Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Latest news is that she's blaming her underage victim for the encounter. Nasty woman.
At least there is some photographic evidence to back up the claims. I mean they aren't just out for a casual lunch in this picture now are they?

https://www.tmz.com/2018/08/22/asia-...oto-sex-texts/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 08:02 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
She is also blaming Anthony Bourdain now. This is probably why he killed himself. It all makes sense now.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:22 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Maybe....just like all the actresses that went to HW in exchange for Oscar-worthy roles....but now that they're major stars feel a bit guilty of how they got there and need to blame HW instead of themselves for the trade.
HW and even Al Franken are unattractive creepy men, that no woman would willing want to date and have a romantic relationship with.

Argento was wrong, but let's be honest, when she was 37 years old, she was attractive enough that I'm sure that her "victim" must have jerked off to thoughts of her prior to their encounter. It's just what teen boys and young men do.

Anyway, Hollywood, with all the beautiful people and their party habits has been one giant soap opera cesspool since the days of the first motion pictures. Just by the nature of the story lines they film, and playing up the sexual appeal of their movie stars... the HW accusations didn't surprise me, and what's going on with Argento is no shocking surprise to me either.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:19 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
She is also blaming Anthony Bourdain now. This is probably why he killed himself. It all makes sense now.
I saw that. Blame the dead guy.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:15 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
H
Argento was wrong, but let's be honest, when she was 37 years old, she was attractive enough that I'm sure that her "victim" must have jerked off to thoughts of her prior to their encounter. It's just what teen boys and young men do.
...And women have cozied up to unattractive wealthy and powerful men for ages to advance their inner material girl...

Old 08-22-2018, 05:21 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Despite domestic abuse allegations that would've torpedoed another politicians career a year ago, Democrats and #metoo activists are giving Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison a pass. Where's the odious Kristen Gillibrand now? I guess it was politically easy to stab Al Franken and Bill Clinton in the back, they were just two old white guys. Ellison however is a black Muslim, checking off two of the liberals favorite protected classes.

And now, according to the NYT, one of the more vocal leaders of #metoo just paid off her own accuser

"But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18."

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser https://nyti.ms/2OKIvS2
Is anyone really surprised? These people have no real convictions and are mostly hypocrites. They will do anything to pursue their agenda and push forth their narrative.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
In this alleged incident, the boy claiming sexual assault had just turned 17 (age of consent was 18) and his alleged adult female abuser, asia, was 37 years old.

I think the reaction from the #metoo crowd about this is telling of the double standard hypocrisy of the people involved in this metoo movement.

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/stat...35197433602048
Rose McGowan is an idiot who thought an X-Men movie scene used on a billboard was woman hate. She is a total fem-nazi. I have no problem with feminists, just idiots like McGown.

As for the issue, sadly MANY have a positive view of teenage boys being with older women whether it is the school teacher or an actress. This is WIDELY known as being "OK" when swap teenage boys with girls and older women with men, it is "bad". I don't find it good either way personally. But this case is rather muddy and it is unsure if Asia was the aggressor or Bennett, plus did Asia really know Bennett's age. That's the issue at play here versus the Weinstein situations.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:17 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Rose McGowan is an idiot who thought an X-Men movie scene used on a billboard was woman hate. She is a total fem-nazi. I have no problem with feminists, just idiots like McGown.

As for the issue, sadly MANY have a positive view of teenage boys being with older women whether it is the school teacher or an actress. This is WIDELY known as being "OK" when swap teenage boys with girls and older women with men, it is "bad". I don't find it good either way personally. But this case is rather muddy and it is unsure if Asia was the aggressor or Bennett, plus did Asia really know Bennett's age. That's the issue at play here versus the Weinstein situations.
according to #metoo, if a woman says she was abused by a male we must believe her. Proof isn't necessary.

a male teen said he was sexually abused by a female adult in power, who is now a leader of the metoo movement, when he was 17 and she was 37. there are published photos of Asia naked from the waist up in bed with him and text messages by her that allegedly confirm his assertion.

In general, should women get a pass for sexual assault accusations? Men are being automatically condemned without a trial or jury.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-22-2018 at 06:31 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 07:45 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
...And women have cozied up to unattractive wealthy and powerful men for ages to advance their inner material girl...
Men and women have different motives. Yes, if a man is rich enough, he can offset his ugliness and his older age, and date a much younger and attractive female. And rich older women can buy gigolos for companionship.

Men are more visually oriented and Asia was very attractive at 37, and even young looking for her age. And yes, I've read the comments by adult men, every time there's been a story posted here about a school boy being seduced by a female teacher. It's the stuff of typical teen boy fantasies.

Also, they were friends for a long time, and IMO it's very common for a long running innocent flirt to culminate in either a successful romance... or end up with awkwardness when the line is crossed.

According to this website, the average age for a boy to lose his virginity is 16.9 years of age, for girls, it's 17.2. And I've known many people who lost their virginity a lot earlier than that, and to older partners.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/teen...-virginity-age

I think that it's nonsense to see Rose McGowan's comments that her "heart is broken" over the Argento reveal. Yeah, she's let down and disappointed with her friend, but to have her heart broken? That's just stupid drama talk.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:12 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Despite domestic abuse allegations that would've torpedoed another politicians career a year ago, Democrats and #metoo activists are giving Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison a pass. Where's the odious Kristen Gillibrand now? I guess it was politically easy to stab Al Franken and Bill Clinton in the back, they were just two old white guys. Ellison however is a black Muslim, checking off two of the liberals favorite protected classes.

And now, according to the NYT, one of the more vocal leaders of #metoo just paid off her own accuser

"But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18."

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser https://nyti.ms/2OKIvS2
#MeToo will never end because good ole boys in power continue with their filth. Forget Argento there are thousands that will take up the charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies