Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2018, 01:53 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times

Advertisements

I think Trump should do what he will. Do it all. Then let's watch the reaction of Republicans when the same is done to them. Say a negative thing about a Democratic president? Lose their security clearance. There are so many things Trump and the GOP are doing that I look forward to doing back to them and watch their silent rage. They know how one-sided and ridiculous all this is and serving it back is going to be DELICIOUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 02:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think Trump should do what he will. Do it all. Then let's watch the reaction of Republicans when the same is done to them. Say a negative thing about a Democratic president? Lose their security clearance. There are so many things Trump and the GOP are doing that I look forward to doing back to them and watch their silent rage. They know how one-sided and ridiculous all this is and serving it back is going to be DELICIOUS.
Most people past and present aren't as stupid as Brennan who put peoples lives at risk by publicly divulged names of operators in the field.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow!

Awesome to see a list with so many names, both democrats and republicans alike, to come together and denounce Donald Trump, Idiot in Chief.

https://twitter.com/DavidPriess/stat...85070442475520

Maybe they should be more concerned about the politicization of people like John Brennan using hi security clearance to gove credibility to lies and unverified rumors

Old 08-20-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Most people past and present aren't as stupid as Brennan who put peoples lives at risk by publicly divulged names of operators in the field.
Trump already admitted this is about the Russia investigation. Trump is using security clearances as a way to punish opposition. He has stated specifically that Brennan says negative things about him.

This makes it very easy for future Democratic presidents to punish Republicans by taking away their security clearances when they say something negative.

The list of things future Democratic presidents can do will blow Republican's minds.

And don't for a second think the excuse "well I personally opposed that one thing" will work.

No Republicans are complaining about this nor have they complained about anything else. No running for cover later.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:02 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Trump already admitted this is about the Russia investigation. Trump is using security clearances as a way to punish opposition. He has stated specifically that Brennan says negative things about him.

This makes it very easy for future Democratic presidents to punish Republicans by taking away their security clearances when they say something negative.

The list of things future Democratic presidents can do will blow Republican's minds.

And don't for a second think the excuse "well I personally opposed that one thing" will work.

No Republicans are complaining about this nor have they complained about anything else. No running for cover later.

To the bold, once again, how does taking his security clearance away keep him from criticizing or saying negative things about trump?

I've never gotten an answer....

Old 08-20-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold, once again, how does taking his security clearance away keep him from criticizing or saying negative things about trump?

I've never gotten an answer....
It doesn't. And the same will be said by Democrats when a Democratic president uses security clearances as a way to punish Republican opponents.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
It doesn't. And the same will be said by Democrats when a Democratic president uses security clearances as a way to punish Republican opponents.
Paybacks are a beoytch.

Did the Republicons think there would never be a response to Benghazi? Whitewater?

Ahhh. Always playing the short game they are.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
That's odd, I don't recall any of you giving a **** when President Obama used the IRS to punish conservative groups.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Paybacks are a beoytch.

Did the Republicons think there would never be a response to Benghazi? Whitewater?

Ahhh. Always playing the short game they are.
Why have a dogfight over it every time a new party takes office. Better to have the SC removed for everyone leaving gov. service.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:19 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:

That is exactly what you said though..."specifically that Brennan says negative things about him" I would hope that the dems have enough sense to do the same.. What does that have to do with any clearance?

And BTW, good....if you don't have that job anymore, you should not have any type of security clearance, that goes for repubs or dems....sorry to disappoint you that I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies