Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 05:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

#3...just like the previous 43 tyrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 05:05 PM

639 posts, read 248,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'll try four basic categories, and I think almost all of us will fit in one of the four, but feel free to elaborate, if you've evolved from one category to another.

And let's try to refrain from multiple postings here, and from cluttering up the thread with insults. Obviously, we cover the whole range.

Which best describes your stance?

1. Strong, loyal Trump supporter - He's a good man and a good president.

2. Lukewarm Trump supporter - Some things bother me, but overall I like his policies.

3. Staunch, fervent Trump critic - He's an awful man and an awful president.

4. Casual Trump critic - Some things do upset me about Trump, but I don't get too worked up about it.

So I'll start. I'm #3, strongly anti-Trump. The awfulness was clear to me even before the election, and it's turning out worse than I ever would have imagined.

How about you?

#1. Have been there from the start.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Okay, if you say so. To me, if you say, "The best candidate won election for President and is doing an outstanding job" - that sounds to me like #1.
I can see how you might be confused but # 1 didn't have any room for criticism and #4 did. So its a more complete answer.
Very detailed compared to #1.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:30 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
2 & 1/2.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Then, excuse me, but didn't you pick the wrong number? It sounds like you're #1, not #4.

Excuse me, but did you note that I specifically requested that you NOT post insults, and that you try to refrain from multiple posts?
You don't get to dictate what others post or how often they post. I find it hilarious that you would demaned "no insults" while almost every one of your threads is filled with insults. I don't agree with what that poster said, but unless a moderator says he/she can't do it, then he/she can, despite how you think this forum should be run.

As for my choice, I'm between 1 and 2.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:43 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
LOL, it cultists like you who suffer from some "syndrome". I just think he's a lousy person and by extension a lousy president.
The interesting thing is that those two do not definitively corrolate.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:46 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You don't get to dictate what others post or how often they post. I find it hilarious that you would demaned "no insults" while almost every one of your threads is filled with insults. I don't agree with what that poster said, but unless a moderator says he/she can't do it, then he/she can, despite how you think this forum should be run.

As for my choice, I'm between 1 and 2.
I'm not "dictating" - I'm making a plea for civil, adult behavior, with a wish to stay on-topic, because this thread hopes to elicit people on both sides, without their feeling set-upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I can see how you might be confused but # 1 didn't have any room for criticism and #4 did. So its a more complete answer. Very detailed compared to #1.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Any of the four can include criticism, but 1 & 2 are basically pro-Trump, and 3 & 4 are basically anti-Trump.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:52 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
0, he totally different from the normal politican and that pissing the others off

Old 08-18-2018, 10:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
I'll try four basic categories, and I think almost all of us will fit in one of the four, but feel free to elaborate, if you've evolved from one category to another.

And let's try to refrain from multiple postings here, and from cluttering up the thread with insults. Obviously, we cover the whole range.

Which best describes your stance?

1. Strong, loyal Trump supporter - He's a good man and a good president.

2. Lukewarm Trump supporter - Some things bother me, but overall I like his policies.

3. Staunch, fervent Trump critic - He's an awful man and an awful president.

4. Casual Trump critic - Some things do upset me about Trump, but I don't get too worked up about it.

So I'll start. I'm #3, strongly anti-Trump. The awfulness was clear to me even before the election, and it's turning out worse than I ever would have imagined.

How about you?
How about we discuss policy?

Negatives-
He got involved in other nations civil wars when he said he wouldn't.
He okayed increased spending when he said he wouldn't

Positives -
He has opened up talks with N Korea and Russia

Old 08-18-2018, 11:15 PM

21,473 posts, read 10,572,809 times
I’m between 2 and 4. I’m definitely lukewarm, but like the effects of his overall policies. I also hate the tweeting and the rallies, but I don’t get too worked up about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies