Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 11:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I mean, surely many Trump supporters have to know what’s right in front of their faces.

This man is a crook, and he needs to go sooner than later...for the sake of this country.

Trump supporters/voters made a mistake. When will they admit it?

Think about the AVERAGE Trump supporter. These people are mostly the uneducated white underclass. Trump was their Great White Hope. They will NEVER give up on that dream.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:15 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Its a little like hostage taking that occurs in the work place. When you hire someone and invest in them. As time goes on they don't seem to be the great hire that you thought they were. Firing them will now reflect negatively upon your judgement to your boss. So you become the hostage of the bad employee. They wont admit it but many Trump voters are hostages.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
My vote was not a mistake, what are you expecting me to acknowledge? I voted for who I thought was the best candidate, and I didn't vote for the lesser of two evils.

And a side note, unless you have a crystal ball, you have no idea what kind of trouble Hillary may or may not have gotten us into.
Quote:
See, that’s another way for you to not acknowledge what’s going on right now—this con-man is destroying everything good about this country. And, frankly, it’s a direct result of your vote.

At least, I’d like you to admit this country is in the middle of a huge mess...because of the guy you voted for.
That is exactly right. IF Hillary had won the election, we may or may not be facing the same issues with her. NOBODY has a crystal ball, but that is totally irrelevant to today's current events.

We have a President who is turning out to be far different than what he promised during the election, and there are mounting facts that he is corrupt, well beyond the typical "all politicians lie" threshold. For those who voted their conscience on November 8 (was it), THAT was not a mistake. But almost two years later, if you can't look at the mounting facts, and come to a conclusion that THIS GUY should not be running our country, then you have willful blinders on.

I'll give you all a hint: Admitting Trump is a bad choice has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Hillary. She is history, she will be forever the runner-up in the 2016 election. Any conclusions about Trump, are exactly that, "about Trump", and nothing to do with Hillary.

I doubt he'll be impeached. I do hope he's voted out in 2020, and I hope that if he is, that he and his followers respects the American tradition of Peaceful transfer of power.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:05 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt _farmer View Post
Give the Trumpers a few minutes to Google those big words in the title of your post.
Those are "big words" to you?

You must be the average urban democratic voter.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I find it fascinating that conservatives claim to be about family values. There was never any scandal about Obama cheating on Michelle. And here we have Trump who has cheated on all his wives and paid off women he had affairs with so it wouldn’t tarnish his campaign. How do you explain that.
That's easy. It's not a mystery. There are many, many issues more critical than a man's home life. No one else was addressing them. Trump did. He's elected. You should know by now that the conservative base won't be shamed into ignoring its most critical interests.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Maybe all this time "family values" actually pertained to mafia style families as in The Sopranos.
Says a member of the group who uses the fake term "hate speech" to protect against criticism of favored ethnic mafias in this nation.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:23 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That is exactly right. IF Hillary had won the election, we may or may not be facing the same issues with her. NOBODY has a crystal ball, but that is totally irrelevant to today's current events.

We have a President who is turning out to be far different than what he promised during the election, and there are mounting facts that he is corrupt, well beyond the typical "all politicians lie" threshold. For those who voted their conscience on November 8 (was it), THAT was not a mistake. But almost two years later, if you can't look at the mounting facts, and come to a conclusion that THIS GUY should not be running our country, then you have willful blinders on.

I'll give you all a hint: Admitting Trump is a bad choice has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Hillary. She is history, she will be forever the runner-up in the 2016 election. Any conclusions about Trump, are exactly that, "about Trump", and nothing to do with Hillary.

I doubt he'll be impeached. I do hope he's voted out in 2020, and I hope that if he is, that he and his followers respects the American tradition of Peaceful transfer of power.
I've already stated in this thread that I voted my conscience and it was 100% not a mistake, but some closed minded people cant even get past my vote and still blame me for things, so whatever.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I also found it astonishing that 42% of woman voters supported Trump in 2016. There is still some self loathing among some women, unfortunately which is fueled by right wing rhetoric.
That's not self-loathing. That's self interest.

A large number of women have caught on to the fact the the liberal agenda of divorce, abortion, gender-bending, and eradication of other traditional cultural values leads to a probable cat-lady life that is a lower standard of living than what the traditional family offered, lower happiness, and is basically poison for them and society at large.

You don't own them nor their self definition of their interests. To think that you do is preposterous and insulting.

Quote:
Ladies, take charge and stand up against misogynists.
They can't hear you. They're happily busy creating culturally normal family lives with men who love them. Enjoy your cats.

Quote:
You certainly deserve better than Trump! Hillary Clinton certainly had her faults, but it is obvious now she would have been a better President.
An elderly senile woman whose entire political and professional life is due to having a powerful husband, who is unarguably one of the most corrupt politicians in American History that we know of, and who changes her platform with the polls is by definition of poor candidate by any standard.

At least Trump was able to demonstrate unprecedented leadership and the associated tenacity to overcome an entire system that was against him becoming president. He's a natural leader, like him or not, and thus infinitely more qualified than that coat-tail riding opportunist that you think would have been adequate.

Quote:
I think in the post metoo era, Trump would have an extremely difficult time getting 30% or more votes from women in 2020.
Is that what you"think"?? What does that mean, you see a brief cultural window for false accusations to be successful that could have derailed a candidate that you hate? What a stand up American you are. He was recently elected. He will be elected again. You need to learn to deal with reality better.

Quote:
He is delusional If he thinks he can win again.
We'll see, won't we. Your corrupted press failed last time, and will fail this time. The last time around, people said the same thing. They gave him a 5% chance of winning. This time around, you will be similarly disappointed. Which is great, because it shows that the vote is still mightier than the politically corrupt propaganda outlets.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Think about the AVERAGE Trump supporter. These people are mostly the uneducated white underclass. Trump was their Great White Hope. They will NEVER give up on that dream.
And most democrat voters are the "uneducated minority underclass". Obama was their "Great Black Hope".

Because "most" of any large national group is always the least educated, it follows that such a point is nul. That you engage in this simple spin tactic, which is rooted in an incomplete framing of the situation (typical of all Leftist propaganda), leads me to believe that you are under-educated.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I mean, surely many Trump supporters have to know what’s right in front of their faces.

This man is a crook, and he needs to go sooner than later...for the sake of this country.

Trump supporters/voters made a mistake. When will they admit it?
Nothing intellectual in your emotional, irrational factless post.
Granted that is expected from the hypocritical left that ignored Obamas horrible policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies