Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2018, 11:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You're clearly completely wrong as usual. I'm very happy in the US, just not in the Dc Swamp crap hole.
You just don't project "happy." A very common trait amongst Trumplings these days. They're beginning to grasp that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of a fast approaching locomotive.

Quote:
Getting back to the the thread topic, let's have a parade in a real american city rather than the nasty DC swamp.
Pass that sage advice on to tRump, please.

Of course, DC was his choice. But maybe he'll listen to you. He's such a good listener.

"We'll see."

Old 08-17-2018, 11:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
It's ****e hole swamp hot and muggy in the summer, cold and gloomy in the winter and full of arrogant idiots....I worked there for awhile and would never ever consider going back.
I'm sad for you that this is all you saw from our nation's capital.

No wonder you think America isn't already great.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:36 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
What a bunch of BS. He wanted attention and praise for himself.

The American Legion came out against it. They want the troops home and better care for the veterans.

How anyone can argue that a parade the vets don't want is a good use of funds is beyond me.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
As if I didn't have enough reasons to not go to DC, the possibility of you being there gives me another reason not to go, thanks...its a piece of crap city. I have worked for the last 15+ plus years overseas and every single foreigner I meet says something disparaging about DC (wink wink) and I always have to agree with them.
I suppose all of them think Trump is a brilliant guru of a president, also.

Is your business perhaps some sort of outreach work with delusional individuals?

If so, bravo for your efforts.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
https://twitter.com/JenAshleyWright/...70881322123269

Old 08-17-2018, 11:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He genuinely looks like he's taking his last walk or something.

Honestly, it's that posture and vacant look on his face he gets at times that really leads me to suspect that he has dementia.

Good observation.

Vacant is such an apt description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tell that to the LGBT community. We have freak show parades in many cities in this country, every single year.

Just once it would have been nice to have one honoring America's heroes instead.
Well, your "freak show" comment aside, Pride Month parades are not to INSTILL pride. They are because the community already HAS pride and enjoys getting together.

However, if Trump could throw a military parade for the cost of the average pride parade in the average city, I'd sign off on it.

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well said.

Trump has fanned the flames of division in this country. Racists who had been forced to the shadows and obscure internet forums for decades are now feeling empowered to march in front of the White House, thanks to Trump.

In the end, I believe Trump will be a GOOD thing for America. When Trump loses in 2020 or is removed from office before that, America will come together stronger than ever before. After Trump, we will bounce back as a much stronger, more united America.

We'll still have two major parties manned by far too many who put party over country. What reason(s) is there to believe that will change?

Personally, I wish Trump had run as an (I), while I think he's a horrible POTUS, if he could've won as an (I) I would have voted for him as it would've given both the (D)s and the (R)s the smackdown they so richly deserve.

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The guy with no pride in America is Trump. His need to take Russian Dollars since his bankruptcies in the 80's has corrupted his mind.

WE have large parades on Memorial Day in small towns across the country. He does not know this.

We show our pride in our ability to speak freely. Trump does not believe in free speech.

I hope President Macron tells the ORANGE SPHINCTER TO GO TO H***!

Old 08-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Agreed. If only we could dedicate a day to honor our soldiers and to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, maybe in November and May, respectively.

Like, a day of veterans and a day for memorial.

Just once it would have been nice to honor America's heroes that way. Sigh.
And if cities and towns all over the country would only hold parades...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies