Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 04:37 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
One would have to be blind not to notice the ever-expandingtsunami of disgusting ugly tattoos appearing on the bodies of America’s bottomfeeders. Not just small, discrete tats like WWII vets might have gotten, butfull arm “sleeves”, sometimes crawling up the neck, throat et., lending adisgustingly eerie, trailer-trashy, gang bangery mantle of sickness.
This creepy skin-graffiti is not limited to men males, butis also found on women non-males, which contributes an whole other facet to thegross-factor of these body abominations.
Further compounding the disgust-factor, instead of keeping theirindiscretion, their newfound, self-inflicted ugliness, under cover, they seemto be bound and determined to put as much of it (and their poor-to-non-existentjudgement) on as full of display as possible, as if the normal people reallywant to see their grossness, their ugliness in all its putrid vileness.
For the life of me, I can’t understand why (or how) somebody wouldwant to defile themselves, to render themselves as a permanent laughing-stock.Do they think they are improving their appearance, increasing their “presence”,masculinity or femininity getting this graffiti applied to their skin?
]In the past, if an American wanted to stand-out, to get noticed, to set themselves apart from the crowd, they would wear nice clothing, clean and pressed, work to better themselves by being the best tradesman, craftsman, professional or entertainer they could be.
Nowadays, these cheap, shallow, empty people seek to do so by making a mockery of themselves via tattoo-ink, making themselves look more-akin to an MS-13 member than an American of some note or accomplishment.
I implore you, if you are so buggered up, to consider your fellow citizens and keep your ugliness under cover. The rest of are not interested in your idea of "class" or having that ugliness inflicted upon us. Please have consideration for those of us not particularly interested in your ugliness.
I couldn’t agree with you more. It is a brainless generation that is coming up. It is so totally outrageous to have to look at their trashiness. All that I can do is to make sure that the younger generation in my family doesn’t fall victim to this trash culture.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:39 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Nothing says “I am so ugly I have to apply art to myself to look interesting” than a tattoo.

I find dying hair weird colors or body piecing way more offensive when dealing with them in a businesses.

I personally think of them as part of the drug culture. Probably wrong but that is first thing I think.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:45 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I couldn’t agree with you more. It is a brainless generation that is coming up. It is so totally outrageous to have to look at their trashiness. All that I can do is to make sure that the younger generation in my family doesn’t fall victim to this trash culture.

Oh please tattoos are not just about the younger generation. I know a lot of the older generation who have tattoos....People whom were in past wars have plenty of tats. For glad sake get away from the computer look around.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:00 PM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I found your link gross. As a heterosexual male they do nothing for me except a major turnoff. But in the end it's their body.

I've never seen a person look better with a tattoo, quite the opposite actually. I don't understand the explosion / trend, especially all the young women who now have them.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:35 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,337,661 times
I encounter plenty of ugly people, who don't have tattoos, in my day to day life. I don't care that they are ugly, as I am not involved in a romantic relationship with them, so their appearance means nothing to me.

I'm sure there are probably plenty of people who think I'm ugly.

Not a big fan of people covered in tattoos, but I'm hardly disgusted by them.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
They're not my thing and for a long time I had a preconceived notion about anyone who had them beyond the guys in the service. Back in the day it seemed the only ones who had a number of tattoos were junkies so it used to make me sick just looking at sleeves. But I've found that some of the nicest, smartest people I've had encounters with had tats and sleeves so, I've stopped being judgemental about it.

In many business settings they need to be covered, however.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:18 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They're not my thing and for a long time I had a preconceived notion about anyone who had them beyond the guys in the service. Back in the day it seemed the only ones who had a number of tattoos were junkies so it used to make me sick just looking at sleeves. But I've found that some of the nicest, smartest people I've had encounters with had tats and sleeves so, I've stopped being judgemental about it.

In many business settings they need to be covered, however.
I’ve been a govie for a relatively long time, and tattoos aren’t anything that need to be covered. There are people walking around with full sleeves and other massive tats.

Many of our contractors have them, too. Sorry to inform the uptight, but tattoos are commonplace...even in the corporate world.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’ve been a govie for a relatively long time, and tattoos aren’t anything that need to be covered. There are people walking around with full sleeves and other massive tats.

Many of our contractors have them, too. Sorry to inform the uptight, but tattoos are commonplace...even in the corporate world.
Not in any corporate world I'm aware of, and it has nothing to do with being uptight. If you even showed up for an interview without covering them you wouldn't be hired.

But I get that corporations have much higher standards than the government does. I wouldn't hire anyone working for the government.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:03 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What is your objection? I can not image anyone being grossed out by a tattoo....now body piecing....
Most tattoos are gross looking. I have yet to see one that enhanced a person's looks.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:02 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
I don't have tattoos myself, but I could give zero effs f anyone else does. Their, body, their decision. I love seeing some tats; it's a good ice breaker with someone. You'll also find that the less you worry about things other people that does not personally harm you, the better off you'll be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies