Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yes, and? With the understanding that the Bible is also fairy tales, consider the following:

You realize that Mohammed's religion was one of opposite evolution to Christianity, right?

Christianity represents an evolution from mean-god-rhetoric, to the hippie-Jesus "love one another" message.

Islam started out as a hippie cult, but then evolved into the mean-god-model. Mohammed had few followers when he was a hippie. When he became a warlord, he gained followers and converts (voluntary and non).

There is nothing a terrorist or ISIS does that is "un-Mohammed-like." ISIS does the same thing Mohammed did in his lifetime. Peaceful Muslims are NOT emulating their prophet. Muslims who don't enjoy sex with 9 year olds are being un-Mohammed-like.

Conversely, a terrorist killing in Jesus' name is absolutely acting against Jesus and NOT being Christ-like.

[Sidenote: If Christianity throughout the ages DIDN'T ignore Christ's ultimate teachings (turn the other cheek, love-thy-enemy, etc.).... it would have been supplanted in Europe hundreds of years ago by Islam, which has spent 1400 years trying to conquer Europe, with various periods of success. That's why the current Pope is a failure as defender of the faith.]
No, I don't see Islam as a religion of opposite evolution to Christianity. I see Islam as one of the three Abrahamic religions. I think each of the three followed a different path, but adhered to the principles laid down by Abraham. I think when followers of any of the three faiths engages in violence, they are perverting the teachings of the religions. Peaceful Muslims are following their religion. Islam doesn't teach pedophilia, and the suggesting that it does is a perversion. Lifestyles during Abraham's time in history was very different than lifestyles today. And the original teachings of Abraham reflect a more bronze-age lifestyle. Judaism and Christianity and Islam have all evolved to reflect the political and social realities that these faiths have had to deal with. I do agree that Islam is more regressive than the other two, but I think that says more about the Middle East compared to Europe than it does about the actual edicts of Islam. I also think it says a lot about what happens when the church and the state are closely intertwined. Bad things happen. Whether that church is Christian or Islam, history has shown us that theocracies of any kind are suppressive, and that theocratic societies tend to become stagnant, socially and economically. I believe that that stagnation leads to frustration that leads to people perverting their religion to violence. They live in societies where everything is decided by religion. Then every decision must be justified by religion. Especially decisions that are violent and non-conformist. The trick is to focus the violence on non-practitioners of the faith, to justify the violence as defense of the faith. Even the Conquistadors used that line of thought.

We don't live in a theocratic society. We live in a secular society. And our Constitution is a bulwark against religion dictating policy. It influences policy, though. Which is why it is necessary to have freedom of religion guaranteed by the Constitution.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
...except the liberal leftist types in American and Europe don't usually rush to the defense of the Catholics or their slimy church the way you feel you need to serve as human shields for Islam and Muslims.

With the amount of servicing you people do for that horrid religion, I'm going to start buying the lot of you knee pads. Maybe I can buy some used ones from the Catholics.

This may come as a shock to you but I haven't served as a human shield for Islam or Muslims, the Constitution has served as a statutory one.

Which still has nothing to do with the fact that the RC church's hierarchy has protected more pedophiles in this country than any Islamic hierarchy has been proven to do. It's a shame people feel compelled to create stories while ignoring the facts.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
...except the liberal leftist types in American and Europe don't usually rush to the defense of the Catholics or their slimy church the way you feel you need to serve as human shields for Islam and Muslims.

With the amount of servicing you people do for that horrid religion, I'm going to start buying the lot of you knee pads. Maybe I can buy some used ones from the Catholics.
This liberal leftist type is rushing to the defense of a principle, freedom of religion. I don't need knee pads to do that. I simply believe that society is best served by freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press. And that those principles must be continually defended from those who would chip away at them, out of misplaced fear.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:47 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
I don't really like the way this thread is presented. For one, these people are not sneaking in to the stadium, they are being open about their intentions here. They also aren't doing anything illegal. On the subject of the relationship between Islam and the West is concerned in general though, I will say this. Any nation that seeks to become increasingly progressive and increasingly Islamic at the same time is at odds with itself, to put it politely. Islam is the scourge of any nation that values liberty.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:04 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This is the reality no one will admit.

They don't really have principles if they would turn a blind eye to young girls being raped and trafficked. They have to be blinded by hate.

Couldn't have said better, becomes more and more evident to us independents that a lot on the Left don't care about the principles they spout, and feminists could care less about protecting girls and women suffering real abuse and violence, esp. if the perpetration is done by Muslims or other "PC" perpetrators. What they really care about is power and just burning down the West. Sorry, but they're gonna have a hard time convincing those of us on the fence of the moral rightness they constantly claim for themselves when they're such open hypocrites

Old 08-20-2018, 11:56 AM

22,454 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
This may come as a shock to you but I haven't served as a human shield for Islam or Muslims, the Constitution has served as a statutory one.

Which still has nothing to do with the fact that the RC church's hierarchy has protected more pedophiles in this country than any Islamic hierarchy has been proven to do. It's a shame people feel compelled to create stories while ignoring the facts.
The "Islamic hierarchy" endorses grown men marrying young girls, even pre-teens. So, basically, they encourage child abuse and pedophilia. They then bring their sick customs to the first world. Some years back, 2 Iraqis who were in their late 20s and living in the mid-west both married pre-teen girls. Both men were arrested.

How you can defend a religion that encourages such behavior is beyond the pale.

Do you also defend the practice where men, during the summer, are dressed in shorts and T-shirts while walking behind them is their wife who is covered from head-to-toe? This is the same religion that allows for honor killings if men think their wives and daughters are disobedient. Do you defend that, too? This is another sick custom they have brought to first world countries. When they are arrested and charged with murder, they have no remorse.

Do you also think that the above is nothing more than "stories"? If so, then you are either being naive or willfully ignorant.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The "Islamic hierarchy" endorses grown men marrying young girls, even pre-teens. So, basically, they encourage child abuse and pedophilia. They then bring their sick customs to the first world. Some years back, 2 Iraqis who were in their late 20s and living in the mid-west both married pre-teen girls. Both men were arrested.

How you can defend a religion that encourages such behavior is beyond the pale.

Do you also defend the practice where men, during the summer, are dressed in shorts and T-shirts while walking behind them is their wife who is covered from head-to-toe? This is the same religion that allows for honor killings if men think their wives and daughters are disobedient. Do you defend that, too? This is another sick custom they have brought to first world countries. When they are arrested and charged with murder, they have no remorse.

Do you also think that the above is nothing more than "stories"? If so, then you are either being naive or willfully ignorant.
This would relate to Islam being more regressive, in part because Islam is so often empowered in theocracies. It is still culture that you are criticizing, not the actual tenets of Islam.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:33 PM

31,012 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Sadly, you're seeing mindless Islamophobia at work here.
Islamaphobe here Considering, just about every western country has been majority Christian, and every middle eastern S-hole is Islamic we can see there is no equivalence. Guess you would have no problem moving to Saudi, Iran, or Pakistan considering Islam and Christianity are equivalent

Old 08-20-2018, 12:39 PM

31,012 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This would relate to Islam being more regressive, in part because Islam is so often empowered in theocracies. It is still culture that you are criticizing, not the actual tenets of Islam.
Tenants of Islam? Where the Ideal man, Mohammad was Self Admitted Murdering Slaving Pediphile? As an Athiest I would take Jesus, a very Liberal man, if he really even existed

Old 08-20-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Tenants of Islam? Where the Ideal man, Mohammad was Self Admitted Murdering Slaving Pediphile? As an Athiest I would take Jesus, a very Liberal man, if he really even existed
Tenants?????

Once again, a religion has tenets that define it. The tenets of Islam don't espouse murder, slavery or pedophilia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies