Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:22 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't think I would lump that poster in with the OP. They aren't on the same page about this. They aren't even on the same planet. Neither cares for tattoos, but one is polite and the other is...not.
Then I amend my statement from "your perception and that of the OP is becoming the exception" to "your perception and that of the OP are becoming the exception."

Old 08-23-2018, 09:37 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So far none of the Fortune 100 companies who are our clients seem to mind either.

It's looking more like YOUR perception and that of the OP is becoming the exception. Welcome to 2018.
Seriously.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:48 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
I work for a LE agency, and as I can recall, only 1 of our approx. 400 officers has any significant tats, and I NEVER met a doctor who had one. It is a cancer, however, that is rotting its way up our society.
What exactly is your point?

This is a big country with a lot of people. Do you expect everyone to speak with the same accent, have the same fashions, the same culture, according to your views only.

Just because you don't see a lot of tattoo'd professionals, it doesn't mean that elsewhere it is not the case.

In my area, some of the most well respected LE officers are also military servicemen. Most if not all have tattoos of some sort. Are you saying that the rest of us are lying because it doesn't conform to what you see in your part of the country.

THere are also lots of people with tattoos at my work (I am in technology) as well as live in a relatively affluent area with many professionals. There are many tattoo parlors in the area... right next to high end expensive boutiques in the same shopping strip.

Something makes me think you need to get out more and realize people are different location to location. Welcome to the year 2018 and you seem the only one that thinks that something skin deep as a tattoo represents a rotting society.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I don't believe you at all. Now if you said criminal law, I might.
Jack Dorsey, the CEO of twitter, has a tattoo along with several very successful businessmen/CEOs. So how is it so difficult to accept that a corporate lawyer would also have one?

Old 08-23-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
NONE of the things you cite are even 1% as ugly as the tats being parade around these days, and they are so prevalent as to be unavoidable.
stats please... or its B.S.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
I don’t know why people continue to engage in this thread. The OP & a couple others are simply trolling. It’s obvious. Not worth the time.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Make-up and perfume are almost as bad as tattoos in my book.
Just like tattoos.... subtle and contributing.. not overwhelming.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:03 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Jack Dorsey, the CEO of twitter, has a tattoo along with several very successful businessmen/CEOs. So how is it so difficult to accept that a corporate lawyer would also have one?
Corporate Lawyers are, generally, way too smart to turn themselves into a laughing stock by the application of tattoos that would be visible in an office environment. Perhaps one of those ambulance chaseing personal injury lawyers, but few higher on the food chain.

Oh yes, Twitter the company playing politics with their users. Yep trash company, trash CEO trashy tats. It fits. How about the CEO of IBM, GM, or even GMC or Boeing, CFO of United Airlines etc., I don't know, but almost certainly not.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:29 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don’t know why people continue to engage in this thread. The OP & a couple others are simply trolling. It’s obvious. Not worth the time.
It's an important issue. Physical appearance is importan. So goes appearance, as go attitude and eventually the nation. Being presentable in public is a standard Americans (mainstream) used to meet. If you look at old photographs, you 'll seem people wearing ties and jackets even in soup lines, and production line jobs. Now it is t-shirts and gym shorts, and underwear sticking out of the top of the pants which are below the butt, and nose rings, and other piercings etc., All of this represents a back-sliding of the culture, a coarsening, and uglifying of the fabric of our culture. Same thing with unshaven faces, i.e. the grunge look.

How far into the sewer are we going to slide until "we" realize that presenting yourself in public as a tatted-up freak show (and make no mistake, that is what you are, a freak show), or other debasing, in-your-face ugliness is dragging us down into the bilges of humanity, and must be reversed.

Have a little pride in yourself, and respect for the rest of Americans who have no real way to avoid getting an eyeful of your self-inflicted freak show ugliness.

Show a little class (high, not low)
Show a little respect

Old 08-23-2018, 10:36 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,601 times
Quote:
It's an important issue. Physical appearance is importan. So goes appearance, as go attitude and eventually the nation. Being presentable in public is a standard Americans (mainstream) used to meet. If you look at old photographs, you 'll seem people wearing ties and jackets even in soup lines, and production line jobs. Now it is t-shirts and gym shorts, and underwear sticking out of the top of the pants which are below the butt, and nose rings, and other piercings etc., All of this represents a back-sliding of the culture, a coarsening, and uglifying of the fabric of our culture. Same thing with unshaven faces, i.e. the grunge look.

How far into the sewer are we going to slide until "we" realize that presenting yourself in public as a tatted-up freak show (and make no mistake, that is what you are, a freak show), or other debasing, in-your-face ugliness is dragging us down into the bilges of humanity, and must be reversed.

Have a little pride in yourself, and respect for the rest of Americans who have no real way to avoid getting an eyeful of your self-inflicted freak show ugliness.

Show a little class (high, not low)
Show a little respect
Respect is earned.... You aren't entitled to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies