Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 03:29 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not a liberal. JFC, is this your first day on this forum?

If someone has no skills, they won't be working. If they can't even do the most basic of things, they will not be working. I don't mean that they are mentally retarded, I mean they don't care because no one has ever shown them a reason to care. So your answer is, "I'll just say you don't need a college education". How about a high school one?

You will get to pay for them for the rest of their lives.

Hurray. Let's continue to do the same damn thing we've been doing because we like to sit here and ***** and moan about our tax dollars going to "welfare scum".

You cut them off, watch what happens.

You all do not live in reality.

Really? How many do you employ? I have 14 under me. 8 of them had literally 0 experience in my field. They needed work or they would starve and were willing to do whatever it takes to make a paycheck.
Guess who taught them how to do the jobs they perform productively and proficiently?

Not a college. Not a highschool.

We do not need more indoctrination good feelz centers. We need more places to throw the middle finger to corporatist/boomer hiring practices of a mandatory degree in ____ AND required 3-5 years of experience.

You tell me which is better
Starting adult life out in the red with college debt.
Working earning and learning saving money up because the boss/employer gets a significant enough of a tax break they can afford to give raises that otherwise would have gone to uncle sam.
Tax burdens are an operational expense that cuts into profits.
F taxes.
Let employers fill in where colleges and public education dropped the ball and have them invest in their employees rather than to go out to welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 03:31 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Because You can Not teach what needs to be taught... Period.

You show me where "educating" got anyone anything. Teachers get raises? Nope. Kids learn to be productive critical thinking? Nope.
There is truth in public education and colleges being liberal indoctrination centers...
ASK ME HOW I KNOW...

Spent more time in a principals office than a class room for most of my highschool career. I wouldn't take their BS.

You look at what Green_Mariner had said about shaming certain behaviors. You did that in a public school in NY state you'd have a teacher try and make a fool out of you in front of the class room for being hateful, close minded and insensitive.
HOW DARE YOU SL*T SHAME THAT GIRL!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU NEED TO BE SUPPORTIVE!

HOW DARE YOU [insert saying or doing any thing that defies liberal good feelz]

Starts in public schools... It carries on... government has done a good enough job screwing up education. They do not need to screw it up any further.
And with this one hysterical post, you revealed your true colors to us all. And it ain’t pretty. Congratulations.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:40 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And with this one hysterical post, you revealed your true colors to us all. And it ain’t pretty. Congratulations.
Doesn't have to be pretty its the truth. Just like when I raced a banged up camaro. Doesn't have to be pretty. Just has to go fast and corner.

I'll wear it with a badge of honor.

I'll rephrase it. Modern education. What has a modern form of education provided?
I'll tell you. Lemmings. Lemmings incapable of thinking critically and solving problems, defaulting to an adult in the room to solve their life's problems. Be it a bully, be it a hand out to become a form of a career.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:21 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this is the thing. Money is what got ghetto culture glamorized. Look at hip hop. When it started out, it was not a bad genre of music. When record companies started paying rappers to sing about killing people, pimping, and drugs, this is when things got bad. This is when ghetto culture really began to be glamorized. And then it got on TV. The ghetto hood rat culture was always there. It was not held by a majority within the Black population, but as media advanced, so did the ways of glamorizing it.

Now, certainly, said persons getting on TV and acting out that ghetto culture, they did not have to do it. Said persons had a choice. However, flashing money in front of someone and paying them to act stupid, said persons aren't going to say no.
During my undergraduate days, now nearly fifty years ago, the term "ghetto" meant something somewhat different than it does today. despite its European Anti-Semitic origins, It referred almost exclusively to very poor African-American neighborhoods within major cities -- Watts in Los Angeles, Hough in Cleveland, Bedford-Stuyvestant and the notorious Cabrini-Green housing project in Chicago. These places were often pretty well-isolated from even public transportation and "red-lined" by realtors. in recent years, I've heard the term used often (and disparagingly) by African-Americans with whom I've worked,

I've seen a few somewhat-more-promising approaches in recent years, most notably the encouraging of the rehabilitation of small-scale housing by local owners -- buy and fix up three units / live in one and rent out the other two. But progress will, by definition, be slow and painful.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Because You can Not teach what needs to be taught... Period.

You show me where "educating" got anyone anything. Teachers get raises? Nope. Kids learn to be productive critical thinking? Nope.
There is truth in public education and colleges being liberal indoctrination centers...
ASK ME HOW I KNOW...

Spent more time in a principals office than a class room for most of my highschool career. I wouldn't take their BS.

You look at what Green_Mariner had said about shaming certain behaviors. You did that in a public school in NY state you'd have a teacher try and make a fool out of you in front of the class room for being hateful, close minded and insensitive.
HOW DARE YOU SL*T SHAME THAT GIRL!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU NEED TO BE SUPPORTIVE!

HOW DARE YOU [insert saying or doing any thing that defies liberal good feelz]

Starts in public schools... It carries on... government has done a good enough job screwing up education. They do not need to screw it up any further.
It isn't just a problem with public education or in liberal areas. This starts at home. I live in Georgia, a red state. I grew up in one of the most conservative parts of the state. I didn't go to the principal's office that much, outside of a few problems. However, this is what I saw. Some of the worst behavior I remember came from kids with some lackluster home lives. It starts at home.

In my cases, it was not really other teachers I had to worry about. I spoke about teen pregnancy candidly with another teacher, and she agreed with me. My worries came from other students. I didn't even shame a girl one day. I just mentioned how teen pregnancy was an issue in the school. She got annoyed with me and mentioned she had a kid of her own. If there was any shaming of pregnant girls in my high school (back in the early 2000s), I never saw it. I learned early on that if I directly shamed a girl for getting pregnant, I would get a tongue lashing at the least, and slapped in the face at worst. One thing I learned was that even though many students did have conservative values, this didn't stop alot of stupidity from taking place.

I remember seeing several pregnant girls in school. It bothered me a bit, but many people never said much. I was in class with a pregnant female. No one made comments about it.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:39 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
But ... but ... The Donald says he was gonna fix this!
Chicago's mayor declared Chi-town a no Trump zone

A win for BAU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies