Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll for Democrats/Liberals/Leftists: Should all violent illegal immigrants be deported and kept out
Yes 58 84.06%
No 11 15.94%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 07:38 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I include DUI, personally. It's potentially extremely dangerous.
I would be ok with that. To go through Canada, if you have a DUI, you have to get a "Queen's Dispensation" or some such and it's a process. So I hear anyway.

What I take out of this thread is that we can't have even a conversation with the CD righties because they listen to us and then proceed to tell us what we "really think' despite our pleas to the contrary. How do you deal with that level of recalcitrance (to put it nicely)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 07:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I bet the OP did it because he figured some wouldn't fess up to believing something so radical.
Regardless, when you hear liberals making excuses for illegal aliens committing crimes because Americans citizens do as well, you know where their hearts are at.

`
I think you are missing something here. Some people speak as though if we deport everyone who is here illegally, the country will suddenly be some kind of crime-free utopia where nothing bad ever happens to anybody. Is pointing out that this is a fallacy the sort of "excuse" you are talking about?

The fact is, we do have an immigration problem. However, we have other problems that need attention, as well, and it's troubling to me that this single issue has pushed so many other important things out of the spotlight. It's equally troubling that anyone who does not support "The Wall" is automatically condemned by Trump's supporters as wanting open borders. There are other ways of dealing with illegal immigration, that do not involve adding billions of dollars worth of construction and maintenance cost to the debt, and that would be less disruptive to the lives of the people whose land would be seized to build the damn thing.

In any case, I voted yes.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:32 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This has always been the case. The policy of the Obama administration was to prioritize the deportation of undocumented aliens who were engaged in violent, criminal behavior or drug dealing. What this meant was that undocumented aliens who were keeping their noses clean (most working or going to school, paying taxes, raising families) fell lower on the priority list, and would probably not be deported as long as they stayed out of trouble. A rational policy, given that we don't have resources to provide due process to 11 million people.

Illegal is illegal and regardless every illegal alien is supposed to be deported according our laws. No such thing as an undocumented either. How were they keeping their noses clean by working unlawfully in our country with either a fake or stolen ID or committing tax evasion? They never pay enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs either. Yet we don't have enough resources to deport them? They send billons out of our country not spent in our economy also.

Nothing rational about rewarding unlawful behavior. We tried amnesty back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today and Americans need their jobs back.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:36 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I’d toss em over a DUI, but that’s just me. We need Immigration reform. The system is screwed up right now. But the USA is a beacon of freedom and hope, so people will keep on coming. I wish Congress would work together instead of having partisan pissing contests.

Reform aka amnesty? We already have sane annual quotas for legal immigration so just what would you "reform"? It appears you want anyone who wants to come here to be able to do so while we commit national suicide. We can't offer the whole world hope to come here what part of that don't you get? No, they won't keep coming if we remove all of the incentives for them to come here starting with jobs and birthright citizenship for their kids and secure our border as it should be.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
I challenge those who voted "no" to come out of hiding and speak your mind about why you voted that way.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Reform aka amnesty? We already have sane annual quotas for legal immigration so just what would you "reform"? It appears you want anyone who wants to come here to be able to do so while we commit national suicide. We can't offer the whole world hope to come here what part of that don't you get? No, they won't keep coming if we remove all of the incentives for them to come here starting with jobs and birthright citizenship for their kids and secure our border as it should be.
Here's what I think:

Amnesty for those already here who have worked hard and behaved.

No more birthright citizenship.

Fix e-Verify or come up with something better. ENFORCE.

Criminals-- if they are convicted of crimes, they should be kicked out (after they serve their time) and never let back in.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:47 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some days I wish there were a FU emoji.

I voted yes
Some days I wish I could meet people like you in a back alley...

Old 08-23-2018, 10:51 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Troll:

Why do you even bother to reply? You know that's not true, and you also know that election fraud is so small it doesn't affect the outcome of elections.

Neither did the Russians.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:56 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I vote yes but I also think that any American who commits a illegal violent act needs to be deported to Afghanistan or similar area.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:01 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Some days I wish I could meet people like you in a back alley...
I'm just guessing, but I don't think the FU emoji was directed at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies