Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 08:07 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
His San Diego Lawyer's Assoc. also has ties to the NCLR. I read it on their website.
It's called the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association (SDLRL).

I'd appreciate it if you'd be more specific. I see no evidence on their website.

Quote:
That group isn't about civil rights they advocate for Hispanics here illegally and want amnesty for them. Reform is merely another word for amnesty. Why does any organization fight for opportunities for a certain group?
Many organizations fight for opportunities for a certain group.

Quote:
It's racist in nature.
"Hispanic" is an ethnicity, not a race. As anyone who has ever met a Dominican American, Mexican American, or Spanish American can attest, Hispanics can be and are members of any and all races. In Spanish, as in English and any other language, words can and do have multiple meanings. "La Raza" means "the people" or "the community." Translating "la raza" as "the race" is not only inaccurate, it is factually incorrect.

https://sdlrla.com/the-name/

Quote:
Janet Marguia who was the head of that organization (she may still be) was interviewed on Fox several times in the past and she said that her organization is for amnesty and pulled the race card as a defense as the usual pro-illegals do.
I'll ignore this irrelevant part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 08:48 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It's called the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association (SDLRL).

I'd appreciate it if you'd be more specific. I see no evidence on their website.

Many organizations fight for opportunities for a certain group.

"Hispanic" is an ethnicity, not a race. As anyone who has ever met a Dominican American, Mexican American, or Spanish American can attest, Hispanics can be and are members of any and all races. In Spanish, as in English and any other language, words can and do have multiple meanings. "La Raza" means "the people" or "the community." Translating "la raza" as "the race" is not only inaccurate, it is factually incorrect.

https://sdlrla.com/the-name/

I'll ignore this irrelevant part.

The NCLR was listed on their site back when the Trump fiasco began. I don't see it there now and it was probably removed....go figure.

I don't believe in advocacy groups for certain races or ethnic groups it's divisive and yes I would call it racist. I in particular object to groups that think their group is above our laws and should be rewarded for breaking them.

Ah, the ole spin on "La Raza". Nice try, but that's been tried before. Raza means race it's obvious. Call it people or whatever but it is exclusive to the Hispanic ethnic group.

The NCLR is of the same agenda that the San Diego La Raza Lawyer's group is even though the NCLR isn't a lawyer's association. Remain in denial if you wish. If that weren't so then why did the lawyer's assoc. give scholarships to illegal aliens just for starters?

Old 08-20-2018, 08:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
There was no outrage -- no front page coverage -- just comments noting that our President thinks complimenting someone on their English is funny or necessary.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:05 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
The NCLR was listed on their site back when the Trump fiasco began. I don't see it there now and it was probably removed....go figure.
Hm.

Quote:
I don't believe in advocacy groups for certain races or ethnic groups it's divisive and yes I would call it racist. I in particular object to groups that think their group is above our laws and should be rewarded for breaking them.
Okay.

Quote:
Ah, the ole spin on "La Raza". Nice try, but that's been tried before. Raza means race it's obvious. Call it people or whatever but it is exclusive to the Hispanic ethnic group.
Yeah, just like it's obvious that embarazada means embarrassed? (Hint: it means pregnant)

Quote:
The NCLR is of the same agenda that the San Diego La Raza Lawyer's group is even though the NCLR isn't a lawyer's association. Remain in denial if you wish. If that weren't so then why did the lawyer's assoc. give scholarships to illegal aliens just for starters?
The SDLRLA Scholarship Fund law student scholarships are awarded to full time law students in their first and second year of law school and part time students up to their third year of law school. Recipients are not limited to persons of a Latino/Latina background, instead the scholarships are awarded to law students from a variety of backgrounds who have contributed to the betterment of the Latino community. The recipients of the scholarships are law students who have met criteria of community service, financial need, hardship and academic achievement. The scholarships typically range from $1,000 to $5,000. Recipients are honored each year at the SDLRLA Annual Awards and Gala Dinner.

Law School Scholarships | San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Scholarship Fund

This is exhausting.

Do you ever do your own research or do you just repeat what you hear on Fox and Rush?

Last edited by AguaDulce; 08-20-2018 at 09:15 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 06:18 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
lmao...YAAAWWWNNNN

Old 08-21-2018, 06:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I Love seeing posts like these form the left.....the dumbest, most ignorant, low IQ....blah blah blah.....current president.....

Yet, once again, he still beat the most qualified dem EVER.....

"There has never been a man or a woman more qualified than Hillary Clinton to serve as the next US president." Signed obama....

HAhahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What's that say about those that supported hillary and obama?
If I used your kind of thinking I would respond with -- shows you how stupid many Americans are that they vote for a stupid man.

But I wouldn't do that.....lol.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking Wait a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Since he's probably most familiar with Melania's English, perhaps Trump was surprised that it's actually possible to be fluent and unaccented in more than one language.

Are you implying that tRump hasn't bothered to learn Slovenian in order to whisper sweet nothings to Melanoma?

I mean, Melania...

Old 08-21-2018, 06:56 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Trump also pi*sed and shat today. Where is the outrage about that? How dare he!

Old 08-21-2018, 07:01 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
As someone who hates tRump, even I know it was a joke. A bad one. Move on.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You folks get offended by the weirdest things.

Remember Joe Biden's remarks about how well spoken Obama was for a black man?

And from the Left......... Crickets.
Remind us again which candidate got the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies