Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The breakdown of the family unit, low empathy, a toxic culture(poor impulse control and my needs are all that matter mindset). Too many people with a criminal mindset concentrated in one geographical location. "Hispanic" culture in general is more centered around the family not individual selfish needs.Those with criminal mindsets are still for the most part on the fringe and looked down on unlike many black communities.(criminality is more often accepted as an acceptable survival tool from my own observations of course there are exceptions).
People also dont see the big picture. They have kids out of spite, then dont want to raise them, but dont realize they are part of the problem of poorly raised kids. If people actually told them how they contribute to the issue, it could change mentalities. BTW, this is about poor people in general.

So whos going to go to Chicago and start talking to the people? Who really wants to try to solve the problem?

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 08-21-2018 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 09:07 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
What happened to the 8 years of hope and change from the community organizer?

If Obama wasn’t going to make a difference then why the hell did liberals elect him? Oh that’s right, because he’s black

And yet we see again that black political power fails to translate into black social progress.
So the election of one man should have solved decades of problems?

What are you doing to help solve the problems in the black community?

Old 08-21-2018, 09:10 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
So explain what the root cause of these issues is??? I point it out repeatedly on here, but I will do it again. 90% of the violent crime in Chicago is committed by blacks, yet there is an equal population of blacks and Hispanics (approximately 30% each, slightly more Hispanics) and they both live in similar neighborhoods in terms of socioeconomic status.

So what is the "root cause?" If Hispanics are living in similar types of neighborhoods, yet have way less crime, what is the root cause??? Why does the "democratic controlled" or "racist republican" city not impact the crime of other races, but only blacks??

Again, we hear about "root causes" a lot, but Hispanics experience many of those same "root causes" yet don't display nearly the amount of violent crime. So I'll ask you again, what is the "root cause"????
Its the black culture of drugs, single parenthood, glamorizing the gangsta culture, lack of respect for authority, anti snitch mentality, anti education, live on welfare mentality.
Its why a city like chicago has all the violence it does, yet a place like el paso, that has a low avg incime, does not.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Chicago had worse problems with violence, shootings, gangs, and murders back in the 1990s and it was not in the national media every week and they didn't keep tallies of who was shot ever week back then either. If you were truly "highlighting the problem" you'd highlight the fact that crime has decreased there over the past 25 years.

ETA: What also gets lost is the fact that crime decreased in Chicago primarily because of the black population lobbying for and implementing programs to decrease drug abuse, gangs, and to assist parents in after school care activities for children. These things directly caused the decrease in the latter and decreased crime rates in the city, but they get overlooked and instead you all try to paint a picture of black Chicagoans being welfare abusers primarily, when that is not true. I know a lot of black people from Chicago. They care very deeply about their hoods and communities and a large amount of them, including my in-laws are very involved in their areas to decrease crime and keep kids off the streets and help foster a sense of community. Their efforts are ignored when these stories are broadcast every week as if no one is doing anything and as if the city is the worst it has ever been when that is not he case at all.
The news trained people to scoff at Chicago, and they dont want to stop doing that. I think it wouldnt matter if the news pointed out declining levels of homicide, or if they focused only on shootings rising, the result is the same.
Pointing out whats working on the problem is going to get ignored.
If they cant complain about Chicago, then it turns to St.Louis, Miami, NYC, whatever. The complaints arent about crime because these people here dont care about crime, or crime solutions, they only care about pointing fingers. Makes them feel better.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Its the black culture of drugs, single parenthood, glamorizing the gangsta culture, lack of respect for authority, anti snitch mentality, anti education, live on welfare mentality.
Its why a city like chicago has all the violence it does, yet a place like el paso, that has a low avg incime, does not.

See above Mathguy.

This is the reason that the media does this - to push a narrative that black people and our culture are inferior to other people.

IMO there is really no other reason for it.

This poster probably 100% believes what he/she posted even though as I noted, less than 1% of black people in Chicago are involved in murdering or shooting anyone in any given year.

Pushing fear and prejudice makes media outlets money. People like to read stories that affirm their prejudices and racism and so they keep coming back to get more every week. IMO that is why the Chicago media keeps publishing these things - to keep people coming back to make them some money as they know those people like to fuel their racism.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
The news trained people to scoff at Chicago, and they dont want to stop doing that. I think it wouldnt matter if the news pointed out declining levels of homicide, or if they focused only on shootings rising, the result is the same.
Pointing out whats working on the problem is going to get ignored.
If they cant complain about Chicago, then it turns to St.Louis, Miami, NYC, whatever. The complaints arent about crime because these people here dont care about crime, or crime solutions, they only care about pointing fingers. Makes them feel better.

I agree with this - as I noted above - IMO it is because they like to reaffirm the prejudices and racism of the consumers. People are drawn to things that "prove" to them their racism is valid. They place these 4 murders on Chicago on all black people in America and our culture and our families and our education and our incomes and what we use to buy food and even our health insurance - they blame us in our entirety.

Anyone who takes a step back and looks at it and aren't blinded by their own prejudices can see it.

It is pretty evident that there is no purpose other than to fuel fear and prejudice. "Look at what the black people did this weekend!" sort of thing.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:15 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
If the problem is intergenerational welfare dependence then make women receiving welfare get periodic birth control shots. Require it of all women on welfare regardless of race unless they can provide a doctor's notice stating that they are post menopausal. Require it for a period of time after they go off of the benefit as well, to make sure they don't just go off of it long enough to get pregnant and then go right back on it. The government cannot force a woman to take a shot but it can make her ineligible to receive future benefits if she doesn't. This is not a racist solution because it would apply to everyone living off of the public dole. If the government has the authority to provide a dole it also has the authority to impose conditions on receiving it.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If the problem is intergenerational welfare dependence then make women receiving welfare get periodic birth control shots. Require it of all women on welfare regardless of race unless they can provide a doctor's notice stating that they are post menopausal. Require it for a period of time after they go off of the benefit as well, to make sure they don't just go off of it long enough to get pregnant and then go right back on it. This is not a racist solution because it would apply to everyone living off of the public dole. If the government has the authority to provide a dole it also has the authority to impose conditions on receiving it.

Another one lol - 4 black people got killed in Chicago by other black people so we need to sterilize black women...

They say it is not racist so I guess it is classist - sterilize all poor women (FWIW see how you won't have anyone to take care of you when you get old in the nursing home if you do this lol)

Neither government, welfare, nor birth control shots have anything to do with anyone getting shot, yet this is a "solution...."

Old 08-21-2018, 09:19 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Here in Detroit we have the same things going on. Just last night there was a police involved shooting. Details were still coming out this morning, supposedly the suspect was armed , sent off some shots, then ran.

Just reading the comments on this Facebook "Detroit Crime" page, we as a society have some seriously deep seeded problems, and with the general attitude in the replies, we will never see an end to the violence in these cities.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/man-killed...it-s-west-side

https://m.facebook.com/groups/160363...25433974377107

Old 08-21-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this - as I noted above - IMO it is because they like to reaffirm the prejudices and racism of the consumers. People are drawn to things that "prove" to them their racism is valid. They place these 4 murders on Chicago on all black people in America and our culture and our families and our education and our incomes and what we use to buy food and even our health insurance - they blame us in our entirety.

Anyone who takes a step back and looks at it and aren't blinded by their own prejudices can see it.

It is pretty evident that there is no purpose other than to fuel fear and prejudice. "Look at what the black people did this weekend!" sort of thing.
I think you should start a thread on it, but you would have to word it in a way that would attract them in proving their racism is valid, and then draw out why people here need to feel that way SO BADLY.

The thread could flop or it flourish, but I think its the root problem on this board and should be exposed, no matter how many threads it takes to reach people...if possible.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 08-21-2018 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies