Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 08:36 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times

Advertisements

I said prior to the election, and I will repeat now: I fear that Donald Trump will hurt his 'brand', and destroy his legacy.

I had also opined, way back when, that Mr. Trump would resign from the Presidency after two years, proclaiming that he had 'achieved all he set out to do".

I still feel that way. Mr. Trump would be well advised to resign, and try to repair the damage he has done to the "Trump" brand, if possible.

Yet, I now doubt that Mr. Trump will willingly resign. He is so invested in his idea of being "great", that I doubt he will resign.

Mr Trump will ride this to the very end, destroying the Trump brand, and, in all probability, ending up in prison, along with his three eldest children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 08:36 PM

25,578 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Weisselberg and Pecker do not have "cooperating" immunity agreements

Their immunity comes likely because they would not voluntarily agree to a constructed immunity deal...

Their immunity involves compulsion to testify...
.....[in] their investigation of Cohen...right now...since he is the only one UNDER investigation....

But remember at this time in the legal process the SDNY might not have legal reason to go after Trump Corp IN DEPTH
Absolutely. Trump would be wise to shut up and concentrate on his job. Tweeting and whining and insulting Sessions and the DOJ, has elevated (in the public's eyes) the investigation into so much more than it really may turn out to be in the end.

Do I believe he's committed tax and financial fraud in a myriad of ways - yes. And Mueller may very well be able to prove this.

Do I believe he knew, aided and abetted the Russians in election tampering - yes. Will Mueller unequivocally be able to prove this - possibly not - other than via a "connect the dots." Without credible testimony from more witnesses than just Cohen, in the end "Russian collusion" may very well die an ignoble death.

I, too, think 'immunity' for Pecker, Weisselberg and, to a lesser degree, Cohen are overrated - and, especially in the case of Weisselberg, may not yield the fruit others are hoping for.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I guess we're conceding the fact that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia and that, in spite of their most dishonest attempts to steal the election, the Clinton campaign lost a practically won election all by their sleazy, cheating selves (with some help from the O-DOJ).
Ken Starr took five years. Just sayin’.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:39 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
I don’t think Trump would ever have his organization investigated, where have the Trump children been haven’t heard anything from young Donny or Kushner.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:39 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I said prior to the election, and I will repeat now: I fear that Donald Trump will hurt his 'brand', and destroy his legacy.

I had also opined, way back when, that Mr. Trump would resign from the Presidency after two years, proclaiming that he had 'achieved all he set out to do".

I still feel that way. Mr. Trump would be well advised to resign, and try to repair the damage he has done to the "Trump" brand, if possible.

Yet, I now doubt that Mr. Trump will willingly resign. He is so invested in his idea of being "great", that I doubt he will resign.

Mr Trump will ride this to the very end, destroying the Trump brand, and, in all probability, ending up in prison, along with his three eldest children.
Trump's legacy is that he is one 45 people to become President of the United States of America. Whatever happens, his legacy is set in stone.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
non story. YAAAWWWWNNNN
En boca cerrada, no entran moscas.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
non story. YAAAWWWWNNNN
Of course none of this means nothing -- that is why you took the time to make sure we all knew you didn't think any of it was important at all.

LOL

Old 08-24-2018, 08:50 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don’t think Trump would ever have his organization investigated, where have the Trump children been haven’t heard anything from young Donny or Kushner.

He runs his organization like a mob boss. He's from NY he thinks that is the way to run things. They dont like prying eyes checking them out. The main reason the wants to stop the investigation on him, and his organization. And like in the mob, lots of guys get thrown under the bus, before the top guy gets taken in. Just as it is happening now. Get the popcorn ready!

Old 08-24-2018, 09:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Absolutely. Trump would be wise to shut up and concentrate on his job. Tweeting and whining and insulting Sessions and the DOJ, has elevated (in the public's eyes) the investigation into so much more than it really may turn out to be in the end.

Do I believe he's committed tax and financial fraud in a myriad of ways - yes. And Mueller may very well be able to prove this.

Do I believe he knew, aided and abetted the Russians in election tampering - yes. Will Mueller unequivocally be able to prove this - possibly not - other than via a "connect the dots." Without credible testimony from more witnesses than just Cohen, in the end "Russian collusion" may very well die an ignoble death.

I, too, think 'immunity' for Pecker, Weisselberg and, to a lesser degree, Cohen are overrated - and, especially in the case of Weisselberg, may not yield the fruit others are hoping for.
My husband said Roger Stone's assistant was given immunity today
But I find nothing about it here. Or on Google News

That would be an interesting development.
Because he took a contempt charge and fought Mueller's subpoena...

Old 08-24-2018, 09:37 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My husband said Roger Stone's assistant was given immunity today
But I find nothing about it here. Or on Google News

That would be an interesting development.
Because he took a contempt charge and fought Mueller's subpoena...
https://www.citizentribune.com/news/...caf4347d9.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/polit...ler/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies