Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:32 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I absolutely love watching these Repubs bellyaching to no end over private companies running their businesses as they see fit. Isn't that what you've been wanting, righties? For private businesses to treat people any way they wish with no regard for human decency? Well, it looks like those chickens are coming home to roost. I say grow a pair and live with it. That's how you expect others to deal with these situations. Poetic justice at its finest!

Those on the right think that freedom travels on a private road-----which they own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 10:36 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
For how long? The issue is not just Netflix deleting its comments section. It’s the concerted effort among the tech companies to remove dissent, individual opinion, and free discourse from the internet.
Their forum, their rules. They’re under no obligation to allow views they disagree with, if that’s what they’re doing. CD doesn’t allow a lot of stuff either.

How ever did society manage to have dissent, opinion, and free discourse before the internet?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:38 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
They took off one of my kids' favorite shows. Must be a part of this evil plan too.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:47 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
For how long? The issue is not just Netflix deleting its comments section. It’s the concerted effort among the tech companies to remove dissent, individual opinion, and free discourse from the internet.
Comment threads are being disabled all over the internet, and have been for some time now. For good reason - they've been cesspool of humanity for years (well before Trump).

Old 08-21-2018, 01:32 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Investors were not excited. Netflix missed subscriber projections for the fifth straight quarter and its stock tumbled 14 percent: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-earnings.html

I would call that having an effect.
Erm it missed projections for the first time in 5 quarters first bullet point

Quote:
Netflix missed its subscriber addition projections for the first time in five quarters, leading shares to tumble.
Their company their choice. There are plenty of places to comment on any form of media there is. There's little need for something like Netflix to replicate metacritic.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
So don't subscribe?

Old 08-21-2018, 07:27 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Teen Wolf Too isn't on Netflix. Hulu has it right now.

Should I sign up for Hulu? Do they allow comments? I mean I don’t care what their actual content is, only that they allow me to comment on it.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:41 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I would tend to accept Netflick's explanation on its face. I imagine it costs some money to monitor such comment boards, and the company decided it was not worth it.

As Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Old 08-21-2018, 07:53 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
i like netflix. i'm not into all this boycotting nonsense, i think its weak sauce. i'm aware they are liberal biased but i just don't watch the lib crap. you just have to be aware.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:54 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Comment threads are being disabled all over the internet, and have been for some time now. For good reason - they've been cesspool of humanity for years (well before Trump).
yes they are and you are correct they are a cesspool. however i dont think they cause people to say things they werent already thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies