Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 09:48 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People attack Trump because he's a constant liar and they call him out on it.
I agree, compulsive lying and bad reality shows are the only things that he’s good at!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 09:59 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
All Trump is doing is destroying the United States of America because people like you want to tear up our nation!
It's mindset of a vandal or an anarchist. They take sick joy in destroying norms and chopping away at the underpinnings of our Constitution. Of course this will hurt them too in the end, but consequences be damned. Trump loves to feed into this impulse to destroy.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It's mindset of a vandal or an anarchist. They take sick joy in destroying norms and chopping away at the underpinnings of our Constitution. Of course this will hurt them too in the end, but consequences be damned. Trump loves to feed into this impulse to destroy.
Nothing in the Constitution gives our country the right to bomb other countries that have done absolutely nothing to us.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:04 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
All Trump is doing is destroying the United States of America because people like you want to tear up our nation!
Destroying how? I mean really..when you post junk like that without any specifics, it shows you are just spouting talking points

Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As far as I remember, Palin always remained loyal to him which makes this a sad situation.
Palin should be there, she was kinda fun. They could have her say a few words, nothing long, something that could fit in the palm of her hand. She might not have helped him in that election, but I don't think she cost him the election either. They damn well better have Joe the Plumber there, and lots of guest speakers. Trump could put on a military parade for him, and have a plane do a wet start near the Lincoln Memorial, as McCain's funeral procession passes by. Fill the sky with planes so thick it blocks out the sun.

The seating arrangement for the funeral needs to be right. Representatives from each party coming together, like Steve King & Maxine Waters side by side, McCain's wife and ex wife, Cindy & Carol, Trump and Obama, Guest speaker from Vietnam, one of the VC interrogators who tortured him, to speak on how tough he was. They should have a few Mexicans get up there and thank him for the amnesty and benefits they received in Arizona, with a follow up from Jerry Brown, whom might want to run for governor there sometime soon. Keating can handle all the financial arrangements for the funeral.

There should be a tea party afterwards.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:35 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Palin should be there, she was kinda fun. They could have her say a few words, nothing long, something that could fit in the palm of her hand. She might not have helped him in that election, but I don't think she cost him the election either. They damn well better have Joe the Plumber there, and lots of guest speakers. Trump could put on a military parade for him, and have a plane do a wet start near the Lincoln Memorial, as McCain's funeral procession passes by. Fill the sky with planes so thick it blocks out the sun.

The seating arrangement for the funeral needs to be right. Representatives from each party coming together, like Steve King & Maxine Waters side by side, McCain's wife and ex wife, Cindy & Carol, Trump and Obama, Guest speaker from Vietnam, one of the VC interrogators who tortured him, to speak on how tough he was. They should have a few Mexicans get up there and thank him for the amnesty and benefits they received in Arizona, with a follow up from Jerry Brown, whom might want to run for governor there sometime soon. Keating can handle all the financial arrangements for the funeral.

There should be a tea party afterwards.

just bury the old fart already.......let's drop his coffin from a B-52 bomber plane on downtown Hanoi that would be sweet justice since Mccain loved bombing poor countries and Vietam is where it all started for him, without Vietnam John would have never be elected U.S. Senator.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:36 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As far as I remember, Palin always remained loyal to him which makes this a sad situation.
McCain was sure singing her praises when she campaigned for his 2010 re-election. He even made some reference to her and Reagan, I remember because it was an oh don't go there moment for me. These last few years could have just been the cancer talking.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:41 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Destroying how? I mean really..when you post junk like that without any specifics, it shows you are just spouting talking points
You want specifics? I got a slop pail full of specifics for you.
Do you want a litany or will the latest attempt by Trump to divide the nation through fear and falsehood do?

Trump had a meeting with evangelical leaders the other day and said they must endorse and promote him to their constituents from the pulpit even though it's against the law to do so because if the Democrats take control of the House, there will be massive violence caused by them.

This statement is totally false and not based on any factual information and is patently absurd on it's face. I could see some protests in the streets by progressives if they lost control of the house come November but not if they win the house. They will have all the tools they need to run Trump through the wringer. Congressional subpoena of Trump's and his family's tax returns anybody?

Trump is instilling fear and dividing the nation in almost every thing he does or say's. European Union is our enemy. Canada and Mexico are enemies. Germany is our enemy. NATO is screwing us. Liberals and Democrats are violent anarchists. The press is the enemy of the people.
And the best one of all, 'don't believe what you see and hear about me, it's all false, only I will tell you the truth no matter what you see or hear'. But Russia and Putin is our friend and Kim Jong Il is a really nice guy who is to be trusted.

These are indisputable facts on the record and you have the unmitigated Gaul to call John McCain, the greatest American hero of modern times "McStain?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:52 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

This statement is totally false and not based on any factual information and is patently absurd on it's face. I could see some protests in the streets by progressives if they lost control of the house come November but not if they win the house. They will have all the tools they need to run Trump through the wringer. Congressional subpoena of Trump's and his family's tax returns anybody?

\

Your post is silly and laughable.....so now the job of partisan Democrats is to do the job of the IRS and the New York State Revenue on Trump and his family tax returns for political reasons? LMAO!!!

you just proved why the Democrats are the minority party and are clueless with their Trump derangement syndrome.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:38 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
McCain lies in state at the Arizona State Capitol Museum. He's the third person to lie in state in the Rotunda in the last 40 years -- following in the footsteps of Arizona State Sen. Marilyn Jarrett in 2006 and Olympic gold medalist Jesse Owens in 1980.

The funeral will be at the Washington National Cathedral on Saturday.

Good question.

Her medical bills for the rest of her life would be a relative drop in the bucket to Cindy. I'd think she'd pay them just to avoid negative publicity and/or to avoid Carol's lawyers suing John's estate....but who knows. I suppose anything could happen.

^^^^^
A few minutes after typing the above, I remembered hearing years ago that at least one of John's adopted sons from his first marriage to Carol (Carol's biological sons from a previous marriage) works for Cindy. Sure enough...

https://people.com/politics/john-mcc...scuss-divorce/
(see third paragraph from the end)

Given that, I can't imagine that Carol's bills would stop being paid.
CNN is referring to the Arizona service...in their lettering at the bottom of the screen...as 'The Funeral of Senator John McCain'

Fox isn't.

Fox's lettering....'Remembering Senator John McCain'

I decided to search for 'which of John McCain's services is the funeral'...

Some of the results....

A local Phoenix TV station is referring to the Arizona service as the funeral.

People magazine is referring to the Washington DC service as the funeral.

Time magazine is referring to both of them as the funerals.

All of the schedules that I'd seen before doing this search identified the Washington DC service as the funeral, and I posted the previous post I'm quoting re an article I read before seeing any 'formalized' schedule where today's church service (that is happening right now) was listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies