Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 07:26 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Security clearances should expire when a person leaves the job.

No exceptions.
If they go to a new job in a few weeks or months then what’s the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

All their buddies in high places can and do still tell the secrets to them.... LEAKS!

Old 08-16-2018, 07:29 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I will add this in as well, for those who say security clearances should be eternal...

Trump-supporting Pentagon analyst stripped of security clearance after Stefan Halper complaints

A Trump-supporting Pentagon analyst was stripped of his security clearance by Obama-appointed officials after he complained of questionable government contracts to Stefan Halper, the FBI informant who spied on the Trump presidential campaign.

Adam Lovinger, a 12-year strategist in the Pentagon’s Office of Net Assessment, complained to his bosses about Halper contracts in the fall of 2016, his attorney, Sean M. Bigley, told The Washington Times.

On May 1, 2017, his superiors yanked his security clearance and relegated him to clerical chores.

That first paragraph is pretty interesting.
It’s only interesting if you are a conspiracy theorist, his clearance was revoked by his superiors not the president, are you going to point out each instance as proof that Trump was right.

Did you fail to notice that this was in 2017 and Sessions was in charge. So what did the IG investigation turn up?

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Security clearances should expire when a person leaves the job.

No exceptions.

They are supposed to. I have a SC, and if I leave my job and go to another company, that other company has to do another SF86 on me....and until it comes back approved I cannot do anything...

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The Dunderheads will ignore every bit of this and still support Brennan no matter what. They have been trained like Pavlov's dog.
Having a conversation about when all security clearances should end is a worthy - but different - conversation.

Basically, Trump ended someone's clearance because (a) he didn't like what they said about him and (b) because he was part of the Russia investigation.

Two completely different things.

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Is it written anywhere in that memo that only republican security holders should be expunged?

There are many levels of 'security clearances'. I had to sign one once at my job. I've been retired for three years. Should I be scrubbed? Certainly. I have nothing to do with my job anymore, and frankly, can't even remember what the security clearance pertained to.

There's no way the cheeto can get around this. He used this action as retribution. He even said it in the WSJ interview (which I believe was last night).

He's a schoolyard bully.
What are you whining about? Trump is doing what Brennan suggested.

By the way - did you see post #3? Security clearance removal was directly related to political affiliation.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:41 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Having a conversation about when all security clearances should end is a worthy - but different - conversation.

Basically, Trump ended someone's clearance because (a) he didn't like what they said about him and (b) because he was part of the Russia investigation.

Two completely different things.
No he ended it because he was leaking stuff he wasn't supposed to which would happen to anyone. Wake up and take the partisan glasses off.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:42 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
It’s only interesting if you are a conspiracy theorist, his clearance was revoked by his superiors not the president, are you going to point out each instance as proof that Trump was right.

Did you fail to notice that this was in 2017 and Sessions was in charge. So what did the IG investigation turn up?
Sessions had nothing to do with it.

Brennan was monetizing his clearance and is adversarial to a sitting president... and he has lied in the past. He deserved it.

This guy asked questions about someone who was in the protected class. He did not deserve it.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nov. 2013...

W.H. looks to scrub clearance list

In a directive obtained by POLITICO, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper questioned the booming rolls of security-clearance holders. At last count, more than 4.9 million people held clearances, of whom over 1.4 million were cleared for access at the “Top Secret” level....

“I write to express my concern about threats to national security resulting from the increasing number of people with eligibility for access to classified national security information, particularly Top Secret (TS) and Top Secret/Secure Compartmented Information (TS/SCI),” Clapper wrote in a three-page memo, dated Oct. 31 and cited at a Senate hearing Wednesday.

Clapper asked agencies to perform a top-to-bottom scrub of the teeming rolls of people authorized to access classified information and to remove anyone deemed not to have a so-called need to know.

No worries Mr. Clapper, Trump is on top of it.

5 million security clearances??
Being concerned with the ease of getting security clearance doesn't mean you support the President's petty, childish spiteful actions.

The President clearly stated he took the clearance away from Brennan because he didn't like the Russian investigation.

That's not a good reason...yes later Sanders quoted 'erratic' tweets as an excuse for revoking the clearance -- now isn't that ironic.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:54 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

Then that new company has to do another SF86.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies