Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 PM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I concur. My feelings on this are that not all people who get tattoos are lowlifes (a vast majority are not). But all lowlifes have tattoos.

If I was a cop that would be how I would profile people.
Do you know how many cops have tattoos?

Old 08-22-2018, 01:40 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What are you TALKING about? I hate tattoos, especially on women, but I’m for personal freedom. Their dumb tattoo doesn’t hurt me or infringe on me. I’m a liberal. I’m a Bernie Sanders supporter for Pete’s sake. What makes you think you can read other people’s minds based on political affiliation?

Tattoos are one thing that crosses almost equally among the left and right. In fact I saw a poll that showed nearly the same percentage of liberals and conservatives have them.

When it comes to income and education levels then that is a whole different story.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you know how many cops have tattoos?

I know several cops personally who do. I did not say they did not. But if I pulled someone over and they had tats I would treat them more carefully.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:45 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Tattoos are one thing that crosses almost equally among the left and right. In fact I saw a poll that showed nearly the same percentage of liberals and conservatives have them.

When it comes to income and education levels then that is a whole different story.
That’s true enough, but with exceptions. One of the radiologists I worked with had his whole back done.
The ones that make me shake my head are the neck and face tattoos. Oh, and the hands. Hand tattoos always look dirty to me.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That’s true enough, but with exceptions. One of the radiologists I worked with had his whole back done.
The ones that make me shake my head are the neck and face tattoos. Oh, and the hands. Hand tattoos always look dirty to me.

I attended a relatives college graduation this past summer (my relative does not have tattoos) and I what I found was hardly any of the graduates had visible tattoos. Most of the women were wearing sleeveless dresses (it was 100 degrees that day).

But a small blue collar town where I have rentals at it seems like almost everyone under 30 has them and a majority of older ones too. Its like a badge of honor. "I am not going anywhere in life and I am proud of it."

Old 08-22-2018, 01:56 PM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
I know several cops personally who do. I did not say they did not. But if I pulled someone over and they had tats I would treat them more carefully.
profiling means more carefully?
So if a cop has tattoos and pulls someone over for a traffic violation and that person also has tattoos the cop in your story should what exactly. Assume they are a low life and search the car or treat them carefully, like be considerate and anticipate violence??????

Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Yes, they are hollow people with little to recommend them. Like the drunk at a party who puts a lampshade on his head desperately crying for attention. It also indicates a coarsening of our society. Civilized people just don't do such things. I suggest that people who are so empty inside, try to make something out of themselves instead of getting tats. After all, tats must make you even less of a person, while doing nothing positive for you. The only people positively impressed are people of no consequence.
Society has always be kind of coarse. The 20s had Prohibition violence, and the 50s had greaser gangs. At one time it was common to smoke cigarettes indoors. During the Roman Empire, there was alot of debauchery and violence. Gladiators fought dangerous animals in front of thousands at stadiums. Tattoos are now the latest expression of the coarseness that has always been there. And for what it's worth, I don't have any tattoos, I don't want any tattoos and I'm turned off by women who have tons of tattoos on them. I prefer a woman not get any tattoos.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:49 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
I attended a relatives college graduation this past summer (my relative does not have tattoos) and I what I found was hardly any of the graduates had visible tattoos. Most of the women were wearing sleeveless dresses (it was 100 degrees that day).

But a small blue collar town where I have rentals at it seems like almost everyone under 30 has them and a majority of older ones too. Its like a badge of honor. "I am not going anywhere in life and I am proud of it."
I am willing to admit that I see less tattoos on a college campus than in a small blue collar town (I've been around both). However, part of me suspects that some of the women might have had tattoos, but they were in places that were easy to hide. Even a sleeveless dress can hide a tattoo if that tattoo is somewhere like the abdomen or the one's back. If the tattoos are not on the legs or arms, then you won't likely see the tattoo.

Now, this is something that through me for a loop. One of the first professors I ever met had a tattoo, on her foot, and she showed it off prominently. This was not some blue collar woman. She came from an educated, middle class home. And this was in 2004, one of the last times I remember tattoos not being prominent.

Now, with alot of blue collar individuals under 35, I do see more arm and leg tattoos. I'm more likely to see tattoo sleeves. But even among some middle class persons this is becoming more of a trend.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am willing to admit that I see less tattoos on a college campus than in a small blue collar town (I've been around both). However, part of me suspects that some of the women might have had tattoos, but they were in places that were easy to hide. Even a sleeveless dress can hide a tattoo if that tattoo is somewhere like the abdomen or the one's back. If the tattoos are not on the legs or arms, then you won't likely see the tattoo.

Now, this is something that through me for a loop. One of the first professors I ever met had a tattoo, on her foot, and she showed it off prominently. This was not some blue collar woman. She came from an educated, middle class home. And this was in 2004, one of the last times I remember tattoos not being prominent.

Now, with alot of blue collar individuals under 35, I do see more arm and leg tattoos. I'm more likely to see tattoo sleeves. But even among some middle class persons this is becoming more of a trend.
You don't see them at all where I live (other than on mechanics at the local garages) so if anyone has them, they're not showing them. But I think you're right that it's more of a trend among blue collar types.

Like I posted earlier, in most large corporations you won't be hired if you come in for an interview and haven't covered it up. I'm not talking about a butterfly on the wrist or ankle, I'm talking about arm tats or entire sleeves.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:10 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:

You have GOT to see this one. What a scumbag. At least his tats give fair warning!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...-in-las-vegas/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies