Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:04 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Trump doesn't read (he has said so himself) so Trump is Clueless about so many things.
It would be great, if he spent at least half the time he usually spends on Twitter trying to educate himself on certain things.
Way too late for that. He is what he is (a moron).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 09:06 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I mean, how could he possibly do his job without that knowledge of something that hasn’t been a major news item for at least 40 years?

"Here at home, the war has not ended for many of the 2.8 million servicemen and women who went to Vietnam. These ailing veterans are convinced that their cancers and nervous disorders and skin diseases — not to mention congenital maladies afflicting some of their children — are a result of their contact with Agent Orange"

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/12/u...-veterans.html

rick weidman's top concern in addressing trump on behalf of the VVA was agent orange. trump claimed ( according to the article ) “That’s taken care of,” ..... then proceeded to show that he had no clue what agent orange is. i doubt weidman believes that trump has "taken care" of a problem he doesn't understand nor has taken the time to learn about.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you believe this because of a pundit from the Daily Beast?

Don't you think that if Trump had really abandoned Veterans as claimed, we might have heard more about it?

You guys live in a dream world. Veterans are behind Trump because they saw what they got from the Democrats and establishment Republicans. Unnecessary wars of choice and mistreatment at the hands of the VA.

This vet is not behind Trump one little bit.

Neither is this vet's dad, also a vet (of the very war that Trump got his worthless self deferred from).

Nor are many of my old Army buddies behind him.

Next time, you might actually want to *ask* a vet. You fail.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:14 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Way too late for that. He is what he is (a moron).
Interesting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGuJlTVXfw

Old 08-19-2018, 06:32 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
My dad was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam. He'd probably be more than happy to explain it to Trump.

However, Trump probably wouldn't enjoy that exchange one little bit......
So was my uncle who served two tours in Vietnam. A decorated Marine who saved the lives of others during his tenure, my uncle paid for his participation in that war for the rest of his life.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:35 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illbeback2 View Post
Trump needs to spend less time on Twitter and more time on Wikipedia.
Thats like believing snopes.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:10 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
He's clueless about most everything and his followers either:

1. Know he is and like it that way because it means more money or some other reward for them.
or
2. Are "know nothings" just like he is and love the fact that an idiot can be their representative.

there isn't much ground in between those two.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:13 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This vet is not behind Trump one little bit.

Neither is this vet's dad, also a vet (of the very war that Trump got his worthless self deferred from).

Nor are many of my old Army buddies behind him.

Next time, you might actually want to *ask* a vet. You fail.
Most of my "agent orange" friends are dead...some very early. A few survive but not in good shape (docs say due to exposure)....

I agree that most are not likely to like the Orange One. We have such a short institutional memory. "The Vets" are used just like "The Kids" to gain political advantage whilst neither are really thought of in terms of the amount of change (and money) needed to truly tackle our home front problems.

I'll bet if you asked Trump how many vets commit suicide per week he wouldn't know that either. He's too busy making sure he doesn't utter the bad word (McCain) while signing a bill named after the dude.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:26 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Morons
Are
Governing
America

Old 08-19-2018, 09:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Thats like believing snopes.
For a president who get his news from Fox & Friends, Wikipedia would be a step up in knowledge.

But unfortunately he would have to read it, so scratch that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies