Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:06 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,560,116 times

Advertisements

Not all Americans. Only the ones that love kissing Crooked Trump's rump and cheer at every word he speaks.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:07 PM

4,001 posts, read 2,676,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
This?

This what?

This total BS?

Tell me what Trump did as POTUS, or while running for, that would constitute grounds for an impeachment?

Awww.....did I wreck your dream of a glorious revolution in the name of The Orange One by pointing out logically that such an endeavor is bound to fail? Cuz you seem pretty upset.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 PM

18,515 posts, read 7,276,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It takes a special type of STUPID to be facing impeachment after 18 months in office. You really have to be outrageously, comically awful.

I mean, it's like Trump wants to be imprisoned. Trump is toast.
No way in hell that Trump goes to prison, and the chance of impeachment is equally small. He hasn't done a damn thing except win an election that the bad guys tried to fix.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:10 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,210,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I guess you haven't seen any news this week. You may want to remedy that.
So you get your "news" from CNN or MSNBC?

Please.

Shut the stupid off and think for yourself.

Trump won.

Hillary didn't.

Your "side" is a-ok with another illegal killing a 20 year old girl from Iowa and has some dumbass professor from Fordham show EXACTLY what liberals are all about.

Your "side" is pathetic.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:13 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,037,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No way in hell that Trump goes to prison, and the chance of impeachment is equally small. He hasn't done a damn thing except win an election that the bad guys tried to fix.
He is a saint and a pillar of society. The standard bearer for truth justice and the American way.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 12 days ago)

5,784 posts, read 3,568,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/polit...hen/index.html

This is the elephant in the room when it comes to Trump's impeachment, especially if he is convicted and removed from office. I want Trump gone just as much as any other liberal but it cannot be done hastily or without undeniable proof of a crime. Why? Trump is a populist who is still backed by a very loyal base. Impeaching for the wrong reasons could cause our nation's ongoing "cold culture war" to go hot.

So what do you think? Is Guiliani correct in that Americans would take up arms to defend Trump if Congress tried to impeach him?

At worst, some assassination attempts or low-level terrorism. Remember that Civil Rights was a much more hot button issue back in the 60s. Yet there was no armed revolt.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:15 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,633,052 times
While I'm not certain at this point weather or not impeachment is in our president's immediate future, I thought it might be illuminating for some to explain a little about the impeachment process. Many people I have talked too over the last several months seem to be under the impression that the president will be removed from office and stripped of his title should the House of Representatives file Articles of Impeachment on said president. This, as most of you know, is simply not the case. But for those who don't, let me explain.

If and when the House decides to file for the impeachment of the president, you must understand that the House is actually accusing the president of a crime/crimes. Now, at this point, you move into the trial phase, which is carried out by the Senate, not the House. And here's where things get rough, because it would take a super-majority, or 2/3 of the Senate to actually impeach the president. That sort of vote is hard to come by. Which of course is why even though Bill Clinton had Articles of Impeachment filed against him, he remained the president until the end of his term. Because even though he was charged with a crime/crimes by the House of Representatives, he was acquitted in the Senate. And that's really all there is too it.

So I'd say the question is.....is it possible that 2/3 of the Senate will convict Donald Trump of a crime? I honestly doubt it. I mean, I suppose anything is possible, but we had absolute evidence of Bill Clinton's wrong doing while he was actually in office and he still got acquitted. I'd say the odds are still in Trump's favor at this point. At least if we use our most recent example of how this sort of business plays out.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/polit...hen/index.html

This is the elephant in the room when it comes to Trump's impeachment, especially if he is convicted and removed from office. I want Trump gone just as much as any other liberal but it cannot be done hastily or without undeniable proof of a crime. Why? Trump is a populist who is still backed by a very loyal base. Impeaching for the wrong reasons could cause our nation's ongoing "cold culture war" to go hot.
Of course. If the Left tells Americans that elections don't matter, Americans will do their politics by other means.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Um, you forgot the avalanche of felonies, the first of which were confirmed two days ago.
There are no felonies. You're dreaming.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:21 PM

4,001 posts, read 2,676,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
While I'm not certain at this point weather or not impeachment is in our president's immediate future, I thought it might be illuminating for some to explain a little about the impeachment process. Many people I have talked too over the last several months seem to be under the impression that the president will be removed from office and stripped of his title should the House of Representatives file Articles of Impeachment on said president. This, as most of you know, is simply not the case. But for those who don't, let me explain.

If and when the House decides to file for the impeachment of the president, you must understand that the House is actually accusing the president of a crime/crimes. Now, at this point, you move into the trial phase, which is carried out by the Senate, not the House. And here's where things get rough, because it would take a super-majority, or 2/3 of the Senate to actually impeach the president. That sort of vote is hard to come by. Which of course is why even though Bill Clinton had Articles of Impeachment filed against him, he remained the president until the end of his term. Because even though he was charged with a crime/crimes by the House of Representatives, he was acquitted in the Senate. And that's really all there is too it.

So I'd say the question is.....is it possible that 2/3 of the Senate will convict Donald Trump of a crime? I honestly doubt it. I mean, I suppose anything is possible, but we had absolute evidence of Bill Clinton's wrong doing while he was actually in office and he still got acquitted. I'd say the odds are still in Trump's favor at this point. At least if we use our most recent example of how this sort of business plays out.
Yup. Which is why I said earlier that if Congress did do this, Trump's base could scream revolution/civil war all they want, but without the major weaponry that the Armed Forces has, they're not likely to get far. And if Congress follows legal process, the brass ain't likely to go against them over Trump. These guys are lifers, and they've seen presidents come and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies