Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 06:06 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you consider everyone born with something not of the norm, mentally ill?
No, but gender dysphoria, as in being very uncomfortable with your own body because you think you're the wrong sex, clearly is mental illness.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No, but gender dysphoria, as in being very uncomfortable with your own body because you think you're the wrong sex, clearly is mental illness.
Being a psychologist, doctor or geneticists is how you know this? The creative process is perfect? It's not flawed? It always gets it right?

I find it amazing that people understand that things don't always work the same every time but can not understand the same thing can happen here.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:23 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
A person might claim they are transgender BUT what they are really doing is acting as a predator towards a person in the bathroom, especially a kid. I don't know often this happens, but it might happen a bit more than how often it should happen, which is it should never happen.
Doesn’t make sense.
Are you saying it’s ONLY transgenders who prey at kids in the restrooms?

I read it in a research article that ”Public restrooms are the most frequent places in USA where kids get sexual assaults” - and I see that MANY people, very casually let their small kids go to the public restrooms all by themselves and without any adult supervision - but I didn’t know it were all transgenders behind all sexual assaults on kids in public rest rooms.

Note:
Imagine this scene that many of us have seen it many times.

A car pulls into a gas station - adults/parents stay in the car - a small kid gets out and gets into the store to use the public restroom while adults munch on crap in the car.

Parents/Guardians,
DO YOU FREAKING KNOW WHO ELSE IS IN THE PUBLIC RESTROOM WITH YOUR SMALL KID?

Do not, DO NOT !!, let your small kids go into the public restrooms all by themselves - small kids ALWAYS need protection and adult supervision in the public restrooms
!!

Last edited by GoCardinals; 08-25-2018 at 06:43 AM..

Old 08-25-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Being a psychologist, doctor or geneticists is how you know this? The creative process is perfect? It's not flawed? It always gets it right?

I find it amazing that people understand that things don't always work the same every time but can not understand the same thing can happen here.
Obviously it can and does happen. Some small number of people are indeed freaked out by their own genitalia. And if that isn't mental illness then what is?

Old 08-25-2018, 06:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Obviously it can and does happen. Some small number of people are indeed freaked out by their own genitalia. And if that isn't mental illness then what is?
"Freaked out" is not a medical term. Someone's wiring not wiring the same way as yours does not make you a "freak". It simply makes you who you are.

Just for the sake of argument, let's argue it's a mental issue. That is not a reason to demonize people and call them names. That noted, we can NOT rewire people so to me we accept people as they are wired if they are not wired in a way that harms others and I'm not harmed by the person in the OP. I agree that their argument in this one is weak but in a big picture it's incredibly minor.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:49 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
She sounds redickless

Old 08-25-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
"Freaked out" is not a medical term. Someone's wiring not wiring the same way as yours does not make you a "freak". It simply makes you who you are.
This particular woman, with her tampon crusade and her bloody crotch pictures I would call an attention seeing freak. But in general, people with gender dysphoria have my sympathy. I can't imagine how troubling such a condition would be. They need an effective treatment that doesn't require mutilation. Hopefully researchers will continue to work towards one, undeterred by the recently fashionable "it's who you are" BS.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:33 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
The Left demands more and more that the general public ignore scientific facts. Even basic scientific facts of what is male and female. Tolerance is not the Left's goal....only complete agreement is acceptable to them.

Few people are interested in how strangers live their lives; live and let live. However, progressives demanding others ideologically embrace fantasy, even participate in that fantasy, is unreasonable.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:

Just for the sake of argument, let's argue it's a mental issue. That is not a reason to demonize people and call them names. That noted, we can NOT rewire people so to me we accept people as they are wired if they are not wired in a way that harms others and I'm not harmed by the person in the OP. I agree that their argument in this one is weak but in a big picture it's incredibly minor.
Yes your "wiring" makes you who you are.

And if your wiring is 'off, ' using your terminology, it makes a person mentally ill. No one is demonizing anyone. It is not demonizing to point out that someone is ill.

To *pretend* this is a healthy behavior is intellectually and medically dishonest. And to teach schoolchildren in public schools that it is normal/healthy is promoting untruth as truth.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
This particular woman, with her tampon crusade and her bloody crotch pictures I would call an attention seeing freak. But in general, people with gender dysphoria have my sympathy. I can't imagine how troubling such a condition would be. They need an effective treatment that doesn't require mutilation. Hopefully researchers will continue to work towards one, undeterred by the recently fashionable "it's who you are" BS.
Excellent post.

it always astounds me that anorexics, who have significant distress and boy dysmorphic disorder, not unlike transgenders, are seen as ill and in need of immediate assistance. But transgenderism? Is deemed normal and healthy. Even though it is clearly a disease according to the APA. If it wasn't?

It would NOT be in the DSM V. DSM V classifies unhealthy behaviors, not healthy behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies