Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 08:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Smoke it?
Thank you for reminding us to be civil.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:11 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,975 times
RRRREEEEEEFEEERRRR MMMMMAAAAAADNEEEEEESSS!

Now, back to the REAL world ...

Old 08-21-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the biggest problem when it comes to this issue is the fact that evangelicals cannot separate their personal beliefs on what "sin" is and what public policy should be. They are unable to grasp that just because they believe marijuana is sinful and is not permissible for believers to partake in doesn't mean it should be prohibited for everyone. There are so many social issues where this is a factor but right now I think marijuana is a pressing issue because of the patchwork of laws ranging from complete legality to something that can get you years behind bars for minuscule amounts.
Well, keep in mind, these types also think everyone should be living under Sharia Law - oops, make that BIBLE law. King James version. You know, burning witches and whatnot.

They want laws to mandate that we all have to be xtians and we all have to obey THEIR every whim. Most of them want to chain women to the bed, with a chain JUST LONG ENOUGH to reach the kitchen. And they want all gay people murdered. Errr, executed, in their terms. But really it would be murder. They want mandatory prayer in schools - but only for them. Any other religion including Catholicism should be banned.

As far as they are concerned no one should be allowed to get away from them. They are going to save our souls, even if it kills us.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Cigar smoke is not inhaled, just FYI.
True, they just cause oral cancer instead.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I'd say that the strong possibility is that you incurred lung damage, and subsequent blood oxygen issues, from the particulate inhaled from the unfiltered plant smoke.

There is no denying that particulate causes emphysema, eventually, and that inhaling marijuana smoke is inhaling a lot of particulate.

Our lungs are pink and delicate. Inhaling anything ruins them. Even vaping incurs a lot of particulate inhalation.
I'm good with vaping. Can't smoke at all anymore though. Tried it a couple of times and I thought I was going to hack up a lung.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:23 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL - why do you all believe that you cannot be addicted to THC - a drug included in cannibas. You can be addicted to it just like you can be addicted to nicotine in cigarettes or alcohol.
That's simply not true.

Quote:
Unlike other substances, pot has very few severe withdrawal symptoms and most people can quit rather easily. When present, withdrawal symptoms might include: anxiety, depression, nausea, sleep disturbances and GI problems.

Compared to other substances, marijuana is not very addicting. It is estimated that 32% of tobacco users will become addicted, 23% of heroin users, 17% of cocaine users, and 15% of alcohol users. Cocaine and heroin are more physically harmful and nicotine is much more addictive. It is much harder to quit smoking cigarettes than it is to quit smoking pot. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...uana-addictive

Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Even vaping incurs a lot of particulate inhalation.
Not vaping liquid concentrate, I think you are confusing vaping with liquid cartridges with dabbing which does discharge a lot of particulates.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:36 PM

937 posts, read 927,223 times
Lol.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:47 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Pot is the biggest non-issue.

I mean with all the issues in the world today? This?

Yawn.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-22-2018, 01:44 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, you tried to compare potent pot to soft drinks and caffeine. It is what pro-drug people always do.

They are invisible because they have gone from being productive citizens to being non-productive aka invisible. Well, they are still visible when they emerge from their bedrooms to pick up their welfare checks.
Do you know medically how potent caffeine is? No clearly not, in large doses it can cause cardiac arrhythmia, delusions, hallucinations and death. Some guy died from eating caffeinated mints for chrissakes. Caffeinated drinks typically contain 150-200mg per serving, then you have things like Cannonball Coffee at 1100mg per serving, or you can buy OTC caffeine, 90 tabs of 200mg caffeine, taken at once that exceeds the LD50 by 80%.

That's OK though because the same medical profession that says the concerns over THC are overblown is the same profession that says caffeine is a low risk CNS stimulant. So there's no contradiction there is there Finn? Oh, wait, you argue the medical concerns over THC are underrated don't you?

So how you going to resolve that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies