Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 09:07 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Let's see... Cuz the United States has protected and defended West Germany and then a unified Germany AFTER the United States defeated the Soviet Union. This was our national policy since the end of World War Two, back in mid 1945. Plus, under the Marshall Plan, we, the United States, rebuild West Germany and most of Western Europe.

Give me a freak'n break! If you like Germany that much, than try to immigrate over there than tell me how great Germany is!!

Btw, I'm half German, lived there and still visit there, so "I" have no hate for Germany or her people.

Heck!! There are plenty of Germans who would happily trade places with you!!
This is my response to you:

Old 08-19-2018, 09:10 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Germany has lower unemployment rate, overall lower cost of living (food, rent, etc.), MUCH better infrastructure, higher standard of living/quality of life, better safety net/social welfare, universal healthcare, better work environment, mandatory PTO’s, free public institutions, better public transportation, higher life expectancy, - yet still has much higher population density than the US and has 83.3 million people (still large). What happened to ‘America the great?’ Lmao

Please, no replies that says “Move to Germany” or “America has higher population” all stupid excuses.
Thanks!
Better public transportation?...... The US is 20 times the size of Germany. That's really an explanation in itself.
And much of what you list is a matter of opinion and is a reflection of Germany being very small.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:10 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I said tax like European countries do, not like South America.

Actually if you look at median income numbers. Germany and Alabama are very similar. The richest EU countries compare with the poorest US states. And if you adjust the numbers by purchasing power Alabama comes out way ahead.

https://mises.org/wire/if-sweden-and...poorest-states

We find something similar when we look at Germany, but in Germany's case, every single US state shows a higher median income than Germany. Germany's median income is $25,528. Things look even worse for the United Kingdom which has a median income of $21,033, compared to $26,517 in Mississippi.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-19-2018 at 09:24 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 09:12 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times
If Germany is so good and much better than USA, then....why many Berliners are investing their money in Real Estate in America?????? Personally I have a customer from Berlin, whose childhood was under the communist era before the fall of the Wall and so far he has used my services to close 4 Real Estate transactions. Evidently his $$$ is much better secured in USA than in Germany. ;-)

Old 08-19-2018, 09:15 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
But badly falls apart on CPI.
That CPI doesn't include rent or housing costs. Which is usually the bulk of the average person's expense, and this greatly favors Germany.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:18 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I know a lot of people who go to food pantries. Sorry it is beneath you and you look down on those people. Not nice to shame those people.

You can get SSI even if you never worked. And you can get health care and Medicaid. And if you never worked and are disabled very unlikely you make $300 a month in income. And most people have a family. This whole business that everyone will end up homeless without a huge safety net is not reality.
You said SSDI. Thats not possible if you dont have significant work history. SSI is possible, but its far from easy and it only gets you $700 a month to survive on. Health care no. Medicaid is only for those who basically earn nothing. You have to beg for the care you need if you actually have some income. Family? Plenty of people dont, or cant help, some were even abused. Not everyone ends up homeless, but in Texas, you're foolish if you dont save up a huge chunk of your income every month.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:18 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Being denied health care, education, denied medicine, basic services because you dont have enough money is not freedom.
It is 100% freedom. They've made the choice to live beyond their means and/or inadequately provide for themselves and their children, if they have any. If one doesn't earn enough money and/or negotiated other forms of compensation to pay for what one needs, one needs to reevaluate one's life and make some serious changes.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:19 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The short answer: The "Takers" outnumber the "Givers".
The long answer: Cumbersome bucolic hamsters cavort.
Hope that helps.
That is entirely accurate.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:20 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
America isn't made up of the same people as Germany. It should be obvious that different peoples create different societies. Even if the US adopted Germany's laws line for line, the US would never be like Germany.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:24 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
I said tax like European countries do, not like South America.
Alabama and Chile tax the same way. High sales taxes, flat and low income taxes. Just because someone taxes something a certain way, doesnt mean anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies