Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 05:34 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Uh, No he didn't.

It'll have the opposite effect.

Now, our intel community can't consult Brennan on issues he's had experience dealing with in his decades of intel work.

BUT...

This action just might add "abuse of power" to tRump's articles of impeachment.

Right after treason and obstruction.

Like I've been saying, this just keeps getting better.

So, you're good with him telling top secret information with who ever he wants? I mean your fellow lefties say it's silencing him.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 05:35 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Uh, No he didn't.

It'll have the opposite effect.

Now, our intel community can't consult Brennan on issues he's had experience dealing with in his decades of intel work.
We should not want his experience consulted going forward. I want people like him completely removed from government service. Preferably behind bars.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:39 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Somebody explain it to me. Why in the name of all that is holy would a former CIA, FBI or other intelligence agency operative still have any security clearance at all??

Not really a Trump-fan vs Trump-hater thing. This is just common sense. You don't let a former employee keep the keys to the shop and all the passwords to the computer system. You don't let former CIA have access to classified information. Not rocket science and obvious to anyone with a brain in their skull.
Because they are contacted by agencies after they leave their positions.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:49 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Brennan is a nut...........tell me of a CIA Director in history that bashes in public a current President constantly and expects to keep his top secret clearance?
Intelligent people see the president for who he is: crazy. Only in Trump's thin skinned world is it unacceptable to have an opinion. Keeping security clearances after one leaves the post is standard operating procedure, and has been for a long time. The system worked well before. Trump is revoking them because he's a control freak.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because they are contacted by agencies after they leave their positions.

So what, if you move between companies your security clearance is placed on HOLD (not the exact terminology)....then the new company that you go to has to do another reinvestigation of you to reinstate that clearance.

You just don't keep your clearance just because you have it.

I had a SC in the Army, when I left the Army, it was in HOLD status, the company I went to, guess what they had to do?

Old 08-16-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Intelligent people see the president for who he is: crazy. Only in Trump's thin skinned world is it unacceptable to have an opinion. Keeping security clearances after one leaves the post is standard operating procedure, and has been for a long time. The system worked well before. Trump is revoking them because he's a control freak.

BS, it's never like that...you obviously have never been part of the SF86 club....

Old 08-16-2018, 06:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you're good with him telling top secret information with who ever he wants? I mean your fellow lefties say it's silencing him.......
I'm good with not using moronic strawman arguments, chuck.

Look it up.

Sorry for the big words.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Just remember this -- at some point the Republicans may lose control and then the Democrats can come in and deny ALL of them security clearance.

This is the thing, this President is normalizing procedures, policies that could come back to bite Republicans.

A new norm has been set. And not just with security clearances.

It will impact us in the future.

I don't anticipate that Democrats or Republicans that come into 'power' later will be able to refuse the ability to seek revenge, wipe out a previous admin's. efforts.

We thought they played stupid games before.

New lows.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We should not want his experience consulted going forward.
Who's "we?"
Quote:
I want people like him completely removed from government service. Preferably behind bars.
Contact tRump and Sessions.

Demand that they "lock him up!"

Keep us updated.

tRump can't be questioned, after all.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
**** that commie POS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies