Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 10:39 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:45 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Why do evangelicals not consider Christians who vote Democrat or hold liberal political views to be real Christians?

It's tribalism. Conservatives complain and complain about identity politics when in fact they are just as much invested in it as the left is.
I’m not a Christian so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’m more alarmed with white liberals labeling all blacks as race traitors if they don’t agree with them

Old 08-16-2018, 10:52 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Your premise is based on fantasy.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:53 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
They are fearful of minorities who don't think just like they do. If even 15% of African Americans vote Republican, it's over for the democrats.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.
You got a link for any of that?

Sure, I've heard of black democrats being critical of black conservatives, but in typical City-Data conservative fashion, you're painting with a broad brush as if ALL democrats/liberals/left-leaning black people "hate" all black conservatives, which is completely false.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:57 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
OP,

You would probably consider me to be a “liberal.” I don’t hate “conservative” African Americans.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:57 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Your premise is based on fantasy.
I have a couple of black conservative friends. they would disagree with you.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:58 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Ignore race... your question really is why do liberals hate conservatives and conversely why to conservatives hate liberals.
I'd like to think that for most, on either side, it is not "pure hatred".
(I do not consider pro or anti-Trump as pro or anti conservative)

Old 08-16-2018, 11:01 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
Excellent post.

My sense is that liberals despise black conservatives for two reasons - one broad and one specific. The broad reason is that they despise anyone who isn't a liberal, period. But for blacks, it's worse - and that's because it negates (or at least makes questionable) their drumbeat that conservatives are a) all racists and b) conservative policies are hamful to blacks. How then, the reasoning goes, could a black person vote for a comservative? They refuse, of course, to acknowledge that maybe conservative policies are better for blacks (and everyone else).

Old 08-16-2018, 11:03 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:

Yeah, it's a pretty tough go for you Rocko but this will only make you stronger. I'm a bit surprised there aren't more black conservatives but glad there are at least some. Like you the easy choice would be to go with the flow and not swim upstream to get the prize, but I press on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies