Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 03:50 PM

505 posts, read 368,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
You are gonna choke on that Popcorn.

Nope. I eat it a bit at a time. Kind of like Trump does, with his little hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
You people followed Obama off a cliff for almost 9 years . The country is doing incredibly better in less than 2 years since Trump has been in office than Obama's disastrous 8 in office.

This isn't about Obama, it's about Cohen. I swear that "you guys" mention Obama, Hillary, etc. so often on these boards, I almost believe that you really want to summon them. But anyways, I'll just leave this here...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 03:51 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,471,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He did, however, implicate Trump in two felonies while not making a deal. I'd love to see what he could do if he decided to cooperate...
Cohen really is cooperating. Avenatti was on TV explaining it today. Avenatti knows a lot. He said sometimes the agreement for the plea deal is to say they aren't cooperating, because the parties agreed to keep that statement OUT of the plea deal. It doesn't mean they aren't cooperating though. It just means it's not part of the written plea deal.

Avenatti also said another reason it's left out of the plea deal is when there is a co-defendant that Cohen would snitch about(not his exact words). And that sometimes it's best to NOT mention the snitch deal because of the outstanding issues related to the co-defendant(such as Trump).

Watch for Avenatti to explain it again today on TV. He makes it clear that Cohen has flipped on Trump.

Last edited by sware2cod; 08-21-2018 at 04:04 PM..

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times
YAAAY, an ADMITTED FELON(Cohen)….. and now also a CONVICTED FELON(Manafort),the first two of the Trump MOB Family going to Prison!

Manafort convicted on 8 counts; mistrial declared on 10 others
A jury has found former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty after a three-week trial on tax and bank fraud charges — a major if not complete victory for special counsel Robert S. Mueller III as he continues to investigate the president’s associates.

The jury convicted Manafort on eight of the 18 counts against him. The jury said it was deadlocked on the other 10. U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis declared a mistrial on those other charges.
Manafort was convicted on five counts of filing false tax returns, one count of not filing a required IRS form, and two bank fraud counts.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Dny?li=BBnb7Kz

And this Trump Mobster still has another trial to face!

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Whitewater does not compare to this. To posture like it does in disingenuous. Whitewater was an issue that was specific to probable business crimes committed by the Clintons. There was evidence.

Whereas this began on no evidence specific to Trump, and was largely supported by Kremlin sourced "oppo" fictitious narratives bought and paid for by the DNC and targeting Trump (which is effective collusion on the part of the DNC, that wholly overshadows an a Trump camp meeting that led to nothing).

So, on one had you have an investigation that was specific to Clinton, based on evidence, and thus not a partisan witch hunt. On the other, you have an investigation that was not specific to Trump but is obviously targeting Trump (aka: a partisan witch hunt).

Moreover, the gravity of both issues, as measured by the possible effects on our democracy, is not in the same ballpark.

With that fact in mind, that this special investigation looks to be much more rootless, partisan, and thus corrupt makes the two situations not comparable in any way.
Sorry, you’re oblivious to reality. Mueller has the authority to conduct the investigation and prosecute crimes under covered as a result of the investigation.

If that bothers you, move to a more authoritarian country, assuming of course, you’re not already in one.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:53 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I thought KellyAnne was Trump’s campaign manager.

according to manafort's daughter he continued to run the campaign even after publicly stepping down.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:54 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,406,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The Bible thumpers are pretty much running this country right now even under Trump. Pence will be pretty much Trump on policy, but a "boring" behind-the-scenes President who has the dignity to hold the office (even though I strongly disagree with him) which is preferable to what we have now.
Agree. Pence is pushing the same policies through now in the background as VP as he would as POTUS. At least with him we would get rid of this dumpster fire joke of a loser.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:55 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Has anyone ever thought, if Trump really is innocent, why does he surround himself with criminals?

Birds of a feather really do flock together.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:55 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,797,954 times
President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen has pleaded guilty in a Manhattan court to violating campaign finance laws.

He said he did so at the direction of "the candidate", acting for the "purpose of influencing the election

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-45265546

Old 08-21-2018, 03:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Who on Obama’s team got convicted of a federal crime? Please enlighten me. I know you’d like to wish Trump’s corruption away but got news for ya. It doesn’t work that way. Just admit that you support a criminal. Say it with me. Trump is a clumsy criminal thug!!!
That's the team that gets a pass by filling appointments with people who cover for the crooks in their party.

We know that by the leadership that has been demoted, fired, criminal referral, etc...………………

Old 08-21-2018, 03:57 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,119,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Really?!? Because I know one of them personally. In fact, I know their parents as well.

I know for a fact that it is extremely unlikely that they are a fan of Trump or a Trump voter.

It's all a show, guy. Fox news is a neocon gatekeeping con-show. Note their election season behavior. Even now, they have obvious anti-Trump people on air (and who knows how many who hide it) whereas CNN has no regular Trump proponents on air. That should tell you a lot. The anti-Trumpers seep out through the cracks under the tent that is struggling to keep a disingenuous media circus going. Some of them show, and many do not.

Most of these media people, across all organizations, come from similar wealthy communities, went to the same prep schools, and went to the same Universities. They were in the same greek organizations, have the same personal political interests, and they all disperse into the same lawfirms, financial organizations, and media conglomerates.

There is no objective news that features journalists that work to show all sides of an issue. There is only the agenda and gatekeeping against those who would oppose it, which is Fox's task (and the National Review's, and the Weekly Standard's, etc).
It’s a show alright, it’s called a clown show! Gutfield? Watters? Don Jr’s GF? You can’t be serious. Maybe Perino and that’s a huge maybe. CNN has plenty of Trump apologists on but you’d have to watch it to know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies