Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 08:44 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,618,923 times

Advertisements

Like fascism spreading throughout early 20th century Europe, private censorship of individual ideas is spreading rapidly through the technology business community. Netflix has decided to shut down commentary on its videos and movies. Although it claims That this is due to low participation, it is pretty clear that this is just part of the trend to censor few points many of which no doubt are comments that, as a whole, were criticizing their crappy shows.

Netflix kills off its reviews section | Daily Mail Online

How long does this forum have until its shut down? A year? Two?

Last edited by MJJersey; 08-20-2018 at 09:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Like fascism spreading throughout early 20th century Europe, private censorship of individual ideas is spreading rapidly through the technology business community. Netflix has decided to shut down commentary on its videos and movies. Although it claims That this is due to low participation, it is pretty clear that this is just part of the trend to censor few points many of which no doubt are comments that, as a whole, were criticizing their crappy shows.

Netflix kills off its reviews section | Daily Mail Online
No...Fascism is revoking security clearance from people for political reasons. Fascism is demonization of the free press. Fascism is ****ing with the democratic election process such as gerrymandering and voter suppression. To name just a few but sorry...your Netflix issue does not quality.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-20-2018 at 09:24 PM..

Old 08-20-2018, 08:53 PM

639 posts, read 249,846 times
No surprise. Netflix is gonna go down hill fast....I haven't used it in years and I refuse to now that Hussein Obama is associated with them.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Private business makes private business decision.

Oh the horror!

Old 08-20-2018, 08:58 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,742,301 times
I absolutely love watching these Repubs bellyaching to no end over private companies running their businesses as they see fit. Isn't that what you've been wanting, righties? For private businesses to treat people any way they wish with no regard for human decency? Well, it looks like those chickens are coming home to roost. I say grow a pair and live with it. That's how you expect others to deal with these situations. Poetic justice at its finest!

Old 08-20-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
No surprise. Netflix is gonna go down hill fast....I haven't used it in years and I refuse to now that Hussein Obama is associated with them.
Which hill would that be and I see that your non-participation is not really having much of an affect on them.
Quote:
Survey says Netflix is more popular than cable, broadcast TV, and YouTube

Blackledge believes that Netflix will give shareholders plenty of reasons to be excited on July 16th when the company discloses its quarterly earnings. Netflix released 452 hours of original content in the second quarter of 2018, which is up 51% year-over-year and just slightly under the record 483 hours in Q1.

https://bgr.com/2018/07/03/netflix-v...opular-survey/

Old 08-20-2018, 09:03 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,742,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Oh because YOU haven't used it it's "going downhill fast"? LOL! You honestly believe that??? They're doing just fine. Trust me they couldn't care less about your patronage or lack thereof.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I absolutely love watching these Repubs bellyaching to no end over private companies running their businesses as they see fit. Isn't that what you've been wanting, righties? For private businesses to treat people any way they wish with no regard for human decency? Well, it looks like those chickens are coming home to roost. I say grow a pair and live with it. That's how you expect others to deal with these situations. Poetic justice at its finest!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Just like they want states rights to reign supreme until a blue state enacts its own policies. They would also **** a brick if blue states stopped paying the lion's share of federal taxes.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:06 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,571,990 times
Well, they are going full blown lobotomy liberal with the hiring of the Obama’s. It would take a team of moderators to delete negative posts so they could avoid offending the great one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies