Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 04:21 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,952,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
We’ll be building self sustaining houses in Guatemala (in places where the state nor the private industry supplies support).
Oh good, so you ARE leaving. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 04:26 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,301,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Oh good, so you ARE leaving. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
I've wished him luck many times but he is still looking for converts.

Winterfall: What's wrong with Cleveland? I clicked on that link. Looked interesting.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:06 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,399,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I've wished him luck many times but he is still looking for converts.

Winterfall: What's wrong with Cleveland? I clicked on that link. Looked interesting.
meh. I more of a nature person, and the scenery in Guatemala is nicer.

I may come back and give it a try.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
meh. I more of a nature person, and the scenery in Guatemala is nicer.

I may come back and give it a try.

When do you leave for Guatemala?

Old 09-09-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
When do you leave for Guatemala?
Depends on how things go. I hope to go there over the summer to see how things are, set myself up. I'd probably officially move 3 some years, I still have stuff to do here, but in the interim I'm fine volunteering in the Manchester area.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:17 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,301,291 times
Quote:
Depends on how things go. I hope to go there over the summer to see how things are, set myself up. I'd probably officially move 3 some years, I still have stuff to do here, but in the interim I'm fine volunteering in the Manchester area.
Manchester, New Hampshire?

Old 09-09-2018, 05:19 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,208,773 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...69466052538368

Just think, Bezos makes many times more than the average worker yet does not produce as much as they do. He should be paid less by the rules of input/output but because he controls the distribution of cash he makes the most.

Corporate CEOs generally lack basic trade skills that are needed to keep a society functioning and moral in nature, instead they are skilled at winning state subsidies, cutting financial costs that don't directly benefit their bottom line, and outsourcing production AND marketing. This is why when Obama or Trump selects one of them to help the US economy, they fail, because they have no real skills.

These concepts are basic yet everyone criticizes Bernie on this one tweet, why?

I've heard that Amazon workers make close to the minimum wage. Sanders simply points out the huge disparity between the salary of the CEO and the line worker. I applaud him for it. I've always been curious why politicians don't tell the hard truth about class warfare. It's because in America it's not supposed to exist and it does. Sanders was criticized for violating the gentlemen's agreement about class warfare.

By the way we are losing.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Manchester, New Hampshire?
Yup.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I've heard that Amazon workers make close to the minimum wage. Sanders simply points out the huge disparity between the salary of the CEO and the line worker. I applaud him for it. I've always been curious why politicians don't tell the hard truth about class warfare. It's because in America it's not supposed to exist and it does. Sanders was criticized for violating the gentlemen's agreement about class warfare.

By the way we are losing.
If the labor those workers provided was worth more money, they would get paid more money for it. No need to pay more than something is worth just because it will give some politician a warm fuzzy.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
If the labor those workers provided was worth more money, they would get paid more money for it. No need to pay more than something is worth just because it will give some politician a warm fuzzy.
When labor is controlled and limited, this doesn't enter the equation.

And if we were to use your logic, CEOs should be paid zilch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies