Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 09:33 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I am Native American. I have observed this pattern used by anti-immigrant bloggers:

Propositional Statement #1: If an undocumented immigrant commits a violent crime, then it logically follows that all of them are violent criminals.

Usually, anti-immigrant bloggers will use such a crime to enhance views against illegal immigrants.
Counter-bloggers will assert as above - only a small subset of illegal immigrants actually commits such crimes. Then the counter-bloggers will accuse the anti-immigrant protesters of white racism or white nationalism.

This often gets left out - the root cause of illegal immigration can be traced back to hundreds of years of the "Spanish Casta" - a caste system of Colonial Spain based on degree of Spanish blood. This economic disparity has persisted into modern times, and those illegal immigrants are usually from the bottom of the "Spanish" casta in their original country (e.g. Central America).

So, the root cause is to fix the disparities of the legacy of the Spanish Casta that is still in effect. What that means is that the illegal immigrant is usually trying to get to America because of extreme Spanish racism in their original country.

Ironically, the pro-immigrant bloggers will ignore the Spanish casta and accuse white Americans of racism while the original Spanish country the immigrant had escaped was usually far more racist. Mexico had slavery on Native Americans in northern provinces into the early 1900s - especially for captured women and children from the Apache wars.

To me, the Spanish casta and its historical pattern of disparities is more racist than the Jim Crow Laws of the "Deep South" like Mississippi.
https://www.shmoop.com/spanish-colonization/race.html

I saw the comment about the crime in Colorado. I worked construction labor in Denver and experienced extreme racism from Mexican immigrants. They made it clear they saw themselves as higher up the "Casta" because they had far more Spanish blood. I told one of them "But I thought most Mexicans are part Native American" and he said "Yeah, but most of them don't want to admit it."

To be fair, not all Mexicans are like that. But the Spanish racism has been a pattern in Latin America.

If a conservative, white Republican wants to counter accusations of white racism from pro-immigrant political supporters, then the Republican simply has to point out the Spanish "casta" as a point of hypocrisy for immigrant supporters.

Please don't blur the lines between an immigrant and an illegal alien. No one that I know of is anti-"immigrant" they oppose illegal aliens. No one who defends illegal aliens is pro-immigrant either they are pro-illegal immigration.

I'm also a native American as I was born here. Everyone born here is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Just keeping the tally:

Brown illegal kills white woman - 105 pages
White guy kills whole family (pregnant wife, two children) 17 pages

Only difference - No realistic solutions on either thread, only bickering.
Or - seems most people on this board dont care that people get killed, just that they dont want to see brown people.

The skin color of the murderer is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was here illegally and therefore this crime should never have happened. An American, white or not is here legally and therefore that crime couldn't have been prevented, duh. Why do you people always pull the skin color, race card?

Old 08-23-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Farm that hired Cristhian Rivera, Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer, did not use E-Verify system, official says | Fox News

It's pretty clear they knew they were hiring an illegal when he showed up in person. You can't have it both ways...you can't blame Liberals for supporting illegals, yet scoff when a Republican ignores the law and the manta of the Right.

It's hypocritical just like it is to be against anybody supporting illegals except when that person is a Republican.

How did they know they were hiring an illegal alien if he presented authentic looking documents? Are you saying that if someone looks Hispanic/Mexican they are automatically here illegally?

If it is proven that they knew this guy was an illegal then I say throw the book at them so where am I ignoring the law? Yes, I do blame liberals for supporting illegals as that makes them anti-American traitors and that goes for any on the right who support them also. You can stop with your stupid assumptions and accusations and generalizing about regular conservatives/Republicans right now! Most regular conservatives do not defend Republicans who support illegal aliens nor those who hire them!!!

Old 08-23-2018, 09:51 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Exactly, thank you! The racist Trump-Putin crazies on this thread are disgusting.

This entire thread is basically a Trump-Putin "but what about the Mexicans!" circle-jerk to desperately distract from their Dear Leader's impending removal.
If there were ever a Russian troll Mods should do the dhs a favor and check this ones IP address

Old 08-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The skin color of the murderer is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was here illegally and therefore this crime should never have happened. An American, white or not is here legally and therefore that crime couldn't have been prevented, duh. Why do you people always pull the skin color, race card?
Skin color seems the entire issue amongst lefties/Russian trolls/discord sowers

Old 08-23-2018, 09:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Yes, because a woman has never killed a man, right? You should spend an afternoon watching ID Discovery.
I don't watch TV. And I would never imply that no woman has ever killed a man.

Approximately 1600 women are murdered every year at the hands of men in the US (that figure doesn't count the many thousands more women assaulted and abused by men). Are you suggesting that 1600 men are killed every year by women?

If 1600 men were killed by women every year, it would be considered a major public health issue. It would be all over the news, 24/7. Millions of $$ would be poured into studies to determine what was wrong with women and what could be done to keep men safe. Etc, etc.

But 1600 women murdered every year? Meh. These things happen.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:57 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I am Native American. I have observed this pattern used by anti-immigrant bloggers:

Propositional Statement #1: If an undocumented immigrant commits a violent crime, then it logically follows that all of them are violent criminals.

Usually, anti-immigrant bloggers will use such a crime to enhance views against illegal immigrants.
Counter-bloggers will assert as above - only a small subset of illegal immigrants actually commits such crimes. Then the counter-bloggers will accuse the anti-immigrant protesters of white racism or white nationalism.

This often gets left out - the root cause of illegal immigration can be traced back to hundreds of years of the "Spanish Casta" - a caste system of Colonial Spain based on degree of Spanish blood. This economic disparity has persisted into modern times, and those illegal immigrants are usually from the bottom of the "Spanish" casta in their original country (e.g. Central America).

So, the root cause is to fix the disparities of the legacy of the Spanish Casta that is still in effect. What that means is that the illegal immigrant is usually trying to get to America because of extreme Spanish racism in their original country.

Ironically, the pro-immigrant bloggers will ignore the Spanish casta and accuse white Americans of racism while the original Spanish country the immigrant had escaped was usually far more racist. Mexico had slavery on Native Americans in northern provinces into the early 1900s - especially for captured women and children from the Apache wars.

To me, the Spanish casta and its historical pattern of disparities is more racist than the Jim Crow Laws of the "Deep South" like Mississippi.
https://www.shmoop.com/spanish-colonization/race.html

I saw the comment about the crime in Colorado. I worked construction labor in Denver and experienced extreme racism from Mexican immigrants. They made it clear they saw themselves as higher up the "Casta" because they had far more Spanish blood. I told one of them "But I thought most Mexicans are part Native American" and he said "Yeah, but most of them don't want to admit it."

To be fair, not all Mexicans are like that. But the Spanish racism has been a pattern in Latin America.

If a conservative, white Republican wants to counter accusations of white racism from pro-immigrant political supporters, then the Republican simply has to point out the Spanish "casta" as a point of hypocrisy for immigrant supporters.
It's not racist to expect laws that Congress passed and the sitting President signed into law to be followed and enforced. It just so happens that Mexico is to the south and it's filled with Spanish people. If it was Canada on our southern border and Canadians were flooding into the country illegally there would still be the same outrage from many to build a wall and enforce the laws. Illegal aliens cost this country billions of dollars a year. Between lost tax revenue and welfare handouts that alone should be enough to act. The icing on top is when there is a high profile murder like this has become. The truth is illegal aliens knock each other off on a daily basis over turf wars and gang violence. Just because it's not in the news like Tibbetts is doesn't mean it doesn't happen or it's ok. In additon the most rational to semi rational person will agree that the majority of illegal aliens are NOT violent. But the fact is that many of them are and they all share one thing in common. They are illegal, thus they are all criminals.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:04 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It's not my opinion. It's fact. The illegal alien should not have been here. There is nothing to debate. Illegal immigration has always been illegal.

I doubt you read the vics twitter feed like I did. She was a hardcore misguided leftist. The difference between me and the hateful left is that I won't celebrate her death like the left would if someone on the right was murdered in cold blood. What happened to this young lady was a horrible preventable tragedy that should have never happened. However, the irony is what the irony is.

"Illegal immigration has always been illegal."

For most of its history the USA has been an open border country, up until 1965 anyone from latinamerica could move freely to the US. It was not until 1990's that illegal immigration became a real problem. Another thing, about half of illegal immigrants enter the country legally.

Illegal immigration is the scapegoat, all social institutions and society in general is deteriorating: religion, education, health and legal system. Things will continue to do so because economic policies rule over everything.

Some blame the left, some blame the right, some blame the immigrants. There is and will continue to be more to blame, all the while avoiding the real problems.

Last edited by thelogo; 08-23-2018 at 10:15 PM..

Old 08-23-2018, 10:04 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think that since it was a corporate farm run by a prominent republican family, you are trying real hard to make excuses for them.
I think that you are completely ignorant of the fact that illegal aliens have a better than 50% chance of beating e-verify.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:07 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
“U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States — either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization.

E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
E-verify misses 54% of illegal workers. Now what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies