Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 11:01 AM

72,959 posts, read 62,537,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You will never sway such persons or persuade them otherwise. Instead, your objective is to point out to other people on the site of how stupid, illogical, ignorant or hateful their words are.

It's like the old Casey Stengel philosophy on managing - there will always be 5 people on the team who hate your guts - and you can't do much with them, but instead, your efforts will be to keep the 10 people who are undecided away from them.
Casey Stengel was right. Convincing 5 people who hate you to like you is futile. However, there is something else. Keeping the undecided away from those who hate you is a harder job. It's hard because the hateful will try and convince others to hate you.

This is why you have your own point. You have to expose the idiots and liars for who they are.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,685 times
This thread is more proof that cons are stupid

Why do cons hate black liberals or any person of color with liberal views?

Old 03-28-2019, 12:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,224,628 times
Wholesale "hating" large groups of people you don't even know is illogical.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:21 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
"Are they allowed to hold their race accountable?"
God damn! Did you really type that??

"I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work."
In other words you're a credit to your race?

"The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming."
What the hell is so alarming about that? Are you also alarmed by conservative intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with liberalism?

Old 03-28-2019, 12:38 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,732,678 times
I'm a liberal and I dislike all conservatives equally, of any race.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,811,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
They get upset because they believe they’re trying to help you but you’re too stupid to see it. It happens with poor whites as well, you know, how they “vote against their own interest”. Some people think they know what’s best for everyone else.

Both political sides do this...

Old 03-28-2019, 12:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,581,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Souci View Post
It was originally a REPUB Bill. ever heard of "Brown vs Board of Education" ? Read about who was president then. BTW-Jefferson Davis was a Democrat. Abe Lincoln was the FIRST repub to WIN. More Dems than Repubs voted against Civil Rights.Try looking it up. Besides,the Democrats are one sleazy party. The ones in the South wanted their slaves back. The ones in the NORTH wanted to make eunuchs out of them. A viper is a viper. And a Dem is a Dem.
I have, that's why I told you to look it up by state.

It's easy to see the vote total.

Btw, not a single southern Republican voted for it.
It was a North South divide, not a Dem/Rep divide.

In the House: (Yay/Nay)

Southern Democrats 7/87
Northern Democrats 145/9

Southern Republicans 0/10
Northern Republicans 138/24

In the Senate: (Yay/Nay)

Southern Democrats 1/20
Northern Democrats 45/1

Southern Republicans 0/1
Northern Republicans 27/5

So two things here, first; Northern Democrats voted yes in higher percentages than Northern Republicans. And two; it got no real support in the south, and the only yes votes in the south came from Democrats.

Your post fails, I win

Old 03-28-2019, 12:54 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,581,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I'm a liberal and I dislike all conservatives equally, of any race.
Same here

Old 03-28-2019, 01:16 PM

72,959 posts, read 62,537,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I have, that's why I told you to look it up by state.

It's easy to see the vote total.

Btw, not a single southern Republican voted for it.
It was a North South divide, not a Dem/Rep divide.

In the House: (Yay/Nay)

Southern Democrats 7/87
Northern Democrats 145/9

Southern Republicans 0/10
Northern Republicans 138/24

In the Senate: (Yay/Nay)

Southern Democrats 1/20
Northern Democrats 45/1

Southern Republicans 0/1
Northern Republicans 27/5

So two things here, first; Northern Democrats voted yes in higher percentages than Northern Republicans. And two; it got no real support in the south, and the only yes votes in the south came from Democrats.

Your post fails, I win
There might have been more Republicans voting for it, but that is because the North had more seats in the Senate an House than the South. North vs South was the clinching factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.