Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 04:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What did Deep Throat tell Bernstein and Woodward in the Watergate story? Follow the money.
Always
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 04:39 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
non story. YAAAWWWWNNNN
Some will choose not to acknowledge the Titanic is sinking until it is too late.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Even Mueller and the investigators, I'm sure, are scratching their heads and thinking "I knew it was bad, but never thought they were this bold and bad".....so sad. We need to start hanging traitors again and also go to a VAT or other than an "honor" tax system because these people are stealing from ALL of us taxpayers and selling our country down the river.

I mean - it's obvious...you can't trust wealthy Americans to pay their fair share.
That is probably a good idea, but there are some ethical wealthy Americans like Warren Buffett.

Last edited by chessgeek; 08-24-2018 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-24-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What a horrific week for Donald Trump. It keeps getting worse and worse...wow.

In exchange for immunity, Weisselburg is going to sing like a canary.

Trump supporters must be feeling bummed lately.....this is the beginning of the end for Trump's presidency.
That is so true. This is so reminiscent of Watergate back in 1974 when I was just 14. I remember Nixon flashing the peace sign on his way out. He resigned on August 9, 1974 (yes, I googled that ). I have a feeling Trump will go out with less class and may even flip us the bird.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:19 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Michael Cohen, long-time legal “fixer” for Trump, pleaded guilty to eight criminal charges and implicates Trump

Manafort, campaign manager, found guilty in court.

David Pecker, the CEO of National Enquirer publisher American Media Inc. and the "catch and kill" store front, has been granted immunity

Allen Weisselberg, Trump Organization CFO, Granted Immunity

Trumps Attorney General appointee states the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations.

Even Trump is saying the impeachment word by trying to suggest his being in office is the only thing holding the stock market up.

The house of cards is falling. More and more people are distancing themselves from Trump and doing whatever they can to stay out of jail themselves. The legal system has been walking on eggs for over a year because they are dealing with the President but the evidence is piling up. "Alternate facts" and "truth isn't truth" is not reality and the judicial system, congress and the American people are fast coming to the conclusion this farce has to stop.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I guess we're conceding the fact that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia and that, in spite of their most dishonest attempts to steal the election, the Clinton campaign lost a practically won election all by their sleazy, cheating selves (with some help from the O-DOJ).
You can speak for yourself. It isn't over until it is over.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
I guess we're conceding the fact that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia and that, in spite of their most dishonest attempts to steal the election, the Clinton campaign lost a practically won election all by their sleazy, cheating selves (with some help from the O-DOJ).

lol, that trail of money leads all the way to Moscow

Old 08-24-2018, 06:06 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Oh it is FAR from over.. if they can Mueller, NY is gonna run with the ball, lol.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:06 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
From WaPo:
Quote:
It is unclear whether investigators in New York have sought to get information from Weisselberg beyond his knowledge of Cohen’s reimbursements.

Peter Z. Wu, a real estate broker who has worked with the Trump Organization, said Weisselberg was always quietly at Trump’s side during negotiations and handled the payments to the company’s partners.

“He gets involved in all the transactions, all the money flows, so he’s quite an important man, and I’m sure he’s very loyal to Donald,” Wu said. “I would be surprised if they would be able to get too much out of him.”

It is not uncommon for prosecutors to offer immunity to a person who may have wittingly or unwittingly facilitated a crime if investigators decide that person is more of a witness than a perpetrator, or if prosecutors decide they cannot get necessary testimony without offering some degree of immunity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.71f973a19f9f
Apparently the Feds zeroed in on Weisselberg from the tape and Weisselberg is being used as corroboration for Cohen's testimony. In the process he was granted immunity. I don't think he's going to be doing much other than confirming what prosecutors already know. He definitely hasn't "flipped." A Trump family loyalist to the core, family loves him.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:18 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
A Trump family loyalist to the core, family loves him.

we'll see. it wasn't too long ago that cohen was a great guy who would take a bullet for trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies