqualified for the job of anyone in American history. President Trump is cleaning up his mess, and is doing very well, thank you very much.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:38 AM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
^Wow.
Successful??? Successful ****** maybe, I will give you that.
He has declared bankruptcy how many times? I do lose track.
He has hundreds of lawsuits from people who have done business with him and
claim that he is a crook, ****** and fraud.
Look at the people he surrounds himself with....mostly liars, and con men just like himself.
And he is dragging the Presidency down in the gutter with him.

Some people sure have blinders on that is for sure.
Trump is the Worst. President Ever.
Ever.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:43 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Here I am repeating myself. He is the president, he is suppose to be leading the discussion. Is e-verify more important than calling ex employee's dogs? He seems to have time for that. He has time for golfing. He has time for worthlessly threatening other countries. He doesn't have time for this?
Leading the discussion on what? The data from a left wing group? That's not going to happen.

Yes - he spends time dealing with what others put before him. He chooses to make sure that certain negative narratives are dealt with - otherwise people believe them. That's what he does. I can't change that.

I think expectations are unrealistic here. There's plenty of stuff that hasn't been dealt with - medicare fraud, food stamp fraud, Chicago, drugs, - the list can go on forever.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is how he and his fellow criminals, after looting the treasury with the tax cuts for the rich, are further screwing over the American people.
I agree.

It is amazing that 30% of the voters refuse to acknowledge this problem.

Consumer product safety laws are being relaxed, open season on the ecology (with concomitant risks of cancers and other threatening diseases), attacks on programs vulnerable people need to live like Social Security and Medicare, consumer financial protections are gutted and now we see business criminals are not being fined or prosecuted as they should.

This con man is the savior of the people???? We've all been had!!!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Leading the discussion on what?
Right, you aren't concerned over the actual issue just in pushing your politics. That's sad and something I do not understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies