Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 06:09 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This. When the inevitable downfall of Trump occurs, they will be completely in denial and blame it on everybody but Trump and their own gullibility. It's kinda like asking an ant to understand that it's living on a planet in a vast galaxy with millions of other stars and planets. They simply aren't capable of understanding.
Like the dems when HRC got her ass kicked and you all wanted to blame everyone and everything but her for the loss?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:10 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
100% Pure ignorance. You think I should have voted for your POS candidate just because you didn't like the other POS candidate? Its one of the most disgusting and selfish positions I hear people argue about those of us who vote 3rd party.

What makes your candidate so special that you think my vote would have went to them if the candidate I voted for didn't exist? Unless there were guns being pointed to my head, there was no way I was voting for Trump or Hillary, so no my vote for Johnson was not a vote for Trump. My vote for Johnson was a vote for Johnson, period, full stop. The only people that believe your ignorant stance are those who are so mired in their political extremism that they cant even put together a logical thought process, but nice try.
^Yeah, yeah...the same tired spiel from 3rd party voters. That’s not the point of this thread.

If you truly don’t support Trump, my thread isn’t directed at you.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:13 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^Yeah, yeah...the same tired spiel from 3rd party voters. That’s not the point of this thread.

If you truly don’t support Trump, my thread isn’t directed at you.
Sure, dismiss it because it points out the absolute fallacy of your ridiculous statement. And just like a typical dug in "support my candidate no-matter what" partisan on either side, you will attempt to dismiss the voice of a person who doesn't conform to the whole two party system. I have just as much right to weigh in with my opinion here regardless of who I voted for, so deal with.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Sure, dismiss it because it points out the absolute fallacy of your ridiculous statement. And just like a typical dug in "support my candidate no-matter what" partisan on either side, you will attempt to dismiss the voice of a person who doesn't conform to the whole two party system. I have just as much right to weigh in with my opinion here regardless of who I voted for, so deal with.
Of course you do. So, do you support Trump?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Of course you do. So, do you support Trump?
I want to see whoever our POTUS is do well. I've seen him do somethings that are OK, I've seen him do many things I don't like. I'd never consider myself a "supporter" of any D or R candidate I've seen run in my lifetime.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I want to see whoever our POTUS is do well. I've seen him do somethings that are OK, I've seen him do many things I don't like. I'd never consider myself a "supporter" of any D or R candidate I've seen run in my lifetime.
Thank you for answering. I think we all wanted him to do well for us/the country. His success—assuming his motives and aspirations are pure—would benefit us all.

What’s going on right now in this country, IMHO, is a disaster. I am not understanding why more people (even those who voted for Trump) aren’t standing up, saying the same.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:22 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,920 times
Quote:
Nobody made a mistake. There were two absolutely terrible options and people did what they always do, which is vote for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is always still evil.
An interesting defense.

So you are saying Clinton was a larger evil. There is no way to counter this argument since it is impossible for either side to prove Clinton was, or was not, a better choice.

However, it is not justification to keep him in office

Old 08-22-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
An interesting defense.

So you are saying Clinton was a larger evil. There is no way to counter this argument since it is impossible for either side to prove Clinton was, or was not, a better choice.

However, it is not justification to keep him in office
Truth, especially the bolded.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Thank you for answering. I think we all wanted him to do well for us/the country. If he does well, we all do, right?

What’s going on right now in this country, IMHO, is a disaster. I am not understanding why more people (even those who voted for Trump) aren’t standing up, saying the same.
I agree, it is a disaster. You have people threatening his life in a frequency which has put the Secret Service in a position of not even being able to keep up with investigating the threats. I use this as an example because as disgusting as I find him and his supporters sometimes, I find the majority of the D's and their supporters to be exactly the same. Its a no win situation, and nobody on either side deserves any special consideration or condemnation. Its all one big s**-show, and people that are so hell bent on "all or nothing" politics on both sides are to blame.

I'm thoroughly convinced that when the next D is elected as POTUS it will be a term full of investigations against that person by the Rs, as well as a bunch of retribution from the Ds to get back at them for things that Trump is doing now. If you think its bad now, just you wait for that next POTUS with a D after their name, its going to get super ugly and there are plenty of people on both sides to blame.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I agree, it is a disaster. You have people threatening his life in a frequency which has put the Secret Service in a position of not even being able to keep up with investigating the threats. I use this as an example because as disgusting as I find him and his supporters sometimes, I find the majority of the D's and their supporters to be exactly the same. Its a no win situation, and nobody on either side deserves any special consideration or condemnation. Its all one big s**-show, and people that are so hell bent on "all or nothing" politics on both sides are to blame.

I'm thoroughly convinced that when the next D is elected as POTUS it will be a term full of investigations against that person by the Rs, as well as a bunch of retribution from the Ds to get back at them for things that Trump is doing now. If you think its bad now, just you wait for that next POTUS with a D after their name, its going to get super ugly and there are plenty of people on both sides to blame.
I can’t disagree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies