Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 12:11 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

The smart ones who posses the ability to be honest and open minded along with not having a share in the swamp not getting drained are warming to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 01:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Dream about #walkaway all you want, but that is not indicative of how African American voting will go in the midterms. Do you really think they are going to ignore the racist events of the last two years? You really think they'll support white nationalists or Trump BFFs?

There are already white supremacists in Florida setting up the racist robo-calls and threatening Gillum. Anyone believing that will swing the vote to Desantis, a Trump flunky, is not thinking clearly.

There are groups working very hard to get out the vote. And do not underestimate Obama. The alt-right may continuously bash him, but Obama is still very popular among whites and blacks, and more popular than Trump. And every time Trump smears Obama's name with his imaginary conspiracies and criminal accusations, more votes against Trump are cemented. Unfortunately, the GOP is subject to guilt by association.

"...A political action committee that pushes black voter turnout, and helped Democrats flip a U.S. Senate seat in deep-red Alabama, is looking to build on that success in the 2018 midterm congressional elections.

"What we are essentially doing is building a grassroots army of black leaders who are going to be doing large scale black voter engagement," said Arisha Hatch, director of the organization and a 2008 alum of then-candidate Barack Obama's presidential campaign. The volunteers will be working the phones and knocking on doors to have what she describes as a "peer to peer" conversation about the need for their vote..."

Although the PAC is not directly affiliated with apolitical party, Hatch says the group believes the only way to see its political goals reflected in Congress is to remove Republicans from power and to replace them with candidates who will act asa check on President Donald Trump...."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/26/blac...-midterms.html

Old 09-05-2018, 01:45 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I loathe Trump. That being said...

Whose Palm Beach country club was the first to admit blacks and Jews? (Jews did have their own CC. My point being is they took both of those groups)

Yup Donald 'Hitler' Trump
I don't loathe Donald Trump and I don't exactly love him either but I do know that he is attempting to overturn the established way of politics that has caused this country so much turmoil and misery.
Ultimately I doubt he cares whether blacks or whites or any other group profits from his efforts provided everyone comes out better.
And all the financial and economic evidence out there points to the fact that blacks are doing better under Trump than they have for a very long time.
Obama was a lawyer for some fairly nasty slum landlords in Chicago,Kennedy had a notoriously immoral attitude towards women and Clinton is as corrupt and deviant as they come but all were considered good presidents.
Ultimately Trump will be judged on the economy at the next election and if black people think they've done well out of Trump's tenure they'll vote him in again.
But perhaps just not tell their friends what they're doing.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:29 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I don't loathe Donald Trump and I don't exactly love him either but I do know that he is attempting to overturn the established way of politics that has caused this country so much turmoil and misery.
Ultimately I doubt he cares whether blacks or whites or any other group profits from his efforts provided everyone comes out better.
And all the financial and economic evidence out there points to the fact that blacks are doing better under Trump than they have for a very long time.
Obama was a lawyer for some fairly nasty slum landlords in Chicago,Kennedy had a notoriously immoral attitude towards women and Clinton is as corrupt and deviant as they come but all were considered good presidents.
Ultimately Trump will be judged on the economy at the next election and if black people think they've done well out of Trump's tenure they'll vote him in again.
But perhaps just not tell their friends what they're doing.
Let me school you before they fool you:

The voting priority for black people is dealing with racism. That is a far greater priority than the economy.

A good economy means nothing if racism is keeping us from being hired.

A good economy means nothing if racism is getting us imprisoned unjustly.

A good economy means nothing if we're dealing with racist legislators that are continually working against our interests in every way they can conceive, such as gerrymandering and closing voting precincts.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:04 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Nobody is claiming that Trump will get 90% of the black vote and you don't speak for all black people, at least not for the educated and informed portion of the black community.
A Trump mark insults my intelligence. I’ll try to pick up the pieces of my life.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:42 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

The voting priority for black people is dealing with racism. That is a far greater priority than the economy.

A good economy means nothing if we're dealing with racist legislators that are continually working against our interests in every way they can conceive, such as gerrymandering and closing voting precincts.
Said persons isn't "fooled". Some people really believe that racial discrimination, unjust imprisonment, and racist legislators aren't a big deal.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

I also want to add this. Some people know of things like racial discrimination and unjust imprisonment, but choose to ignore it because it doesn't go along with their agenda. Said person is trying to paint this picture of "Blacks are warming up to Trump". Some people keep telling themselves this because they want to paint this picture of "if you don't support Trump, you're crazy". This is a form of gaslighting. Instead of overtly saying "something is wrong with you not accepting someone who isn't in your favor" it is now "see, they support him why don't you?". It is a way of making you feel stupid. It is not going to work.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I haven't read all the comments but I know a lot of black folks from different parts of the country. I don't know one black person that favors Trump at all. Now, I'm not saying they don't exist or I know every black person. But it's like finding a needle in a cornfield. The black folks that do support Trump, hide it for good reason. It's an embarrassment to put it nicely. Anyone that brings up West should be a shame. We know he has mental health issues that need to be addressed so don't use him as an example to fit your convenient agenda.
I live in the South. Alot of Black people here in Georgia. I only know two Black persons who supported Trump. Both are the sons of African immigrants (Nigeria and Ethiopia). President Trump referred to their countries as "crapholes"(I can't say the actual word on city-data). It makes it all the more ironic.

Outside of that, the Black people I know are posting things on facebook criticizing Trump and saying things against Trump. Finding Black Trump supporters is rare. The majority of African-Americans, a large majority, don't support Trump. I think people who keep obsessing about who Blacks vote for do so because they view Black people as a problem in society and see it was "if you don't support who we want you to support, you are the problem". I don't think it has anything to do with caring about Blacks. Terms like "plantation" are basically demeaning. Some will say things like "the Democrats are using you" or "they will fool you".

Deep down, I think said persons saying these things are more worried because they know a majority of Blacks vote for Democrat. It bothers said persons because they feel like Blacks stand in the way of Republicans having more power in the country. They feel like Blacks support a party that is not in the best interest of conservatives. Basically, said persons care far more about conservatives than Black people, but try to make it look like otherwise.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in the South. Alot of Black people here in Georgia. I only know two Black persons who supported Trump. Both are the sons of African immigrants (Nigeria and Ethiopia). President Trump referred to their countries as "crapholes"(I can't say the actual word on city-data). It makes it all the more ironic.

Outside of that, the Black people I know are posting things on facebook criticizing Trump and saying things against Trump. Finding Black Trump supporters is rare. The majority of African-Americans, a large majority, don't support Trump. I think people who keep obsessing about who Blacks vote for do so because they view Black people as a problem in society and see it was "if you don't support who we want you to support, you are the problem". I don't think it has anything to do with caring about Blacks. Terms like "plantation" are basically demeaning. Some will say things like "the Democrats are using you" or "they will fool you".

Deep down, I think said persons saying these things are more worried because they know a majority of Blacks vote for Democrat. It bothers said persons because they feel like Blacks stand in the way of Republicans having more power in the country. They feel like Blacks support a party that is not in the best interest of conservatives. Basically, said persons care far more about conservatives than Black people, but try to make it look like otherwise.
I agree. That's is why they are hypocrites. That's putting it nicely. They want minorities to fall in line. New flash to them, black and brown folks ain't going nowhere. If anything they are hurting themselves because their racism and bigotry are being exposed and the consequences are wide.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I agree. That's is why they are hypocrites. That's putting it nicely. They want minorities to fall in line. New flash to them, black and brown folks ain't going nowhere. If anything they are hurting themselves because their racism and bigotry are being exposed and the consequences are wide.
The term "hypocrite" is putting is mildly. Said persons will swear up and down that the Democrats "are the true racists" and yet there are individuals who are Republicans opening threads, obsessing about who Blacks vote for, using terms like "plantation". Those persons are talking about Black people as if to say "Black people are stupid and need to be taught who to vote for". Those very individuals accuse the Democrats of doing that. Hypocrite is an appropriate term for that.

People are going to vote for whom they see fit. The reasons for this vary. It is like what I mentioned before. Some people are really just looking out for themselves, but will try to lie about it. The obsession over who minorities, particular Blacks, vote for has nothing to do with some benevolence towards Blacks. It's about "we want a conservative who has our interests in mind, not Black people or other minorities".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies