Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 11:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,464,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Cardinal speaks out.

"I believe that there needs to be an open recognition that we have a very grave problem of a homosexual culture in the Church,” Burke said in an interview Thursday, “especially among the clergy and the hierarchy, that needs to be addressed honestly and efficaciously.”

The former head of the church’s equivalent of the Supreme Court claimed that "after the studies following the 2002 sexual abuse crisis that most of the acts of abuse were, in fact, homosexual acts committed with adolescent young men."

https://neonnettle.com/news/4816-car...-abuse-scandal
Think he misses the point. Those clergy who engaged in sexual acts with minors were predators of vulnerable kids and pedophiles.

Gay men are no more as likely as straight men to engage in sexual acts with minors. What’s different is the sex of the minor.

Clergy has never had easy and private access to girls.

No telling the outcomes if they had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 11:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,464,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illbeback2 View Post
The problem is that they are pedophiles first and gay second. Perhaps it's easier for them to abuse alter boys. Anyway if they were gay they would have sex with adult men and not kids. Gay people don't want to have sex with children any more than straight people do. In fact more straight people sexually abuse their own kids since priests and gays don't have kids as often.
Until recently, Clergy has not had easy private access to young girls. Some states continue to not allow alter girls. What’s up with that? Adults have been increasingly serving in some churches.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:58 PM

33,761 posts, read 16,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Think he misses the point.
No he understands the point, but is spinning It as the RCC always has regarding its massive , global, pedophilia epidemic.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:01 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,417,749 times
https://www.firstthings.com/web-excl...not-be-priests

This is written by a gay man-----

Why Men Like Me Should Not Be Priests

"I am the sort of man the Catholic Church says shouldn’t be a priest. I experience what the Vatican calls “deep-seated homosexual tendencies,” which, according to the Church, make me an unsuitable candidate for the priesthood. The 2005 Vatican instruction on the question of homosexuality and the priesthood states this clearly: “The Church, while profoundly respecting the persons in question, cannot admit to the seminary or to holy orders those who practise homosexuality, present deep-seated homosexual tendencies or support the so-called ‘gay culture.’” This teaching wasn’t new. In 1961, the Vatican declared that men with homosexual inclinations couldn’t be ordained. Seminarians who “sinned gravely against the sixth commandment with a person of the same or opposite sex” were to be “dismissed immediately.”

"The first reason is that men with homosexual tendencies find it particularly difficult to live out the demands of chastity.The vast majority of scandals in the Church since 2002 involve homosexual priests profoundly failing in chastity. This is no surprise to me. Chastity, I’m convinced (and the evidence bears this out), is much harder for men with a homosexual inclination than for others.

Fr. James Lloyd, C.S.P., a priest with a PhD in psychology from NYU, has worked with homosexual men (including priests) for more than 30 years as a clinical psychologist. On the subject of chastity and homosexual priests, he says, “It is clear enough from clinical evidence that the psychic energy needed to contain homosexual drives is far greater than that needed by the straying heterosexual.”

Old 08-19-2018, 02:15 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,564,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Homosexuals!

The Catholic Church is as corrupt as our government. I'm reading the documents released by the Chicago Archdiocese on a priest accused three times and his arrogance is enraging - as though he was the victim.

It isn't homosexuals, it's pedophiles. These dopes sound smarter when they just shut their mouths and bless people.
Do these idiots not know the difference?

Would they say the same thing if it were girls they were sexually abusing instead?

Old 08-19-2018, 07:39 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,913,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If they are homosexuals why don't they just hook up with each other and save all the drama?
The Catholic Church does not condone homosexuality YET, so it's possible that abusing other males quietly is a way to hide their perverted behavior.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Only if the Church could justify the position that someone can engage in sexual activity without sinning. Something only allowed with what the Church considers a valid marriage. Since people can't change their gender or marry someone of the same gender according to catholic theology while it is okay to be gay, it is only okay with total celibacy.
God's Word does not condone homosexuality, so unrepentant homosexuals should leave the church.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:55 AM

12,303 posts, read 7,998,223 times
Quote:
God's Word does not condone homosexuality, so unrepentant homosexuals should leave the church.
Their church and they reserve the right to interpret God's word. Little different than should some murderers be put to death by the society for their crime. If someone is able to maintain absolute celibacy does it make a difference if they fantasize about someone of the same or opposite gender? On the other hand their are restrictions against appearing like the opposite gender in a culture. But then the church uniform makes that less of a problem.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Their church and they reserve the right to interpret God's word.
Man's ways come to an end, but God's word endures forever. Nevertheless, even the reprobate Catholic Church rejects homosexuality; that will probably change under the current pope because he's a proven heretic.

Genesis 6
[5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
[6] And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
[8] But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
[9] These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
[10] And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
[11] The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
[12] And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:56 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Do these idiots not know the difference?

Would they say the same thing if it were girls they were sexually abusing instead?
In the Pennsylvania case that is getting so much attention - there are girls involved.

One of the Bishops was on this morning and I heard nothing but defensiveness. It is an institutional church problem.

I would never EVER let my little girl or little boy alone in any catholic church.

Quote:
And unrepentant pedophiles and those clergy that covered it up?

I haven't seen you speak about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies