Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 04:00 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
OMG! Muslims are celebrating Eid!

It celebrates Abraham killing his son Isaac as an act of obedience to God’s command.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binding_of_Isaac
Muslims slaughter massive numbers of animals for this so-called "religious" holiday (a slaughter that is symbolic and nowhere commanded in the Quran). In many cities and villages, there is blood literally running in the streets. Further, they bring their children to taunt and slaughter the animals. Wish I were exaggerating, but unfortunately I am not. It is a violent and brutal holiday.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
The gathering storm.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How did the land of 10,000 frozen lakes become the choice destination for desert dwellers? Why not Arizona?
Because Ford didn’t build cars in Arizona.

What explains Michigan's large Arab American community? | Michigan Radio

Old 08-19-2018, 11:12 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How did the land of 10,000 frozen lakes become the choice destination for desert dwellers? Why not Arizona?
Most of the recent ones who arrived in MN are refugees who were dumped there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
^^^^This thread is about MN, not MI Besides, it wasn't just Arabs who went to MI to work in the auto plants, people of many ethnicities and races went there for the same reason.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:50 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
True. What percent of Christians die blowing themselves in Mosques screaming Allah Akbar? What percent of Christians create Islamic Republics with Sharia as law. What percent of Christians worldwide cut the clitoris off of little girls? Its a full 1/3rd of Muslims world wide that enjoy this practice. How many Mosques in the US will conduct a wedding between two people of the same sex? Zero but 1000s of Christian Churches will.

Some how Leftist have latched onto Islam needing protection from the evil Christians? Judging from the number of Islamic Republics, the number of Islamist Terrorist groups world wide, I would say it is the opposite.

Im an Atheist, and when I see Terrorists blowing themselves up screaming "Jesus Saves" as often as "Allah Akbar" I will hold Christians in the same light as Islamist

Valid made points here, I'm independent politically but you say a lot of what bothers me about how some members of the Left seem to want to look the other way when at least some branches of Islam and Muslim followers try to impose themselves in Western countries. The Left should supposedly be up in arms against Sharia law, honor killings and things like the burqa, openly oppressive to women and human rights and go heavily against the basic tenants of liberalism and what it's stood for. And I still feel like classic liberals who walk their walk, are consistent on this. But too many in the modern Left get hypocritically silent about Sharia and the burqa, indulging in cultural relativism and fawning over radical Islam in the West even when women and children are horribly oppressed, it's like for some on the Left, the immediate spoils of identity politics and "sticking it to the Western patriarchy" is more important than defending their own principles. Even it means making an alliance of convenience with the misogynism of radical Islam and oppression of both Muslim and non-Muslim women when Islam moves into the West. I saw women in burqas or at least heavy face veils all over in Michigan and parts of Minnesota when I was working briefly in the upper midwest. There was halal and Sharia law being used in some of those areas with big Muslim populations, and women forbidden to work or get an education in American neighborhoods just like in Saudi Arabia, yet too many on the Left, including feminists were silent despite the clear oppression.

What gets me most is obvious outrageous cases like the mass molestations and rapes across England of little girls in places like Rotherham, Oxford, Derby, now London and Manchester too by the fast growing Muslim immigrant populations there. And not just working-class schoolgirls that too many bourgeois feminists seem content to ignore, many middle-class and upper-class too. This is the most horrible anti-liberal practice you could imagine, and a lot of it comes from the misogynistic culture of some-- not all, but certainly a big percent of Muslim immigrants in those parts of England, so you'd think the feminists and the Left in general would be up in arms against the UK government for importing so many people from a hostile, misogynistic culture. But instead, the silence of the feminists and Left in general on this is hypocritical beyond belief.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...acist-now.html
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-report-finds

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/...am-ian-tuttle/
https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._comments.html

Newspapers on both the Left and Right admitted what happened, there was a PC culture in British government and political correctness in this case meant that police and authorities were encouraged to sweep the mass rapes of the English girls by the Muslim community under the rug. The same with the rapes of girls by some of the refugee communities, against usually Muslim, in US states like Minnesota or in Canada or Australia. And yet the feminist magazines, blogs and websites rarely even mention the suffering these girls had to endure. Like those articles said, the big Leftist feminist magazines like Ms., the blogs like feministing and Jezebel, the media prominent feminists like Jessica Valente, Minnie Driver, Natalie Portman, Barbara Kingsilver, Emily Linden-- they'll scream loud about metoo and micro-aggressions against rich women in the media, yet mass rapes of little girls by Muslims completely fail to get their attention. Instaed the feminists were whining about "Islamophobia" when popular anger came up after the news of the mass rapes, and the cover-ups by the British police for sake of PC became widely known.

It's like the Western feminists see women and even schoolgirls in those British cites, and a bunch of US, Canadian and Australian towns where this is happening as acceptable collateral damage, if it means joining support with an oppressive force, like radical Islam that's an enemy of the West. A lot of these 3rd wave feminists, they hate the West so much they're willing to offer up innocent women and girls as sacrifices to a true misogynistic religion and culture. with no appreciation of the relative freedom they enjoy thanks to Western culture. My sister used to be a feminist but left the community when those 100's of thousands of cases of young girls in England and the US being raped by Muslim immigrants came out, while feminists stayed silent. How are we supposed to take them seriously when they betray their own principles?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:29 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Great response. One need only look at Europe today and see the damage caused by the invasion from just a couple of years.

That's the reason Europe is kicking them all out, except for Britain at least. Merkel got so humiliated in the last election and no-government, now a guy named Seehoffer is the real power in Germany, he immediately cut off all welfare to the Syrians and Afghans and dumped thousands on deporting flights, the rest got the message and are leaving on their own. Salvini is kicking out all the invaders in Italy. The Dutch parties in fear of Wilders', have taken on his policies and making the Muslims leave. Macron saw writing on wall and is kicking out the Muslim imams and their families in France. Even the Swedes and Finns were forced to wake up and deport 200,000 Muslims, now Spain is waking up to reality as their dumb open borders president is clawed out of power while a real Spanish government kicks out the Muslims. Weird that Britain and Canada are going in the opposite direction with some towns now majority Muslim, and who knows about USA after Trump.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Most of the recent ones who arrived in MN are refugees who were dumped there.
Yes, they were placed there. Because there were local nonprofits who were willing to help them become Americans. https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/...s-locate-here/

In other words, a supposed proclivity for sand had and has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This thread is about MN, not MI Besides, it wasn't just Arabs who went to MI to work in the auto plants, people of many ethnicities and races went there for the same reason.
You're right about this thread not being about MI, my mistake. And yes, lots of people moved to MI to work in the auto factories. Including a lot of Arabs. And once they were there, that in itself becomes a reason for newer immigrants to move there. Just as my Swedish grandparents wound up in Iowa, and my German great-grandparents wound up in Missouri.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
Valid made points here, I'm independent politically but you say a lot of what bothers me about how some members of the Left seem to want to look the other way when at least some branches of Islam and Muslim followers try to impose themselves in Western countries. The Left should supposedly be up in arms against Sharia law, honor killings and things like the burqa, openly oppressive to women and human rights and go heavily against the basic tenants of liberalism and what it's stood for. And I still feel like classic liberals who walk their walk, are consistent on this. But too many in the modern Left get hypocritically silent about Sharia and the burqa, indulging in cultural relativism and fawning over radical Islam in the West even when women and children are horribly oppressed, it's like for some on the Left, the immediate spoils of identity politics and "sticking it to the Western patriarchy" is more important than defending their own principles. Even it means making an alliance of convenience with the misogynism of radical Islam and oppression of both Muslim and non-Muslim women when Islam moves into the West. I saw women in burqas or at least heavy face veils all over in Michigan and parts of Minnesota when I was working briefly in the upper midwest. There was halal and Sharia law being used in some of those areas with big Muslim populations, and women forbidden to work or get an education in American neighborhoods just like in Saudi Arabia, yet too many on the Left, including feminists were silent despite the clear oppression.

What gets me most is obvious outrageous cases like the mass molestations and rapes across England of little girls in places like Rotherham, Oxford, Derby, now London and Manchester too by the fast growing Muslim immigrant populations there. And not just working-class schoolgirls that too many bourgeois feminists seem content to ignore, many middle-class and upper-class too. This is the most horrible anti-liberal practice you could imagine, and a lot of it comes from the misogynistic culture of some-- not all, but certainly a big percent of Muslim immigrants in those parts of England, so you'd think the feminists and the Left in general would be up in arms against the UK government for importing so many people from a hostile, misogynistic culture. But instead, the silence of the feminists and Left in general on this is hypocritical beyond belief.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...acist-now.html
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-report-finds

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/...am-ian-tuttle/
https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._comments.html

Newspapers on both the Left and Right admitted what happened, there was a PC culture in British government and political correctness in this case meant that police and authorities were encouraged to sweep the mass rapes of the English girls by the Muslim community under the rug. The same with the rapes of girls by some of the refugee communities, against usually Muslim, in US states like Minnesota or in Canada or Australia. And yet the feminist magazines, blogs and websites rarely even mention the suffering these girls had to endure. Like those articles said, the big Leftist feminist magazines like Ms., the blogs like feministing and Jezebel, the media prominent feminists like Jessica Valente, Minnie Driver, Natalie Portman, Barbara Kingsilver, Emily Linden-- they'll scream loud about metoo and micro-aggressions against rich women in the media, yet mass rapes of little girls by Muslims completely fail to get their attention. Instaed the feminists were whining about "Islamophobia" when popular anger came up after the news of the mass rapes, and the cover-ups by the British police for sake of PC became widely known.

It's like the Western feminists see women and even schoolgirls in those British cites, and a bunch of US, Canadian and Australian towns where this is happening as acceptable collateral damage, if it means joining support with an oppressive force, like radical Islam that's an enemy of the West. A lot of these 3rd wave feminists, they hate the West so much they're willing to offer up innocent women and girls as sacrifices to a true misogynistic religion and culture. with no appreciation of the relative freedom they enjoy thanks to Western culture. My sister used to be a feminist but left the community when those 100's of thousands of cases of young girls in England and the US being raped by Muslim immigrants came out, while feminists stayed silent. How are we supposed to take them seriously when they betray their own principles?
My comment is more of the hypocrisy of the Christians who defend abortion bombings and abortion doctor killings on the Christian side (which was as constant in the 1990's as actual "Islamic terror" has been in America during the post 9/11 era if you look at the numbers.) To me, it is the same and I grew up Catholic but am a non-practicing one. It is intellectually dishonest to whitewash what atrocities Christians do in the name of God, just as Islamic terrorists do for Allah "screaming 'Allah Akbar!'" (Taken from the quoted post.)

Old 08-20-2018, 07:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Thats what happens when your Ideology is held accountable. If only a small percentage of muslims world wide employed Female genital mutilation it may be ignorable(its a full 1/3). If only 10% of Terrorist groups in the world were Muslim instead of 90% it would be ignorable. But the fact remains that most every suicide bomber there is screams "Allah Akbar" not "Hari Krishna", not " Satan's cool", and not "Jesus Saves". So what can I deduce from all of this? Its Donald Trumps fault

People who follow a religion don't like to be held responsible for what "a minority" in their midst do, who are motivated by this ideology.

Do we have that double standard for Nazis? After all, only a minority of Nazis actually did the killings. What about when we criticize "Republicans" or "Democrats" for the actions of members of their party? Do we not agree that political parties have platforms (JUST LIKE RELIGIONS DO!!!) and that if you buy into a platform, you sort of buy what happens when your platform is adopted in a society?

I think more and more people have to start coming out and admitting that they think Islam is ****. Don't be afraid anymore. There are millions of us who think the same way, and they only have power over us because we fear THEIR VIOLENCE when we criticize their **** religion.

But, they can't slaughter us all, right?

Old 08-20-2018, 07:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
My comment is more of the hypocrisy of the Christians who defend abortion bombings and abortion doctor killings on the Christian side (which was as constant in the 1990's as actual "Islamic terror" has been in America during the post 9/11 era if you look at the numbers.) To me, it is the same and I grew up Catholic but am a non-practicing one. It is intellectually dishonest to whitewash what atrocities Christians do in the name of God, just as Islamic terrorists do for Allah "screaming 'Allah Akbar!'" (Taken from the quoted post.)

Nobody defends abortion doctor killings (which by the way, are outnumbered 1:100000000 jihadi attacks in the past century alone.

Nobody makes excuses (or pulls punches) for Catholic priests.

If you want to start separate threads deriding Christians, abortion doctor killers, etc., then go for it. This is America and you are free to do so.

But be careful of the vipers your "standing up to hypocricy" for. There is zero added-value to Islam being present in a society. Absolutely zero. The revealed religion of a pedophile warlord brings no new moral insight into a society. Especially when said religion is such a blatant rip-off of about half a dozen other pre-existing middle eastern fairy tales that pre-date it by hundreds-thousands-of years.

Stop shilling for the feelings of people whose holy book would sit comfortably on the same shelf as Mein Kampf. Enough with you regressive leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies