Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 09:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh, let’s impeach him now because he didn’t know the difference between Agent Orange and napalm. I mean, how could he possibly do his job without that knowledge of something that hasn’t been a major news item for at least 40 years?
It is true -- Agent Orange vs. napalm not a big current topic he should know about.

But - if the story is accurate (and it seems to be the WH isn't denying it are they?) it demonstrates something about Trump's character.

He will argue about something he knows nothing about, and is clearly ignorant of -- it doesn't matter -- he has no interest in facts, truth, what is right -- as long as he thinks he is right.

That is a concern.

He doesn't listen, learn and know when to admit he is wrong or doesn't know something

That is a concern.

Maybe that doesn't matter to you.

You don't care as long as he is a Republican President.

Maybe that is all that counts.

For me -- I like my President to not only be a well read individual but one that is able to concede when he doesn't know something and listen when folks try to tell him the facts.

Again -- we don't know for sure the full details and how accurate the story is. The quote cited does seem to suggest Trump was 'confused' (direct from the quote). This is consistent with other times Trump has tweeted or said something and it is obvious he is 'confused' about an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 10:11 AM

38,615 posts, read 26,270,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I have a high school friend dead & buried due to Agent Orange, I don't think penicillin would've had the same effect. The really sad thing is he had a son who was afflicted with a number of medical issues, attributed to his father's Agent Orange exposure by many doctors, who committed suicide at 30 because he could no longer cope. I only wish penicillin could've cured their ills and that we had a POTUS with some respect for those who paid the ultimate price in service to their country.

"At least 293 veterans died while on these wait-lists a problem confirmed to be systematic at VA facilities nationwide. Yet in spite of this travesty the VA distributed over $140 million in bonuses in 2014."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ns-under-obama

The Obama administration seems set on misleading the public about the number of people held accountable for the wait-time scandal at the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA Secretary Robert McDonald has twice received Four Pinocchio rulings for claims about how many people his agency fired or proposed disciplinary action against.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a0ebdde91ff4

Veterans are waiting longer to see doctors than they were two years ago, and more are languishing with extreme waiting times. According to the agency’s most recent data, 526,000 veterans are waiting more than a month for care. And about 88,000 of them are waiting more than three months.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/u...alth-care.html

WAIT!!!

Trump doesn't know what agent orange is?

Old 08-19-2018, 10:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"At least 293 veterans died while on these wait-lists a problem confirmed to be systematic at VA facilities nationwide. Yet in spite of this travesty the VA distributed over $140 million in bonuses in 2014."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ns-under-obama

The Obama administration seems set on misleading the public about the number of people held accountable for the wait-time scandal at the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA Secretary Robert McDonald has twice received Four Pinocchio rulings for claims about how many people his agency fired or proposed disciplinary action against.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a0ebdde91ff4

Veterans are waiting longer to see doctors than they were two years ago, and more are languishing with extreme waiting times. According to the agency’s most recent data, 526,000 veterans are waiting more than a month for care. And about 88,000 of them are waiting more than three months.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/u...alth-care.html

WAIT!!!

Trump doesn't know what agent orange is?
It is less about what he doesn't know but what he pretends to know that is the issue.

And can you imagine Trump getting confused about Agent Orange/Napalm and having that discussion when he should be addressing the needs of vets.

I can't.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:34 AM

38,615 posts, read 26,270,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is less about what he doesn't know but what he pretends to know that is the issue.

And can you imagine Trump getting confused about Agent Orange/Napalm and having that discussion when he should be addressing the needs of vets.

I can't.

Trump, according to the hit piece(may or may not be true), doesn't know what agent orange is.

Obama didn't know thousands of veterans were dying because of fake VA wait lists.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't even want to go down this road.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:46 AM

28,599 posts, read 18,634,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This vet is not behind Trump one little bit.

Neither is this vet's dad, also a vet (of the very war that Trump got his worthless self deferred from).

Nor are many of my old Army buddies behind him.

Next time, you might actually want to *ask* a vet. You fail.
A number of my old military colleagues were still behind Trump until his Helsinki love-fest with Putin. Now, these old Cold Warriors are admitting Trump went too far.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:48 AM

28,599 posts, read 18,634,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Trump, according to the hit piece(may or may not be true), doesn't know what agent orange is.

Obama didn't know thousands of veterans were dying because of fake VA wait lists.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't even want to go down this road.
Nobody knows everything, but a wise man pays attention to new information.

Obama did not argue the point once it was made known to him.

Trump believes he knows everything, and if there is anything he doesn't know, it doesn't matter.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:03 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh, let’s impeach him now because he didn’t know the difference between Agent Orange and napalm. I mean, how could he possibly do his job without that knowledge of something that hasn’t been a major news item for at least 40 years?

Considering he's of the Vietnam generation and claims to be a "stable genius", wouldn't any rational person reasonably expect him to have at least a rudimentary knowledge of that asinine war that affected so many of his generation? Or is it just another case of a spoiled little brat caring about no one but himself?

Old 08-19-2018, 11:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,603,180 times
It would be impossible for anyone who lived through that era not to know what Agent Orange is or what it does. If you claim ignorance from the Vietnam Era, surely you couldn't have missed it for decades afterwards as the people got sick and died. It was in the news thousands of times.

Like his 3rd grade vocab, it's just another indication that he has no idea what is going on in the world.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:10 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,603,180 times
Apocalypse Now, IMHO, was one of the worst movies of all time.....

Now, we can talk about Full Metal Jacket....or, better yet, the 100's of memoirs now available on Amazon written by real vets. Lots of good information out there - including the Ken Burns doc.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:14 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you believe this because of a pundit from the Daily Beast?

Don't you think that if Trump had really abandoned Veterans as claimed, we might have heard more about it?

You guys live in a dream world. Veterans are behind Trump because they saw what they got from the Democrats and establishment Republicans. Unnecessary wars of choice and mistreatment at the hands of the VA.

And now they are disrespected by idiotic pundits and the leftists who believe them without question.

Here's a nice little article on how your little snowflake's "Best People" are handling the results of our use of Agent Orange in Vietnam: https://psmag.com/news/key-veterans-...f-agent-orange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies