Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 07:48 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,041,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If you want to work at NASA and don’t know who Homer Hickam is, well, you’re too stupid to work there.
There is this aspect also.

Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 07:50 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,072,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A furry?
A human who dresses up in furry animal animal costumes and hangs out with the same, and even has sex in these furry outfits.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:51 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,570,005 times
Vice..............habitual and usually trivial defect or shortcoming

Ad........vice !!! Don't do it you idiot. Get your money back on that education. You have been fooled.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:58 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,372,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Many people of all ages do not appear to have adequate emotional maturity to envision potential consequences associated with their posts to social media.

Some of that is biology. Males under 24~25, females under 22~23 haven't finished their physical development yet, and the last stage is in the brain. It's known as the Prefrontal Cortex, part of what it controls is the ability to think about consequences, cause and effect. If I do/say this, what could possibly come of it (good, bad or ugly).

Part of it is social/environmental... Drink enough alcohol before that fully develops, and it's stunted forever (all the older people I know who have foot-in-mouth disease readily admit to lots of drinking and drugs from teen years trough their early 20's).

Some of it is a sense of anonymity with posting online.

I'm in the camp of "Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence" ~ say something stupid in a public forum, suffer the consequences that may arise from it. I chuckled when I saw this "news" yesterday. A person being the cause of their own misery is humorous.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:06 AM

77,959 posts, read 60,134,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If you want to work at NASA and don’t know who Homer Hickam is, well, you’re too stupid to work there.
Yeah, they probably also think Buzz Aldrin was that character from Toy Story.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:09 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,335,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
This is why I don't mention my employer on any social media accounts or profiles (other than LinkedIn which I dont really use other than to network).

Social Media is a big thing in 2018 Corporate America. I have to take 3 ethics training classes a year about what I can and can't do on social media. The reason we have it is for exactly what you say you can't understand, people complain and do associate employees statements with employers values/beliefs. Our society is made up of largely loud whiny complainers who get triggered over trivial nonsense (and this cuts across political persuasions, snowflakes wear both colors).

Further, my current employer has a BYOD policy as it pertains to phones. But if you choose to use your personal device, you have to install an app that provides them remote admin rights to the entire device. The same policy is applied if I add their name to my Facebook profile.

A previous employer had a policy where if you had social media accounts, you had to follow their style guide on them; appropriate/professional profile pictures, posts had to be reviewed by them before you could post etc.

Obviously I bought a second phone because my employer will never have admin rights to my phone. And I left that previous employer within weeks of that announcement (for a multitude of reasons, but that policy was on the pile of why).
Kind of makes starting a private business sound pretty tempting, huh? Except for the immense amount of work involved not to fail...but that does seem like it'd be a major appeal.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:11 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,041,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Kind of makes starting a private business sound pretty tempting, huh? Except for the immense for the immense amount of work involved not to fail...but that does seem like it'd be a major appeal.
The "previous employer" was a private, small business of 30 employees.

Not that I disagree with your overall point.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:22 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,931,114 times
She should be fired -- for Stupidity. To post **** for all the world to see is the very definition of Stoopid.

She wasn't even there long enough to put it on her Rezumay. Too bad, Naomi.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:44 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,382,414 times
I am taking it this was a male-to-female when they said to suck her balls.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:47 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,135,699 times
People who aren't smart enough to know when to create a profile that is NOT tied to their name on Twitter, so they CAN complain about whatever bothers them are just not very bright people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies