Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 04:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nothing in the Constitution gives our country the right to bomb other countries that have done absolutely nothing to us.
This seems to contest your opinion...………

https://www.heritage.org/political-p...-affairs-power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Palin should be there, she was kinda fun. They could have her say a few words, nothing long, something that could fit in the palm of her hand. She might not have helped him in that election, but I don't think she cost him the election either. They damn well better have Joe the Plumber there, and lots of guest speakers. Trump could put on a military parade for him, and have a plane do a wet start near the Lincoln Memorial, as McCain's funeral procession passes by. Fill the sky with planes so thick it blocks out the sun.

The seating arrangement for the funeral needs to be right. Representatives from each party coming together, like Steve King & Maxine Waters side by side, McCain's wife and ex wife, Cindy & Carol, Trump and Obama, Guest speaker from Vietnam, one of the VC interrogators who tortured him, to speak on how tough he was. They should have a few Mexicans get up there and thank him for the amnesty and benefits they received in Arizona, with a follow up from Jerry Brown, whom might want to run for governor there sometime soon. Keating can handle all the financial arrangements for the funeral.

There should be a tea party afterwards.
why not...…...

Old 08-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
just bury the old fart already.......let's drop his coffin from a B-52 bomber plane on downtown Hanoi that would be sweet justice since Mccain loved bombing poor countries and Vietam is where it all started for him, without Vietnam John would have never be elected U.S. Senator.
good idea...………...drop him on this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh_Mausoleum

Old 08-30-2018, 07:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Funny, your kind was calling him everything but "classy" during the 2008 campaign
Sure, we called him a lot of things, but nothing as nasty as Trump supporters are calling him now. We have respect for his service, but a draft dodger like Trump, and his servile supporters, have no respect for veterans. They have proven that in multiple elections, when they disparaged John Kerry in favor of a man who went AWOL from the National Guard and had to have his daddy tell his C.O. to pencil whip him up an honorable discharge.

McCain served in Vietnam with distinction, while a Manhattan millionaire ducked out.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:10 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sure, we called him a lot of things, but nothing as nasty as Trump supporters are calling him now. We have respect for his service, but a draft dodger like Trump, and his servile supporters, have no respect for veterans. They have proven that in multiple elections, when they disparaged John Kerry in favor of a man who went AWOL from the National Guard and had to have his daddy tell his C.O. to pencil whip him up an honorable discharge.

McCain served in Vietnam with distinction, while a Manhattan millionaire ducked out.

did you feel the same about Bubba Clinton?

and what are you smoking, in 2008, Democrats pretty much called Mccain a warmonger nut, war criminal and a RACIST (that one is never late)....tell me what nasty things Trump supporters have called him worse than that?

John Kerry was a sellout...not for what he did in Vietnam but when he came back, he threw veterans under the bus to push his political career.

so cut the B.S., ever since Vietnam, the left has been nasty to veterans and police. Now they are going after ICE......see a pattern with the left or you need glasses?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
,....We have respect for his service, ....
Man what short memories you guys have.
Quote:
He gave an excellent speech. He exposed McCain's numerous failings and also shows the vast difference in leadership in the days and months after 9/11, between "Baghdad" McCain and Barack Obama
Quote:
....The real McCain. Not a pretty sight, not by a long shot.
And you called him a lot worse than that. You called his wife a bimbo, you called him unqualified for anything. Now here you are faulting people for doing the same thing that you did. Nobody is fooled. We know why you profess love for Baghdad McCain (your words). It's only because of Trump.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Then why did his previous congress colleague refer to him as "deceitful" and "fake"?

Ah, which one would that be and when?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Man what short memories you guys have.

And you called him a lot worse than that. You called his wife a bimbo, you called him unqualified for anything. Now here you are faulting people for doing the same thing that you did. Nobody is fooled. We know why you profess love for Baghdad McCain (your words). It's only because of Trump.
I already said I called him a lot of things, but the man has passed and I respect his service. I'm a vet, you're not. You support draft dodgers, I don't.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
I already said I called him a lot of things, but the man has passed and I respect his service. I'm a vet, you're not. You support draft dodgers, I don't.
So because he assumed room temperature and you're (supposedly) a vet you and others are somehow given a pass or allowed to get away with, or not be called out for being a hypocrite?

Interesting idea, I guess...

Old 08-31-2018, 08:40 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Just because he was a vet doesn't mean he served honorably....kind of like Manning or a few others....I have no respect for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies