Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

So it is ok for government to tell someone who to marry or get between a patient and her doctor but not to limit drink choices for kids to healthy vs unhealthy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 06:48 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So it is ok for government to tell someone who to marry or get between a patient and her doctor but not to limit drink choices for kids to healthy vs unhealthy...
None of it is okay. Govt should be out of the marriage biz, medical biz and restaurant menu biz. You agree?

Old 08-21-2018, 06:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I agree -- govt. shouldn't be involved.

But I'm struggling with folks who want govt. to dictate lifestyle choices about marriage but get outraged about soda vs. milk/water.

Really?

Oye.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:24 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Didn't read the entire thread but heard the story on the news. The bill would not prevent the parents from ordering sodas. All it will do is list only milk and water on the kids' menu.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
None of it is okay. Govt should be out of the marriage biz, medical biz and restaurant menu biz. You agree?
I believe that human beings have a right to marry whomever they want to who is of legal age--not 14---
I believe a woman and her doctor have a legal right to make a medical decision about whether or not to terminate a pregnancy before the fetus is viable
I believe it is within the scope of government to decide when children need to have choices limited
You don't let children buy cigarettes and smoke legally
You don't let children buy alcohol and drink legally---even giving children alcohol can be an illegal act
The government sets lot of rules that govern what kids can and can't do
Tell me how kids are physically harmed by having this rule enforced?

Old 08-21-2018, 09:25 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pharmaceutical companies should be able to charge whatever they want for their drugs and increase prices by 700%? No, I don't agree.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
I believe that human beings have a right to marry whomever they want to who is of legal age--not 14---
I believe a woman and her doctor have a legal right to make a medical decision about whether or not to terminate a pregnancy before the fetus is viable
I believe it is within the scope of government to decide when children need to have choices limited
You don't let children buy cigarettes and smoke legally
You don't let children buy alcohol and drink legally---even giving children alcohol can be an illegal act
The government sets lot of rules that govern what kids can and can't do
Tell me how kids are physically harmed by having this rule enforced?
So you're a hypocrite

Old 08-22-2018, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Pharmaceutical companies should be able to charge whatever they want for their drugs and increase prices by 700%? No, I don't agree.
Im saying pharmaceutical companies should have to compete in a free market. Of course you dont agree, you dont understand the most basic of economic principles.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:54 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Didn't read the entire thread but heard the story on the news. The bill would not prevent the parents from ordering sodas. All it will do is list only milk and water on the kids' menu.
Ergo, owners must use their labor to physically amend their menus or they'll face a fine. Persist more and a caging is in order.

Confiscation of labor under the threat of force is...

A. Necessary for roads

B. Russia's fault

C. Slavery

D. Spelled out in Article 5, Section B of the Social Contract

Open to all to answer. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:57 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:

This. I couldn't rep you again yet, but well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies