Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 08:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
They say the same things about black people that white racist say - this is why many more racist leaning white conservatives like them and broad cast them a lot on their media outlets - they can get a black person to spread a racist view of blacks and don't have to do it themselves.

Luckily most black people recognize these sorts of people. It is easier to recognize and label a self-hating/inferiority complex having black conservative for many of us than it is to do so for the black nationalist/hotep types since the hoteps play on commonly shared prejudices (primarily of prejudice against homosexuals) and they often have a black separatist/self help sort of message that speaks to many black people. So it is much easier to dismiss the inferiority complex black conservative for many black people. But IMO we need to dismiss both them and the hotep types - both are pushing racist views of us and are not "helping" like they think they are or thinking in some new, magnificent way. They are just the same old, same old self hating negros that have always been around being a barrier to black American progress.
So true. There is a nuanced subtext/agenda that I know many (non-black) posters do not "get".

Self hatred manifests itself in many different forms in the black community. The person with self hate will don many different "disguises" to cope.

This is NOT about anyone's personal right to express their political beliefs or their individual political leanings. But I stated previously that I have a very long history very politically active Republicans (elected officials, delegates, fund raisers, etc.) in my family. There are always spirited political debates at our family functions and no one is disrespected for having opposing views and opinions. Numerous black conservatives/Republicans are family friends and acquaintances. And I can spot a "faux" black conservative quite easily.

I personally take offense when a self hating "black" person attempts to hide their self hate issues under the cloak of black conservatism. My black Republican ancestors faced election race riots in the 1870s. Some fought and won the right to be delegates at national conventions in the 40s, 50s and 60s. Others campaigned and did fund raising. I could go on. But the difference between the fake black Republicans and the real ones is that real black conservatives are "pro-black". They are pro black self reliance, black education, black business, black economics, black entrepreneurship, black family structure and black community.

I am tired of the fake black conservatives claiming that they are hated because of their political beliefs. The truth is that these people are imposters. They do NOT represent black conservatism. Ask yourselves if you can picture Colin Powell or Condoleezza calling black children thugs or bashing black women as trash.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:21 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
I have no idea where you got this idea that C-D liberals are calling black Conservatives by derogatory names or accusing them of self-hatred. Where specifically have you encountered this? And please do be specific because otherwise I'll have no choice but to dismiss your argument as trolling.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I have no idea where you got this idea that C-D liberals are calling black Conservatives by derogatory names or accusing them of self-hatred. Where specifically have you encountered this? And please do be specific because otherwise I'll have no choice but to dismiss your argument as trolling.
If you'd read the initial pages of this thread you'd have the specifics. I'm one of the posters he's accusing of this because I said he sounds like a racist for constantly bashing black people. He called a three year old who took something from a store and his mother thugs and thieves and then went after me for telling him how insane that is.

He's a crybaby. He goes after posters who don't agree with him and when we go after him, he starts a thread to whine about it.

And I'm no liberal, although that's what he keeps posting about me. Brilliant.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:30 AM

12,952 posts, read 13,663,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
He deported the last living Nazi in the US last month. He has Jewish members in his family. He's dated black women in the past. He has publicly disavowed KKK, David Duke and others like them numerous times. "B-but Charlottesville omgz" He was referring to the people who wanted to keep the statues for historical/culture reasons as "fine people". As usual the media took it out of context and made it seem like he said the folks with torches were fine people.
I guess its up to you to reconcile the two facts that a man can be so beloved by every racist right wing organization and also be a friend to African Americans. Dating a biracial model and allowing your daughter to marry a wealthy Jewish businessman is not the acid test for me.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
He deported the last living Nazi in the US last month. He has Jewish members in his family. He's dated black women in the past. He has publicly disavowed KKK, David Duke and others like them numerous times. "B-but Charlottesville omgz" He was referring to the people who wanted to keep the statues for historical/culture reasons as "fine people". As usual the media took it out of context and made it seem like he said the folks with torches were fine people.
Because that IS what he said. No one took anything out of context.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:06 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,894,530 times
My experience is that black folks are usually economic liberals. They favor a progressive income tax, programs to help the poor, health care, investment in their neighborhoods. But many are social conservatives (after all, churches are their strongest institutions) and don't like gay rights and drug decriminalization.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:03 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
Quote:
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
If a Black liberal SJW mother-in-law who pulls the slavery reparations card felt the same way, that would be a little progress.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So true. There is a nuanced subtext/agenda that I know many (non-black) posters do not "get".

Self hatred manifests itself in many different forms in the black community. The person with self hate will don many different "disguises" to cope.

This is NOT about anyone's personal right to express their political beliefs or their individual political leanings. But I stated previously that I have a very long history very politically active Republicans (elected officials, delegates, fund raisers, etc.) in my family. There are always spirited political debates at our family functions and no one is disrespected for having opposing views and opinions. Numerous black conservatives/Republicans are family friends and acquaintances. And I can spot a "faux" black conservative quite easily.

I personally take offense when a self hating "black" person attempts to hide their self hate issues under the cloak of black conservatism. My black Republican ancestors faced election race riots in the 1870s. Some fought and won the right to be delegates at national conventions in the 40s, 50s and 60s. Others campaigned and did fund raising. I could go on. But the difference between the fake black Republicans and the real ones is that real black conservatives are "pro-black". They are pro black self reliance, black education, black business, black economics, black entrepreneurship, black family structure and black community.

I am tired of the fake black conservatives claiming that they are hated because of their political beliefs. The truth is that these people are imposters. They do NOT represent black conservatism. Ask yourselves if you can picture Colin Powell or Condoleezza calling black children thugs or bashing black women as trash.
There is alot of self-hatred that takes place. This is true. There is also more to look at. Some Black "conservatives" are really just trying to curry favor in the dominant society. Some of those persons see themselves as having no use for Black people, but they know they are Black. In their mind, they think they can save themselves from things like police brutality, job discrimination, and being judged based on the very worst of the Black population by speaking ill of Black people. Some might be thinking "I want to fit in with Whites, so I will speak badly of my own race". The irony is that said persons are judging the whole White population when they do that. While some Whites want to hear a Black person speak ill of Blacks, there are many that don't, so talk about irony here.

This is my take. I believe in calling out hood rats and those within the Black population causing havoc and mayhem for Black people. Black people are affected by it. I'm not one to go down the path of demonizing the entire Black population. There are some people who want to see that happen though.

What makes this really sad is that real Black conservatives get lost and unnoticed among the faux Black conservatives. The faux Black conservatives get more attention. There are Black conservatives out there who have good ideas and that Black people could get behind and support.

When you mention your family legacy, I think about how much the Republican Party has changed, just in the last 50 years. This is something many need to understand.

I don't imagine Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice having anything bad to say about Black people.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
I'm pretty sure that liberals who are not black who dislike black conservatives dislike them for reasons that do not pertain to their skin color.

I cannot say why black people may dislike black conservatives... maybe they expect better of them?

Hell, I expect better of rural, white people, but no dice.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:12 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
The bolded isn't true. For ANYONE.

Also, I think it's Black Trumpers that confuse people, not Black Conservatives or even Black Republicans.

For the record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.