Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 11:18 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is true -- Agent Orange vs. napalm not a big current topic he should know about.
Why not? Shouldn't he have known what was going on in Vietnam considering it was no doubt one ofthe biggest events involving America in his lifetime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 11:22 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Trump, according to the hit piece(may or may not be true), doesn't know what agent orange is.

Obama didn't know thousands of veterans were dying because of fake VA wait lists.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't even want to go down this road.

How about we go down the road of just WHAT has Trump done to correct Obama's alleged mistakes? Besides obsessively undoing anything with Obama's name on it?

Old 08-19-2018, 11:43 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nobody knows everything, but a wise man pays attention to new information.

Obama did not argue the point once it was made known to him.

Trump believes he knows everything, and if there is anything he doesn't know, it doesn't matter.
Once Obama found out, he solved the problem in 2009, 2013, 2914 and again in 2016.

PHOENIX — President Obama met with veterans groups etc Friday at Phoenix's scandal-plagued VA hospital for a status report on reforms.
2015 - Reports of fraud and shredding of claims at VA regional offices also call into question methods used to reduce the backlog. While the Obama Administration and the VA have been touting the recent reduction in the disability backlog, they failed to accomplish their goal of eliminating the backlog.

Two years after the VA wait list scandal, wait times for health care for many veterans have actually gotten worse.

2014 - "When I hear allegations of misconduct, any misconduct -- whether its allegations of VA staff covering up long wait times, or cooking the books - I will not stand for it. Not as commander in chief but also not as an American. None of us should," the president said. "If these allegations prove to be true it is dishonorable, it is disgraceful, and I will not tolerate it, period."

From 2009 to 2013, the backlog of veteran disability claims doubled.

Of course Hillary said the problems at the VA were cherry picked by repubs to make things look bad.

So to the vets who abandoned trump might want to rethink their position

Old 08-19-2018, 11:45 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
The difference it makes is that members of his constituency--veterans that he claims he cares about--were trying to give him information about the very current and real issue of the aftermath of the use of Agent Orange by the US Army.

It makes a difference now because men are suffering now. That's what this group was trying to talk about.

Instead, he wandered away talking about a movie. Instead of taking in information of a subject he had little knowledge so as to render a cogent decision as president, he instead argued about the movie.

And because Trump thinks these people don't like a movie that he liked, he won't have any further discussion with them about Agent Orange sufferers.
How do you know that? I didn’t get any of that from the article.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:47 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Here's a nice little article on how your little snowflake's "Best People" are handling the results of our use of Agent Orange in Vietnam: https://psmag.com/news/key-veterans-...f-agent-orange

from the article:

"Rick Weidman, legislative director for Vietnam Veterans of America, said he met with VA Secretary David Shulkin last week and told him, among other things, that Sampsel and others in the Veterans Benefits Administration need to be replaced. "Where they are now is doing active evil," Weidman said. He added that he doesn't expect Sampsel and other VA employees to necessarily be advocates "but we do expect them to be neutral and honest arbiters of science—and they are not."

this is two months after trump reportedly told weidman that the problem was "taken care of".

Old 08-19-2018, 11:58 AM

28,662 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Once Obama found out, he solved the problem in 2009, 2013, 2914 and again in 2016.

PHOENIX — President Obama met with veterans groups etc Friday at Phoenix's scandal-plagued VA hospital for a status report on reforms.
2015 - Reports of fraud and shredding of claims at VA regional offices also call into question methods used to reduce the backlog. While the Obama Administration and the VA have been touting the recent reduction in the disability backlog, they failed to accomplish their goal of eliminating the backlog.

Two years after the VA wait list scandal, wait times for health care for many veterans have actually gotten worse.

2014 - "When I hear allegations of misconduct, any misconduct -- whether its allegations of VA staff covering up long wait times, or cooking the books - I will not stand for it. Not as commander in chief but also not as an American. None of us should," the president said. "If these allegations prove to be true it is dishonorable, it is disgraceful, and I will not tolerate it, period."

From 2009 to 2013, the backlog of veteran disability claims doubled.

Of course Hillary said the problems at the VA were cherry picked by repubs to make things look bad.

So to the vets who abandoned trump might want to rethink their position
The wait times themselves are actually up to Congress to resolve.

The problem stems from the fact that Congress insists every state gets overall population portionality of VA hospital funds, despite the fact that they don't have proportionality in actual VA case loads.

If you are a veteran in Florida or Arizona, you face long wait times. If you are a veteran in Maine, you walk right in.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:02 PM

4,027 posts, read 2,712,143 times
Quote:
Considering he's of the Vietnam generation and claims to be a "stable genius", wouldn't any rational person reasonably expect him to have at least a rudimentary knowledge of that asinine war that affected so many of his generation? Or is it just another case of a spoiled little brat caring about no one but himself?
This. It's not like Agent Orange has been this deep, dark, secret that only recently came to light. I remember when I was little (I want to say less than 10 years old), I was watching something with my dad (I'm not sure if it might have been vets talking to a Senate committee or what, to be honest) where the vets were talking about the affect Agent Orange had on them and their children. I remember one vet in particular yelling about how his kid had so many problems that his wife was afraid to try and have any more children.

Now consider this--if I was less than 10 years old when I saw this, then this was gaining attention back in the *1970's*. If I was aware of Agent Orange as a small child, then Trump--who is of the same generation as my dad--has little excuse to not know what it was.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
A number of my old military colleagues were still behind Trump until his Helsinki love-fest with Putin. Now, these old Cold Warriors are admitting Trump went too far.

Count me in with the vets who oppose tRump and recognize him for the BS artist and gutterscum he is.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:27 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The ultimate failing of his presidency. A complete amateur who has no desire to learn on the job, or defer to those who are more experienced than he.
Trump shows more enthusiasm for each issue than any President before him.
Obama is the guy that always looked bored and tired.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Here's a nice little article on how your little snowflake's "Best People" are handling the results of our use of Agent Orange in Vietnam: https://psmag.com/news/key-veterans-...f-agent-orange
No surprise here at all.

We veterans are little people. We don't make big campaign contributions or head up corporate interests that can buy senators.

No one should expect a BSing coward like tRump to give a flip about veterans issues or to hire anyone who does. Downplaying agent orange and now trying to privatize the VA makes it more than clear where tRump and his cronies stand.

For: fat cats. Against: vets.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies