Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 08:15 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
John McCain's funeral will forever serve as a demarcation in US history. His self-choreographed funeral made several direct and powerful statements.

His funeral will forever be the stuff of legacy. At his request, George W. Bush (his GOP Presidential Nominee opponent) and Barak H. Obama (his Presidential opponent) delivered a Eulogy befitting a Dignified Statesman or . . . a President.

The [requested] absence of former running mate Sarah Palin and President Trump is a MAJOR statement.

In his death, Senator John McCain indelibly defined Americanism.

Thank you Senator. As a former Serviceman, I have Stood and Saluted in Your Honor.
Well said. I too felt that the funeral was befitting that of a President who died in office. However, should the current one fall to that fate, before impeachment and removal, I suspect few who were at McCain's funeral will be at Trump's, and certainly even less will be able to find kind words to say about him.

Well, maybe Putin will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 09:01 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And many of us expect better from our president who takes daily shots at anyone who dares to go against him...his own party included. It makes him look bitter, small and petty which he is. Trump promotes hate and has no idea what grace is.
This was her last chance to honor her dad. She will always remember the thoughts and feelings behind the words as "getting Trump told". She can't go back and undo it but it will mar her memories of what should have been a sending off her father moment without any thought of Trump's remarks about McCain or the leftists who criticized McCain for years and years.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:17 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
This was her last chance to honor her dad. She will always remember the thoughts and feelings behind the words as "getting Trump told". She can't go back and undo it but it will mar her memories of what should have been a sending off her father moment without any thought of Trump's remarks about McCain or the leftists who criticized McCain for years and years.
In some alternate reality, perhaps.

Naaaah, not even there. I think she’ll be just fine.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:19 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
I doubt Megan will give a second thought about what she said since she spoke the truth. And Trump has no idea what the truth is.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:35 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Why are people complaining that Trump did not honor McCain as well as they thought he should, when McCain did not invite him to the funeral. Something about he wrote that while still alive. he didn't want Trump there.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:39 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Before you morn his passing you should give thoughts to those who lost their lives due to his reckless actions
https://youtu.be/U6NnfRT_OZA
This was required training video when I was in Navy boot camp in 1990.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6NnfRT_OZA
Wow. What a sorry and petty comment.

It’s regrettable that you weren’t shown other mistakes and reckless actions that resulted in unnecessary death and destruction. If they were alive, my father and uncle could tell you about some “clusters” concocted by the brass that almost wiped out their units in Korea and Vietnam respectively.

We can start with the Gulf of Tonkin resolution, the ever important fudged “body count” in Vietnam and all the other “actions” politicians have taken.

McCain paid the price for a lot of things while Trump DODGED the draft. Some people love to forget about that. Trump is a draft dodger.

I didn’t always see eye to eye with him, but I voted for him for senator a few times. Didn’t vote for him for president because of his association with Phil Gramm and then Palin.

For all his flaws (we all have flaws), he was a better human being than Trump could ever imagine being.

He had a well thought out and glorious funeral. He deserved it.

RIP John McCain.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Why are people complaining that Trump did not honor McCain as well as they thought he should, when McCain did not invite him to the funeral. Something about he wrote that while still alive. he didn't want Trump there.
Trump is incapable of saying anything nice about people who ARE better than him. Didn’t even want the flag at half staff. I’m not surprised.

I am grateful that Trump didn’t go. He would have made it all about himself. Frankly, Trump shouldn’t be taken out in public for such occasions.

Yes, McCain requested that Trump not be there. McCain wanted a dignified funeral and he got it.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Nah.

She’ll be fine with what she said.

That was her daddy. You don’t appear to know “daddy’s little girls” everywhere. I have two. You say something bad about their daddy and they will tear your head off.

Criticism is part of politics in a democracy. If you cannot take it, you shouldn’t be in politics. Trump’s skin is very, very thin.

After perusing through some of the comments on some threads I’m quite certain that the vilest criticisms about McCain have come from the right.

Last edited by EDnurse; 09-01-2018 at 10:55 PM..

Old 09-01-2018, 10:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Nah.

She’ll be fine with what she said.

That was her daddy. You don’t appear to know “daddy’s little girls” everywhere. I have two. You say something bad about their daddy and they will tear your head off.

Criticism is part of politics in a democracy. If you cannot take it, you shouldn’t be in politics. Trump ‘s skin is very, very thin.

After perusing through some of the comments on some threads I’m quite certain that the vilest criticisms about McCain have come from the right.
So are his supporters. The mere mention of an alternate view other than Trump's get's them in a froth. Pointing out that Trump jumped the shark is unforgivable. The main reason all these Trumpsters are so fired up about McCain is that he stole their thunder for the last week. It's always all about Trump. For the last week, it's been all about McCain. Trump and his internet blubberers don't like that.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So are his supporters. The mere mention of an alternate view other than Trump's get's them in a froth. Pointing out that Trump jumped the shark is unforgivable. The main reason all these Trumpsters are so fired up about McCain is that he stole their thunder for the last week. It's always all about Trump. For the last week, it's been all about McCain. Trump and his internet blubberers don't like that.

really dude, is that your lame take? the media couldn't even try to honor Mccain without bashing Trump and Trump supporters are the ones obsessed?

you are correct in one thing, last week it's been all about the over-glorification of Mccain to bash Trump.......Mccain's funeral got more coverage than President Ford funeral, that's how lame all of this is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies