Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 03:39 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm not certain why anybody who identifies as LGBT would want to go to a baker known to be homophobic/transphobic unless they are trying to create a case. While you and I strongly disagree on LGBT issues, in the current social climate I wish the couple would just go elsewhere. I worry that a SCOTUS ruling against a Christian baker at the current time, with tensions as high as they are over cultural issues, could be the catalyst of mass unrest and civil war in a country that is still struggling to come to terms with legal gay marriage.
They wanted to go to that baker because they wanted to make him do it. no other reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 03:40 PM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Because it IS illegal in Colorado to discriminate against persons based on their sexual orientation. It's quite simple.

Did Masterpiece refuse to make this thing a cake because it's "trans"?

No.

Did Masterpiece refuse to make a cake with a particular decoration or theme?

perhaps

The first would be protected under the "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" clause.

The second is not protected

Now carry on with your hissy fit

Old 08-15-2018, 03:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
The last offended party that sued had to pass up over a dozen bake shops to find a Christian shop where they knew they could win in court
Turn your malice into cash call 1 800 sleazy and breezy legal services

Old 08-15-2018, 03:43 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Isn't it pretty shallow to just discriminate about things that are obvious - such a looks/race, etc. A person might look perfectly nice and "normal" and be a horrible person or even a criminal. If you bake cakes, you bake cakes. If you are going to discriminate against folks you don't approve of then you really need to get out of the public service business.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:43 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
They won't lose. All the Coloradans I know were embarrassed and annoyed that the state lost the first case. And all assume they will win this time.
All the coloradans I know felt the baker was within their rights. Because we know some Coloradans doesn't mean squat.
I would understand if the bakery were providing a life sustaining service. Why did the Transgender select a bakery known for being anti-gay? We all know why.

I am pro LGBT rights and if you have read any of my posts on the topic you will see that. In this case go to another bakery and problem is solved.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 08-15-2018 at 04:04 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 03:45 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, they wanted a simple pink colored cake with blue frosting. Its something a baker should easily be able to do. Anyone who has ever baked a cake could do it, its not confusing. The last time I made a cake with my 4 year old nephew, even he knew that we could make the cake one color, and the icing another. I think we even made a pink cake with turquoise icing.
If it is so easy, why bother the baker at all? This person could just bake their own cake.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:45 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Isn't it pretty shallow to just discriminate about things that are obvious - such a looks/race, etc. A person might look perfectly nice and "normal" and be a horrible person or even a criminal. If you bake cakes, you bake cakes. If you are going to discriminate against folks you don't approve of then you really need to get out of the public service business.
So someone wants to bake a cake celebrating the holocaust. You bake cakes, so you bake this one?

Old 08-15-2018, 03:46 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Let's be honest. This is Fascism. Where government FORCES you to do things against your will. Why are LGBT a protected class again? Why were Liberal/Progressive against the government in the 60's, but now embrace, and promote more government, and more government intrusion in our lives? It has been proven that government is often NOT benevolent. Why voluntarily rely on them so much?

Old 08-15-2018, 03:47 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
OP:

I’d just love to hear your opinion about the millions of kids who are legally brainwashed by religion every year.
Go to any public school nowadays and you'll find out what brainwashing really is. Hellholes.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:48 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
The plaintiff appears to be an attorney.

https://www.scardinalaw.com/About/Autumn-Scardina.shtml
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies